Instead of dragging everyone down...

Oh dear, and here I thought it was more of a conservative thing to have the little woman stay home and mind the kids, home school, cook, clean, prop up hubby's 6-figure income, etc., the whole Cleaver Family image. No?

Again, a liberal talking out of her azz and still feels smart. Must be nice.

And dubbing TM a "latte liberal" was smart? Wow. (Make a stupid comment, expect one right back if I'm in the room.)

I just noticed your "latte" avatar! Too funny!!!!!!!!! Does that mean you're a "latte con"???

No it makes you slow. ;)

She bragged about her husbands wealth. Get it now?

eta: Notice she sees it as what he "gets" and not what he earns. She also doesn't see her contribution as work.

Last edited:
23 November 1887
The Thibodaux Massacre. The Louisiana Militia, aided by bands of "prominent citizens," shot at least 35 unarmed black sugar workers striking to gain a dollar-per-day wage, and lynched two strike leaders.

Again, a liberal talking out of her azz and still feels smart. Must be nice.

And dubbing TM a "latte liberal" was smart? Wow. (Make a stupid comment, expect one right back if I'm in the room.)

I just noticed your "latte" avatar! Too funny!!!!!!!!! Does that mean you're a "latte con"???

No it makes you slow. ;)

She bragged about her husbands earnings. Get it now?

Umm no I didnt , we were talking vacation days and I said he gets more than most.

http://www.lutins.org/labor.html

13 January 1874
The original Tompkins Square Riot. As unemployed workers demonstrated in New York's Tompkins Square Park, a detachment of mounted police charged into the crowd, beating men, women and children indiscriminately with billy clubs and leaving hundreds of casualties in their wake. Commented Abram Duryee, the Commissioner of Police: "It was the most glorious sight I ever saw..."

Last edited:
The right seems to be failing to sucessfully defend their failed ideas in this thread.

How is it good for America for Americans to not get vacation time?

Hey dummy.... I love my vacation time! I get 5 weeks off a year, and thats not including sick time. :eusa_drool:

Just go find you a job that allws that as a benefit, and get to work.

Oh, and one more thing.... I dont think my industry whined and moaned about it on the steps of a states capital, doing all kinds of damages while they were at it.

Just sayin'

Why are you ignoring the long history of our country?

There would be no vacation time for you if it were not for Americans unionizing.

American Labor History

10 September 1897
19 unarmed striking coal miners and mine workers were killed and 36 wounded by a posse organized by the Luzerne County sherif for refusing to disperse near Lattimer, Pennsylvania. The strikers, most of whom were shot in the back, were originally brought in as strike-breakers, but later organized themselves.

Last edited:
21 June 1877
Ten coal-mining activists ("Molly Maguires") were hanged in Pennsylvania.

3 July 1835
Children employed in the silk mills in Paterson, NJ went on strike for the 11 hour day/6 day week.

July 1851
Two railroad strikers were shot dead and others injured by the state militia in Portgage, New York.

23 November 1887
The Thibodaux Massacre. The Louisiana Militia, aided by bands of "prominent citizens," shot at least 35 unarmed black sugar workers striking to gain a dollar-per-day wage, and lynched two strike leaders.

All of these events were in a different era. They needed to be addressed and workers joined together in union to try to effect change. Over the 100 or so subsequent years laws have been enacted and agencies formed to deal with employer/employee issues. We do have federal and state child labor laws today, minimum wage requirements, equally employment opportunity, disability rights, OSHA and many other rights that benefit workers - and they are all protected and enforced under federal and state laws and guidelines.

With all these protections in place today, why do we need to pay unions to get these rights in place for us? There was a time when unions were a good thing, but they are now past their time - the only thing they serve to do now is to bully and bilk employers AND workers out of every dime they can get for the greatest benefit to those on the top rung of the ladder ... sort of like all those greedy, selfish, self-absorbed big corporation CEOs. It's the same thing. Those on top benefit the most.

Why don't we ask for more instaed of less?

In WI ppl complained about teachers getting more vacation time. They didn't complain about thier jobs NOT giving enough vacation. Their envy caused them to see it as unfair.

The Average American gets approx 9 days of vacation. The screams from the right are what? Let's knock that down to 5?

I want to ensure I keep getting X amount of $$'s every two weeks. I've got my life on a budget. Certain amount for mortgage, car, food, bills, recreation, savings.

If something makes it harder on my employer to keep paying me that X amount every two weeks, I don't like it. If the government wants to take X amount for taxes, ok. But if the gov't then says they need X + 2 because they need to fund another program, then I have issues with that.

So....if my company can't afford something (like 4 extra vacation days) then I DO NOT WANT IT because I depend on X every 2 weeks to maintain my lifestyle. If my company is taxed more, and thus can't afford to give X every 2 weeks, I'm against it. It all comes down to each person having a lifestyle budget. Someone provides the funding for that budget, likely a CEO or company. I dont want those two things harmed, because those two things give me X $$'s every 2 weeks to make my personal budget.

How is that so fucking hard for libtards to grasp?

21 June 1877

3 July 1835
Children employed in the silk mills in Paterson, NJ went on strike for the 11 hour day/6 day week.

July 1851
Two railroad strikers were shot dead and others injured by the state militia in Portgage, New York.

23 November 1887

All of these events were in a different era. They needed to be addressed and workers joined together in union to try to effect change. Over the 100 or so subsequent years laws have been enacted and agencies formed to deal with employer/employee issues. We do have federal and state child labor laws today, minimum wage requirements, equally employment opportunity, disability rights, OSHA and many other rights that benefit workers - and they are all protected and enforced under federal and state laws and guidelines.

With all these protections in place today, why do we need to pay unions to get these rights in place for us? There was a time when unions were a good thing, but they are now past their time - the only thing they serve to do now is to bully and bilk employers AND workers out of every dime they can get for the greatest benefit to those on the top rung of the ladder ... sort of like all those greedy, selfish, self-absorbed big corporation CEOs. It's the same thing. Those on top benefit the most.

I sort of equate the union movement with the anti-slave movement. There was a time and place for both, and a reason both were needed. We now have anti-slave laws, and we have a Dept of Labor to ensure safe, fair work places.

So basically, we need unions today as much as we need a Dept of Stopping Slavery in the United States. Both are out-dated.

Do you just say Gubmit no matter the topic?

I didn't mention the govt at all

Who gives vaction to teachers? Who run the department of education?

Not the the federal government, for sure. Try each state, and then break it down into each district run by independent school boards. The teacher's union which negotiates such benefits as vacations isn't an agency of the federal government either.

Government is government be it state or federal.

23 November 1887

You do know all your examples, in current times, would be handled by:

A) A murder charge

or

B) The Department of Labor

We no longer need unions. Just like we no longer need anti-slavery groups. Both are out-dated. WE have progressed past those times. So should you.

6 October 1986
1,700 female flight attendants won an 18-year lawsuit (which included $37 million in damages) against United Arilines, which had fired them for getting married.

Why are you ignoring the long history of our country?

There would be no vacation time for you if it were not for Americans unionizing.

I ignore the history of unions like the left ignores the history of the founders and forming of this nation, so we are on a equal playing field.

21 June 1877

3 July 1835

July 1851

23 November 1887

Take away the right to unionize in this country and you will see worker rights whittled away at by the corps until they do just what they used to do, kill people.

History has PROVEN what employers would stoop to concerning workers.

You people pretend the history means nothing.

21 June 1877

23 November 1887

Take away the right to unionize in this country and you will see worker rights whittled away at by the corps until they do just what they used to do, kill people.

History has PROVEN what employers would stoop to concerning workers.

You people pretend the history means nothing.

Really? Because most of the South is non-union. And our regions are booming, the 2010 Census says so. Our economy is growing down here due to non-union, low tax environment. Business is fleeing the Northeast/Midwest and moving South. And we're non-union. Believe it or not, we dont' use slaves. We don't beat or kill our workers. Our workers actually:eek: gasp!!! own homes, raise kids, own cars, go on vacations, invest, and even have some left over.....all at non-union jobs.

Believe it or not, we only work 40 hour weeks down here also. We get sick leave. Holidays. Safe working environments. And the South is dominated by right-to-work.

How do we get away with all this down here WITHOUT UNIONS?

Well, it's called the Department of Labor. That Dept covers all 50 states to ensure safe, fair work places. Thus, unions are no longer needed.

Come on buddy. Progress into modern times with us man.

Because the Unions set the standards.

If there were no unions you would get only what the owners wanted to pay you.

Thaat is how it was before unions and the history shows this.

Let's check the scoreboard:

$4.00 gasoline..

Skyrocketing food prices...

The real unemployment rate easily in the range of 20%...

No federal budget for this year or next...

The Fed printing up money like the Wiemar Republic...

And the Crybaby Chorale is whimpering about....Vacation time? :lame2:

Good thing you fruitcakes have such a firm grasp of what's really important. :slap:

Truth don't matter is this you?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNneIyKuL0w&feature=feedf]YouTube - JFL Hidden Camera Pranks & Gags: Huge Red Flag[/ame]

Forum List

Back