Inhofe says he won't take part in Tulsa holiday parade until Christmas put back in

And a Blessed Winter Solstice....the Reason for the Season (being when it is)

No, because if it was the reason for the season, date would change as it does for Easter (something I've never liked, but then I didn't make the Roman calender we follow).

The fact the Roman Catholics/Calender set Christmas at the time pagans once celebrated is well known.

I don't think that de-legitimizes Christmas any more than setting it at another time of the year. I'm sure there was once a pagan day for any other date on the calender.

We should rejoice that instead of sacrificing children (as pagans once did), we now give gifts to them. THAT is because of Christ.

(and OH yes, pagans sacrificed children. I once got into a big debate with a big time pagan witch on that. She lost BIG TIME.)

Easter has to do with phases of the moon not the seasons change. The spring and winter equinox change very little on date.
the phase of the moon has nothing to do with the change of the seasons.

Easter is also a pagan holiday...as is the whole "mysterious birth/rise from the dead" story.

No, because if it was the reason for the season, date would change as it does for Easter (something I've never liked, but then I didn't make the Roman calender we follow).

The fact the Roman Catholics/Calender set Christmas at the time pagans once celebrated is well known.

I don't think that de-legitimizes Christmas any more than setting it at another time of the year. I'm sure there was once a pagan day for any other date on the calender.

We should rejoice that instead of sacrificing children (as pagans once did), we now give gifts to them. THAT is because of Christ.

(and OH yes, pagans sacrificed children. I once got into a big debate with a big time pagan witch on that. She lost BIG TIME.)

Some pagans sacrificed children....such as the Phoenicians. Some Celts sacrificed kings if things were bad. But a lot of what you hear is Christian propaganda.

Look who the muslims are killing. You gonna rail about Rhamadan? I can't wait.

Nothing says "xtianity is a peaceful religion" like "At least we don't kill the same people as those other people" :lol:

I for one am sick and tired of the 'other religions and beliefs that constantly 'war' against the christian faith, belief or whatever anyone wants to call it.

WTF is wrong with some people, let one another alone and STFU for once. Stop trying to turn the world into your pagan, evil utopias where good is bad and bad is good.

I will go out of my way to wish anyone MERRY CHRISTMAS, the Muslims in the Malls, anyone.

That's my 2¢, so there..........:tongue:

So, you use it as a verbal weapon, so to speak. Very apt.

GIVE LIBERALS LONG ENOUGH AND THEY WILL REVEAL THEIR AGENDA!

CHRISTMAS IS A WEAPON???????????????? Your words!

For you to see it as a weapon, then you admit THERE IS A WAR AGAINST IT!

You are admitting there is a war to end the use of the word CHRISTMAS and to flaunt that effort is a VERBAL WEAPON!!!!!!!!

YOU in one sentence just defeated the pretence there is no war on Christmas.

Thank you. Couldn't have done it without you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

People need to remember that Santa is the reason for the season!

Read up on the Roman Saturnalia and how the Early Christian church didn't even celebrate their Christ's birthday for 300 years.....(people didn't celebrate birthdays back then, only death days)...and how they had intense competition from several cults such as the extremely popular cults celebrating the Saturnalia....so, they co-opted the holiday.

They co-opted it to do what? Oh, that was the day/time of year, that families and communities came together to celebrate the birth of Chist. They took a party and made it their own; that is terrible. Shame on all Christians, why should they show any joy for a Savior? Why should they try to spread goodwill and cheer?

You celebrate it your way, I'll celebrate Christmas :)

Not to be picky, but I bet at least 3/4ths of how you celebrate are pagan...including the Dec 25th date.

Not to be literal, but you liberals should be glad that's the case. It's the heighth of multiculturalism.

Different cultures converting to Christianity and taking their cultural traditions with them.

Shouldn't liberals love that?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Easter has to do with phases of the moon not the seasons change. The spring and winter equinox change very little on date.
the phase of the moon has nothing to do with the change of the seasons.

Easter is also a pagan holiday...as is the whole "mysterious birth/rise from the dead" story.

Jesus was not the only one to rise from the dead back in olden days.
When Christ dies many rose from the dead and were seen waling the streets for some time. In the bible, check it out.

Dear idiot, when its governemnt money being spent you dont get top billing.

No one makes you take your merry christmas sign off yout house huh?

When you spend the peoples money or use the peoples property for clebration it does not deserve christian top billing.

GET IT!!!!!!!!

If you have a permit (that adds to the "peoples" coffers) to use 'the people's property', your free speech (freedom of expression) should not be limited to 'non-religious'. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I believe that Christmas celebrations across Christian faiths would be covered under the the right of the people peaceably to assemble.

Bah, humbug!

If you want to pay for a parade, go ahead and get a permit.

When the parade is paid for by the govt with taxpayers money, the christians don't get to decide shit about the parade

If the government is "by the people, for the people" and the majority of the people (taxpayers) are Christians, they do get a say. Nice try though.

Those of us who celebrate Festivus are tired of you Christians ramming your holiday down our throats.

festivus-7113951.jpg

If you have a permit (that adds to the "peoples" coffers) to use 'the people's property', your free speech (freedom of expression) should not be limited to 'non-religious'. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I believe that Christmas celebrations across Christian faiths would be covered under the the right of the people peaceably to assemble.

Bah, humbug!

When the parade is paid for by the govt with taxpayers money, the christians don't get to decide shit about the parade

If the government is "by the people, for the people" and the majority of the people (taxpayers) are Christians, they do get a say. Nice try though.

No they don't. Want proof?

This thread proves me right. If christians did decide, then you would not be pouting.

Perhaps they wanted the parade to be more inclusive, for the other Religions that celebrate the same time of the year. I don't see any problem with that.

"Inclusive."

AH! The buzz word of the PC crowd. "Inclusive."

Yeah, inclusive to everyone EXCEPT the crowd celebrating CHRISTMAS. They are EXCLUDED, because they aren't even allowed to NAME THE HOLIDAY.

Do you see that happening with other religions? Should we tell the Jews, they can't have a Chanukah event so it's more "inclusive" to those that dodn't celebrate Chanukah?

Or how about Rammadan. Can't call it that! It's not "inclusive" to those that don't celebrate Rammadan.

Only, ONLY Christmas must be more "inclusive?'

Funny that!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bah, humbug!

Sorry....but Constitutional rights are not decided by majority rule

I for one am sick and tired of the 'other religions and beliefs that constantly 'war' against the christian faith, belief or whatever anyone wants to call it.

WTF is wrong with some people, let one another alone and STFU for once. Stop trying to turn the world into your pagan, evil utopias where good is bad and bad is good.

I will go out of my way to wish anyone MERRY CHRISTMAS, the Muslims in the Malls, anyone.

That's my 2¢, so there..........:tongue:

I have yet to meet a Muslim, Jew or any other faith who is offended by being wished a 'Merry Christmas'. It's mainly those of no faith who want to remove Christianity from Christmas, etc. It appears that Christians frighten atheists. I find that funny.

Honestly, CA Girl, I have yet to meet a person who gets bent out of shape for being wished "Merry Christmas"....I have met MANY here and in RL who get very upset over being wished "Happy Holidays."

I didn't used to get "bent out of shape" over Happy Holidays either.

Until the PC crowd has done their best to make it MANDATORY.

Why don't we go back to the times of free expression of that "holiday" and I bet no one will get upset.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back