Inhofe says he won't take part in Tulsa holiday parade until Christmas put back in

I have yet to meet a Muslim, Jew or any other faith who is offended by being wished a 'Merry Christmas'. It's mainly those of no faith who want to remove Christianity from Christmas, etc. It appears that Christians frighten atheists. I find that funny.

Honestly, CA Girl, I have yet to meet a person who gets bent out of shape for being wished "Merry Christmas"....I have met MANY here and in RL who get very upset over being wished "Happy Holidays."

I didn't used to get "bent out of shape" over Happy Holidays either.

Until the PC crowd has done their best to make it MANDATORY.

Why don't we go back to the times of free expression of that "holiday" and I bet no one will get upset.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wingnuts can't take responsibility for their own actions, so they think they are being FORCED to say happy holiday :lol:

In wingnut world, the word "Christmas" has been banned

Why don't we go back to the times of free expression of that "holiday" and I bet no one will get upset.

I'm somehow reminded of an experiment from the 1960's. Multitudes of monkeys were given typewriters and were taught to punch the keys. Over time, a test was conducted to see if the punching remained completely random when remote attempts were made to steer the monkeys towards typing words.

No discernible pattern could be found, but of the hundreds of monkeys one randomly typed two complete paragraphs with near perfect grammar. The paragraphs didn't make much sense, and they weren't connected in any way, but they were complete and the grammar was correct.

why is it christains think only their religion should be recognized?

They don't, you loon.
They have a problem with being restrained from naming their religion, participating in open religious celebration, and being persecuted for their religion.

Honestly, CA Girl, I have yet to meet a person who gets bent out of shape for being wished "Merry Christmas"....I have met MANY here and in RL who get very upset over being wished "Happy Holidays."

Wingnuts can't take responsibility for their own actions, so they think they are being FORCED to say happy holiday :lol:

As it has, as evinced by the "holiday" event in Tulsa.

If you want to pay for a parade, go ahead and get a permit.

When the parade is paid for by the govt with taxpayers money, the christians don't get to decide shit about the parade

If the government is "by the people, for the people" and the majority of the people (taxpayers) are Christians, they do get a say. Nice try though.

Sorry....but Constitutional rights are not decided by majority rule

okay I will spell it out for you. If a community is mostly Christian, its representatives will be mostly Christian. If the town/city counsil (or whoever makes the decisions), votes to have a parade, they are acting as the representative of the people. So you see, if the Christians have enough representation, they can have a say in government. Kind of like blacks having a say in Martin Luther King Day parades (are you going to protest that birthday celebration, too????).

That's not evidence of a banning. That's evidence that Tulsa wanted to be more inclusive in celebrating the Holiday season and so they changed the fucking name. Go there, say Christmas, see if you're "banished."

yOU ASSHOLES DON'T FOOL ANYONE, YOU TRY EVERY YEAR TO SQUELCH CHRISTMAS AND YOU TRY EVERY DAY TO SQUELCH FOX NEWS. HOW'S THAT SHIT WORKING OUT FOR YA? HUH? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wingnuts can't take responsibility for their own actions, so they think they are being forced to say happy holiday :lol:

In wingnut world, the word "christmas" has been banned

as it has, as evinced by the "holiday" event in tulsa.

that's not evidence of a banning. That's evidence that tulsa wanted to be more inclusive in celebrating the holiday season and so they changed the fucking name. Go there, say christmas, see if you're "banished."

everyone can say merry christmas. No on is excluded.

I'm somehow reminded of an experiment from the 1960's. Multitudes of monkeys were given typewriters and were taught to punch the keys. Over time, a test was conducted to see if the punching remained completely random when remote attempts were made to steer the monkeys towards typing words.

No discernible pattern could be found, but of the hundreds of monkeys one randomly typed two complete paragraphs with near perfect grammar. The paragraphs didn't make much sense, and they weren't connected in any way, but they were complete and the grammar was correct.

I do not believe that is true. In an attempt to prove the "million monkeys typing for a million years would produce Shakespeare", they put keyboards into the cages with monkeys to see what they typed. They wanted to see if it was completely random or whether words randomly appeared.

What they found out was that the monkeys just shit all over the keyboards

Like I said, wingnuts actually believe that the word christmas has been banned :lol::lol::lol:

If the government is "by the people, for the people" and the majority of the people (taxpayers) are Christians, they do get a say. Nice try though.

okay I will spell it out for you. If a community is mostly Christian, its representatives will be mostly Christian. If the town/city counsil (or whoever makes the decisions), votes to have a parade, they are acting as the representative of the people. So you see, if the Christians have enough representation, they can have a say in government. Kind of like blacks having a say in Martin Luther King Day parades (are you going to protest that birthday celebration, too????).

as it has, as evinced by the "holiday" event in tulsa.

that's not evidence of a banning. That's evidence that tulsa wanted to be more inclusive in celebrating the holiday season and so they changed the fucking name. Go there, say christmas, see if you're "banished."

The town has concluded they're not Celebrating "Christmas," they're celebrating the Holiday season.........during which there's several Holidays, and so it made more sense to call it a Holiday parade.......one where "Christmas" isn't excluded.

That's not evidence of a banning. That's evidence that Tulsa wanted to be more inclusive in celebrating the Holiday season and so they changed the fucking name. Go there, say Christmas, see if you're "banished."

Christian fascists believe "banning" means "People aren't saying what I told them to say" :cuckoo:

The town has concluded they're not Celebrating "Christmas," they're celebrating the Holiday season.........during which there's several Holidays, and so it made more sense to call it a Holiday parade.......one where "Christmas" isn't excluded.

They concluded wrongly. If you atheists have to have a day to celebrate your atheisism pick another day. Christmas is Christmas.

yOU ASSHOLES DON'T FOOL ANYONE, YOU TRY EVERY YEAR TO SQUELCH CHRISTMAS AND YOU TRY EVERY DAY TO SQUELCH FOX NEWS. HOW'S THAT SHIT WORKING OUT FOR YA? HUH? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We seem to be doing a good job in Tulsa!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

why is it christains think only their religion should be recognized?

NOW YOU GET TO THE HEART OF THE MATTER.

This is how liberals think. It isn't "fair" for Christians to ENJOY Christmas because there are more of them that observe Christmas than some freaky pagan day.

Actually, this is an excellent illustration of how people like you think.....Unless you can make everyone else ONLY celebrate YOUR December holiday...you are miserable. You can't ENJOY Christmas unless you are making everyone else only celebrate Christmas...not any of the other holidays, religious and otherwise, in the November/December/January time frame. Thank you for proving my point so quickly.

And since liberals think it isn't FAIR, the only remedy is to suppress Christmas so that those NOT celebrating Christmas feel less resentful.

That's the liberal idea of fair.

Tell me TruthDoesn'tMatter. Would you go to Muslim Countries and tell them they could only call Ramadan "holiday" because it's unfair more muslims celebrate muslim holidays in those countries as not?

Where is this idea of "fair" come in? Only when it comes to Christians?

Where in the first amendment does it give us the right to religion and free expression, UNLESS more people celebrate one religion as compared to others?

I don't see a liberal clause in the first amendment for making things "fair" as defined by liberals.

YES, more Americans celebrate Christmas than do some freaky Wiccan day where they dance naked to the sun.

More Americans celebrate Christmas than Chanukah, or Rammadan, or Kwanza. What of it?

That doesn't stop anyone from celebrating their Holiday.

But just because there is a majority that celebrate Christmas doesn't mean the petty, resentful, PC crowd can suppress it.

It's Christmas, and there is a reason we celebrate it.

Just because the PC crowd doesn't like that, doesn't stop our right to celebrate it.

okay I will spell it out for you. If a community is mostly Christian and the Christians in that community sponsor and pay for a parade, they can put whatever they want in it.
If the government of Tulsa is footing the bill, they are not allowed to represent a specific religion.

You poor, poor persecuted person, you. :(

Forum List

Back