Instead of dragging everyone down...

Why is everyone on the right trying to argue against more vacation time? The average is 9 days out of a year. All I'm saying is technology was supposed to streamline and make everyone more productive thus requiring less work hours for everyone.

We've seen the opposite happen. Workers are able to get more done in less time but still work more than any other country.

Why don't we ask for more instaed of less?

In WI ppl complained about teachers getting more vacation time. They didn't complain about thier jobs NOT giving enough vacation. Their envy caused them to see it as unfair.

The Average American gets approx 9 days of vacation. The screams from the right are what? Let's knock that down to 5?

For a minute I thought the left might actually be addressing a real issue such as "why not ask for more oil production instead of less" but alas it was about vacation time.

Why is everyone on the right trying to argue against more vacation time? The average is 9 days out of a year. All I'm saying is technology was supposed to streamline and make everyone more productive thus requiring less work hours for everyone.

We've seen the opposite happen. Workers are able to get more done in less time but still work more than any other country.
Nobody is against vacation time, you sniveling simp.

Why are you so insistent on propping up this flimsy strawman?

I note how carefully those asking their fellow Americans to give up their right to collective bargaining fail to ask the BANKSTERS to give up their right to demand rates of interest on long and short term loans that are 10, 20, 30 times the cost of the money they borrow to relend it out.

Of course that kind of exploitation, exploitation of the have not class by the have too much class doesn't bother them one bit, does it?

Tools.
Super non sequitur.

What do you do for an encore?

Translation: I'll never admit someone else might be correct, ever ever ever ever ever. It was a fucking analogy, and this is a fucking forum. Or have you forgotten that...again...

I note how carefully those asking their fellow Americans to give up their right to collective bargaining fail to ask the BANKSTERS to give up their right to demand rates of interest on long and short term loans that are 10, 20, 30 times the cost of the money they borrow to relend it out.

Of course that kind of exploitation, exploitation of the have not class by the have too much class doesn't bother them one bit, does it?

Tools.
Super non sequitur.

What do you do for an encore?

Translation: I'll never admit someone else might be correct, ever ever ever ever ever. It was a fucking analogy, and this is a fucking forum. Or have you forgotten that...again...
It's an analogy where one part of it has nothing to do with the other.

Do yourself a favor and Google "non sequitur".

One of the things that unions have done is create generations of people who've developed a mindset that's the only way to go. Union! Union! Union! That's not true. With unions, essentially, you have to pay dues or not have a job - you'll be harassed by your co-workers. Everybody has to be in lockstep. When unions make monetary demands for more, more, more from employers, the employers have less money to improve product or create new jobs. And I bet that members' dues go up as well.

The cost of employers' contributions to benefits, such as vacations, medical, dental, vision insurance, retirement plans, etc. are a part of a workers' total compensation - it's factored into employer yearly budget planning. It's invisible income - and in some instances could become taxable income to the workers.

In places where unions are not so strong, those who don't join the union get every single benefit that is given to union members - and still keep that dues money in their pocket.
People have a right to work - not pay dues in order to work. Can you get fired from your job in a right-to-work state? Absolutely. But union members can also be fired from their jobs - it just costs the employer more time and money to do it.

That's the philosophy, true. But with the decline of unions over the past couple of decades, we've also seen a corresponding sharp decline in wages. Just the threat of unions kept management honest.

Hmm, really? You would think having the summers off America would have better results in education then.

Summers "off"?? Teachers, if they want to remain in the profession, take courses to advance their own education, many teach summer school or tutor failing students, some actually WORK at other full-time jobs and try to get caught up to the rest of the higher-paying professionals. In any event, you can hardly blame teachers unions for the "summers off" excuse, because that's a trend that's been around since the one-room school house.

Why don't we ask for more instaed of less?

In WI ppl complained about teachers getting more vacation time. They didn't complain about thier jobs NOT giving enough vacation. Their envy caused them to see it as unfair.

The Average American gets approx 9 days of vacation. The screams from the right are what? Let's knock that down to 5?

You're exactly right. The mindset of many is that we must drag union members down to their level. They forget that unions are responsible for many things that they take for granted such as minimum wage, job safety, child labor laws, 40 hour workweek, overtime, etc..

None of which has been an issue in most people's lives since they were what, 18?

Gotta love an adult for whom minimum wage and child labor is still an issue. But I guess that's why you're in a union.

:lol:

I know, someone needs to start another thread to discuss raising the minimum wage again, and then we'll get to see just how "unimportant" an issue it is to people like you.

How much do you want?

Whom do expect is going to pay for it?

So you think no American should be given vaction time unless their employer Gives it to them out of the kindness of their hearts?

Other than the telephone company, I've never had a job that was unionized - and I also did not join the CWA union. At my last job I had 3 weeks of paid vacation per year - so did all my co-workers based on years of service. In one job I was able to roll over my vacation time from year to year and when I quit they owed me and paid me for about 6-7 weeks of unused vacation time. I also got medical coverage, pension benefits, paid sick leave, FMLA benefits, Christmas bonuses based on salary and a second bonus at the employers' fiscal year end based on profits that surpassed the goal they had set for that year's profits. All the employees got those benefits. Some employers can afford to offer great compensation packages and others can't afford them. And I have worked for both.

I also had the full package, plus a great salary and bonus at the end of the year. But those days are gone now that this is no longer an employee's job market where employers are vying with each other for the best.

Nobody is against vacation time, you sniveling simp.

Why are you so insistent on propping up this flimsy strawman?

Why are you always such a pissed off fuck? That you're a mod again is what pisses ME off. There's your "strawman," now give me your best shot.

Forum List

Back