Injuries Down Under

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
So, there I was - sitting in the doctor's office. I pick up a magazine, and I read ....

"If you are one of millions of Americans who prefer little or no hair “down there,” we have a public service announcement for you: Grooming your pubic hair can be surprisingly dangerous.

According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, a whopping one-quarter of Americans who groom their nethers have suffered an injury, with some even ending up in the hospital.

“We were, quite frankly, quite surprised how frequently people were presenting with injuries relating to grooming,” co-author of the study Benjamin Breyer, a urologist at the University of California, San Francisco, explained to The Guardian about what prompted the research. “Three percent of the time [adults] are coming in [to the emergency department with a genitourinary injury, it’s] with a grooming injury.”

Researchers surveyed 7,456 adults via an online survey, and of those, 5,674 — more than 70 percent (66.5 percent of men and 85.3 percent of women) — admitted to grooming their pubic hair in some “nonelectric blade, electric razor, wax, scissors, laser hair removal and/or electrolysis or other” way.

Of all the groomers, 25.6 percent had been injured during the grooming of their nether regions, with two-thirds of those reporting they had been injured more than once and a third on five or more occasions over their lifetime. Most people groom their own pubic areas, while around 4 percent rely on a professional, 9 percent get help from a partner and 0.5 percent use a (take a deep breath) friend.

Unsurprisingly, the most common type of injury reported was a laceration, followed by burns and rashes. Of the injured bunch, 79 (1.4 percent) sustained such serious injuries that they required medical attention — some even needed antibiotics, stitches, surgical incisions or drainage of an abscess. Ouch. While most injuries were the result of a razor, Beyer maintains that it’s difficult to pinpoint the most hazardous method because of the simple fact that they are “by far used the most.”

The Number of People Who Get Injured While Grooming Their Pubic Hair Will Blow Your Mind
----------------------------------------------------------

Have you been injured?

Oh, by the way .... I was there because I twisted my ankle (wink, wink!!) Honest!!! Would I lie to you?

So, there I was - sitting in the doctor's office. I pick up a magazine, and I read ....

"If you are one of millions of Americans who prefer little or no hair “down there,” we have a public service announcement for you: Grooming your pubic hair can be surprisingly dangerous.

According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, a whopping one-quarter of Americans who groom their nethers have suffered an injury, with some even ending up in the hospital.

“We were, quite frankly, quite surprised how frequently people were presenting with injuries relating to grooming,” co-author of the study Benjamin Breyer, a urologist at the University of California, San Francisco, explained to The Guardian about what prompted the research. “Three percent of the time [adults] are coming in [to the emergency department with a genitourinary injury, it’s] with a grooming injury.”

Researchers surveyed 7,456 adults via an online survey, and of those, 5,674 — more than 70 percent (66.5 percent of men and 85.3 percent of women) — admitted to grooming their pubic hair in some “nonelectric blade, electric razor, wax, scissors, laser hair removal and/or electrolysis or other” way.

Of all the groomers, 25.6 percent had been injured during the grooming of their nether regions, with two-thirds of those reporting they had been injured more than once and a third on five or more occasions over their lifetime. Most people groom their own pubic areas, while around 4 percent rely on a professional, 9 percent get help from a partner and 0.5 percent use a (take a deep breath) friend.

Unsurprisingly, the most common type of injury reported was a laceration, followed by burns and rashes. Of the injured bunch, 79 (1.4 percent) sustained such serious injuries that they required medical attention — some even needed antibiotics, stitches, surgical incisions or drainage of an abscess. Ouch. While most injuries were the result of a razor, Beyer maintains that it’s difficult to pinpoint the most hazardous method because of the simple fact that they are “by far used the most.”

The Number of People Who Get Injured While Grooming Their Pubic Hair Will Blow Your Mind
----------------------------------------------------------

Have you been injured?

Oh, by the way .... I was there because I twisted my ankle (wink, wink!!) Honest!!! Would I lie to you?
If you don't use a cheese grater to shave your nether regions you're not a man............

I'm still wondering why that particular fad became popular in the first place.

Anyone remember the 70's? Most women looked like they had pasted a Brillo pad down there.

Forum List

Back