Inside every liberal is a totalitarian screaming to get out

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
A stunningly good summary. And it identifies the fundamental difference between today's conservatives and today's liberals.

Will a society do better, on average, when each member can make his own decisions, learn from his mistakes, and sink or swim by his own efforts? Or would it do better if ruled by an elite who can overrule the individuals' decisions with "better" decisions of their own?

------------------------------------------------

Inside Every Liberal Is A Totalitarian Screaming to Get Out (III) | FrontPage Magazine

Inside Every Liberal Is A Totalitarian Screaming to Get Out

by Daniel Greefield
May 24, 2013

There is a characteristic feature to tyranny. It isn’t the scowling faces of armed guards or the rusting metal of barbed wire fences. It isn’t the black cars of the secret police or the prison camps surrounded by wastelands of snow.

The defining characteristic of tyranny is the diversion of power from the people to the unelected elite. The elite can claim to be inspired by Allah or Marx; it can act in the name of racial purity or universal workers compensation or both. The details don’t matter, because in all instances, tyranny derives its justification from the superiority of the rulers and the inferiority of the people.

The left launched two revolutions. One was the hard revolution of bombs and assassinations by those who did not have the time or patience to wait for the long march through the institutions of the state. This revolution was born quickly and died quickly. It killed millions and choking on their blood it died by stages, losing its ideas and then its power, until there were only a few old men and women in shawls clinging to red velvet portraits of Stalin.

But there was also the soft revolution that was slow and subtle. It was a revolution of laws, rather than bombs. It did not concern itself with 5-year-plans but with 50-year-plans. It proceeded by increments, raising the temperature so very gradually that the free world did not realize it was cooked until it could smell its own burning flesh.

The revolutions of the east failed. They rose quickly in fire and fury and only ashes and statues remain. But the revolutions of the west have been underway for generations in countries where millions of men and women go about their business without realizing what is taking place around them.

When H.G. Wells met with Lenin in 1920, he wrote, “Our essential difference, the difference of the Collectivist and Marxist, the question whether the social revolution is, in its extremity, necessary, whether it is necessary to overthrow one social and economic system completely before the new one can begin.”

Lenin demanded a revolution that would directly attack the capitalist system, but Wells believed that, “through a vast sustained educational campaign the existing Capitalist system could be civilized into a Collectivist world system.”

That educational campaign is the soft tyranny we see all around us. The educational campaign is a nanny state in which we are forever being educated by our betters for our own good.

The nanny state has a short term purpose and a long term purpose. Its short term purpose is to educate us out of our selfish freedom of choice. Its long term purpose is to incrementally “civilize” or “evolve” a free people into collectivism through smaller measures undertaken in the name of the public good.

Instead of a single explosive burst of revolution, instead of terrorists rushing in with guns in hand, instead of bombs exploding and assassins gunning down public officials, there is the slow creep of laws that remake attitudes and accomplish the same purpose not in a day or a year… but over the decades.

Instead of one great revolution, there are a million smaller revolutions stripped of overt ideology and pretending to serve the public good.

Complete article here: http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreen...is-a-totalitarian-screaming-to-get-out-2-1-1/

Last edited by a moderator:

True, but many conservatives are the same way.

Some are.

"Conservatives' really need to focus on issues that are important to everyone, FISCALissues, and ignore the social issues first. The feds have no business dictating behavior.

Defeat the left on that alone, and the states can focus on your pet issues. They can have free housing, healthcare, food, dope, clothes, cars, abortions, and statewide orgies in California, and Georgians can legislate all the most devout baptist morality they like. There will be happy middle states for the rest of us.

If you are a partisan (Republican or Democrat) you both fall under this category.

However, I believe most Americans don't' realize the error of their ways, and most prefer freedom and liberty, they just don't realize they are supporting the opposite.

You can't claim to promote liberty if you're pushing for federal laws that forbid behaviors that have nothing to do with you.

Let the butt pirates get married.

Let people smoke grass.

Let the libtards have abortions, that's a no-brainer....

If the majority of the people in your state want to forbid these things, then pass the law and enforce it.

Hell if you can get legislation through your state that makes praying to odin mandatory, forbids sex for any other purpose than procreation, makes possesion of a pot seed a capital offense, have at it. I just won't live there.

I'd bet not too many people would.

False. Most conservatives believe in democracy at the local level.

No, you don't.

Most of us believe in being left alone. Some of us might be hung up on moral issues, but I find that far less offensive than the people insisting on throwing their "lifestyle choice" in my face and demanding to be respected solely based on that.

I'm tired of every sort of malcontent, deviant and pervert demanding validation for their behavior, and being told if I don't accept it, there's something wrong with me. My indifference to it should be sufficient.

Kind of a funny piece coming from the political mindset that empowers corporations and big money while crushing the little guy.

That would be the liberal mindset.

No it wouldnt, Republicans are the ones pushing the corporate fascist state where the wealthy pay little taxes and the burden falls onto the little guy, hell their last presidential candidates whole platform was further tax cuts for the wealthy.

Kind of a funny piece coming from the political mindset that empowers corporations and big money while crushing the little guy.

No it wouldnt, Republicans are the ones pushing the corporate fascist state where the wealthy pay little taxes and the burden falls onto the little guy, hell their last presidential candidates whole platform was further tax cuts for the wealthy.

You are a sniveling bed wetter, and too stupid to post anything worth reading.

/ignore.

You are a sniveling bed wetter, and too stupid to post anything worth reading.

/ignore.

And you are a Rush Limbaugh listening to scumbag piece of shit.

LOL.... I see the leftists aren't even bothering to try to back up that lie any more. They just blurt it out and run away.

Acorn, ever here it is a shorter jump from one extreme of the outdated horseshoe to the other than it is to walk across?

Look up the political compass online and fool around with the 2D charts a bit. It is definitely superior to the single bar of cheerleader simplicity.

False. Most conservatives believe in democracy at the local level. Most liberals want to impose their views on the entire nation through federal laws and court decisions.

Not what the author of this piece thinks.

"If the American is unfit to be trusted with a soda cup or a gun or a lawn dart or any of a thousand other things taken away from him for his own good, then how can he be trusted with the ballot box?"

Didn't New Yorkers elect their own mayor. That's where the ban is. If a city bans guns, are you okay with that or would you scream the loudest?

Lawn Darts? Seriously?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4UnpbWM-vQ]Ed's Redeeming Qualities - Lawn Dart - YouTube[/ame]

False. Most conservatives believe in democracy at the local level. Most liberals want to impose their views on the entire nation through federal laws and court decisions.

"If the American is unfit to be trusted with a soda cup or a gun or a lawn dart or any of a thousand other things taken away from him for his own good, then how can he be trusted with the ballot box?"

Didn't New Yorkers elect their own mayor. That's where the ban is. If a city bans guns, are you okay with that or would you scream the loudest?

Lawn Darts? Seriously?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4UnpbWM-vQ]Ed's Redeeming Qualities - Lawn Dart - YouTube[/ame]

The soda ban didnt go through and NYC Mayor Bloomberg is a corporatist Republican.

Lawn Darts? Seriously?

The soda ban didnt go through and NYC Mayor Bloomberg is a corporatist Republican.

Yeah those dastardly courts intervened and legislated through the bench. Another anti-(something) point. The point is this essay doesn't back up woodies assertion, it whines about things done at the local level.

Some are.

"Conservatives' really need to focus on issues that are important to everyone, FISCALissues, and ignore the social issues first. The feds have no business dictating behavior.

Defeat the left on that alone, and the states can focus on your pet issues. They can have free housing, healthcare, food, dope, clothes, cars, abortions, and statewide orgies in California, and Georgians can legislate all the most devout baptist morality they like. There will be happy middle states for the rest of us.

The problem is that virtually no one agrees with the right's position on fiscal issues.

False. Most conservatives believe in democracy at the local level.

No, you don't.

Most of us believe in being left alone. Some of us might be hung up on moral issues, but I find that far less offensive than the people insisting on throwing their "lifestyle choice" in my face and demanding to be respected solely based on that.

I'm tired of every sort of malcontent, deviant and pervert demanding validation for their behavior, and being told if I don't accept it, there's something wrong with me. My indifference to it should be sufficient.

The entire movement, at least at the ballot box, is build on moral issues.

Also, just some advice, you sorta give the game away when you talk about others being 'hung up on moral issues" then say anyone who isn't from your background is a "malcontent, deviant and pervert" for wanting equal treatment under the law.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back