Inside every liberal is a totalitarian screaming to get out

Yeah those dastardly courts intervened and legislated through the bench. Another anti-(something) point. The point is this essay doesn't back up woodies assertion, it whines about things done at the local level.

The court did not legislate from the bench regarding the soda ban. They said Bloomberg did not have the authority to unilaterally impose that regulation. It has to go through the legislative process meaning the City Council.

Yeah those dastardly courts intervened and legislated through the bench. Another anti-(something) point. The point is this essay doesn't back up woodies assertion, it whines about things done at the local level.

The court did not legislate from the bench regarding the soda ban. They said Bloomberg did not have the authority to unilaterally impose that regulation. It has to go through the legislative process meaning the City Council.

Whatever(I think the ban was wrong), the point was a whined about in the essay of the OP, it was proposed by a democratically elected Mayor. It could just as well be about trans-fats or other locally decided matters.

The OP is that strange fiction about an extinct or imaginary foe, the curious thing is those on the left side of the spectrum pine for a revival of the progressive spirit and activity and wonder what happened, while those on the right, who are obvious failures at governance, fight an imaginary foe. What an odd predicament when reality is nowhere to be found and the fox meanwhile counts his money and writers like the OP author fight imaginary foes. Don Quixote where are you? Oh yes, your name has changed, you go by Daniel Greefield now. Does the fox pay so well?

The Silent Death of the American Left » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

'Is there a Left in America today?'

There is, of course, a Left ideology, a Left of the mind, a Left of theory and critique. But is there a Left movement?"

True, but if you read the ruling closely, if it wasn't that, he would have struck it down on other grounds.

No, you don't.

Most of us believe in being left alone. Some of us might be hung up on moral issues, but I find that far less offensive than the people insisting on throwing their "lifestyle choice" in my face and demanding to be respected solely based on that.

I'm tired of every sort of malcontent, deviant and pervert demanding validation for their behavior, and being told if I don't accept it, there's something wrong with me. My indifference to it should be sufficient.

The entire movement, at least at the ballot box, is build on moral issues.

Also, just some advice, you sorta give the game away when you talk about others being 'hung up on moral issues" then say anyone who isn't from your background is a "malcontent, deviant and pervert" for wanting equal treatment under the law.

It's not just equal treatment they're seeking. They're seeking validation for their behavior that most people don't engage in. It's just that most of us don't give a shit what they do in private, but we're not excited about seeing it shoved in our faces.

Most of us believe in being left alone. Some of us might be hung up on moral issues, but I find that far less offensive than the people insisting on throwing their "lifestyle choice" in my face and demanding to be respected solely based on that.

I'm tired of every sort of malcontent, deviant and pervert demanding validation for their behavior, and being told if I don't accept it, there's something wrong with me. My indifference to it should be sufficient.

The entire movement, at least at the ballot box, is build on moral issues.

Also, just some advice, you sorta give the game away when you talk about others being 'hung up on moral issues" then say anyone who isn't from your background is a "malcontent, deviant and pervert" for wanting equal treatment under the law.

It's not just equal treatment they're seeking. They're seeking validation for their behavior that most people don't engage in. It's just that most of us don't give a shit what they do in private, but we're not excited about seeing it shoved in our faces.

That's rubbish. No one has asked you to "validate" anything. Also, you can't really claim that you "don't give a shit what they do in private" when you spend most of your time complaining about what they do in private.

Kind of a funny piece coming from the political mindset that empowers corporations and big money while crushing the little guy.

That would be the liberal mindset.

“In Washington, the view is that the banks are to be regulated, and my view is that Washington and the regulators are there to serve the banks."

Now which Democratic congressman said that? Oh wait...

Forum List

Back