Inhofe says he won't take part in Tulsa holiday parade until Christmas put back in

I for one am sick and tired of the 'other religions and beliefs that constantly 'war' against the christian faith, belief or whatever anyone wants to call it.

WTF is wrong with some people, let one another alone and STFU for once. Stop trying to turn the world into your pagan, evil utopias where good is bad and bad is good.

I will go out of my way to wish anyone MERRY CHRISTMAS, the Muslims in the Malls, anyone.

That's my 2¢, so there..........:tongue:

So, you use it as a verbal weapon, so to speak. Very apt.

It's the christian thing to do

That's why enjoy the war against christmas so much. Nothing says "christianity is a religion of peace" like christians telling everyone else to STFU

I for one am sick and tired of the 'other religions and beliefs that constantly 'war' against the christian faith, belief or whatever anyone wants to call it.

WTF is wrong with some people, let one another alone and STFU for once. Stop trying to turn the world into your pagan, evil utopias where good is bad and bad is good.

I will go out of my way to wish anyone MERRY CHRISTMAS, the Muslims in the Malls, anyone.

I have yet to meet a Muslim, Jew or any other faith who is offended by being wished a 'Merry Christmas'. It's mainly those of no faith who want to remove Christianity from Christmas, etc. It appears that Christians frighten atheists. I find that funny.

So let's see how that works

Non-christians are wished a Merry Xmas. They have no problem with it

Christians are wished a Happy Holiday. Christians declare war.

I have yet to meet a Muslim, Jew or any other faith who is offended by being wished a 'Merry Christmas'. It's mainly those of no faith who want to remove Christianity from Christmas, etc. It appears that Christians frighten atheists. I find that funny.

Inclusiveness in a social greeting is very, very, very, very bad.

The first preemptive strike at the War on Christmas (tm)! I was wondering when the battle would get underway.

Thank you, Mr Inhofe - here's hoping you and your blessed family have a wonderful Hannukah and a happy Kwanza.

What about shouldn't you only call them "holiday?" ;)

Folks why do you insist every holiday event should be top billed as Christian?

:lol: I do not think every holiday event should be christian as you apparently believe, where do you get that idea? Christians do not celebrate Rosh Hashanah, nor do they would they insist on a veneration of Jesus or a cross next to the menorah, except for the Messianic Jews. Gimmie a break. :tongue:

I am tired of others, when Christians minding their own business,celebrating an event they believe and have faith in, are basically singled out for nothing more than pure bullshit.
One day everyone else will wake up and put a stop to ALL religious events.

Ever since the masses of immigrants FLED to America for freedom in just the past few years, THEY, and others have been trying to convert America into their beliefs and we supply the laws to screw the rest of us. The atheists believe in no god etc then keep your mouths shut, Others can be OFFENDED with YOUR believes in NO GOD.

Won't be long before the rest of the religious beliefs, symbols and Venerations are banned because some asshole is OFFENDED, offended my ass, they just are the usual rectal orifices that are procreating every hour of everyday that love to make trouble.

Dear idiot, when its governemnt money being spent you dont get top billing.

No one makes you take your merry christmas sign off yout house huh?

When you spend the peoples money or use the peoples property for clebration it does not deserve christian top billing.

GET IT!!!!!!!!

Nobody is compelled to go to a Christmas Parade or a Hanukah Parade or a Kwwaannzzaa Parade.

Yes, but other parades go by the names of their holiday. They aren't just called "holiday."

Kind of funny that the PC crowd has eshewed CHRIST MASS for the name Holiday, since the origin of Holiday is HOLY DAY.

Not as secular as the ignorant PC masses had hoped.

If the PC crowd is going to play a war with semantics, they better recognize exactly the origins of that craft.

Be that as it may, there is a NAME for this HOLY DAY. Inofe is right to abstain until that name is restored.

Last edited:
Folks why do you insist every holiday event should be top billed as Christian?

:lol: I do not think every holiday event should be christian as you apparently believe, where do you get that idea? Christians do not celebrate Rosh Hashanah, nor do they would they insist on a veneration of Jesus or a cross next to the menorah, except for the Messianic Jews. Gimmie a break. :tongue:

I am tired of others, when Christians minding their own business,celebrating an event they believe and have faith in, are basically singled out for nothing more than pure bullshit.
One day everyone else will wake up and put a stop to ALL religious events.

Ever since the masses of immigrants FLED to America for freedom in just the past few years, THEY, and others have been trying to convert America into their beliefs and we supply the laws to screw the rest of us. The atheists believe in no god etc then keep your mouths shut, Others can be OFFENDED with YOUR believes in NO GOD.

Won't be long before the rest of the religious beliefs, symbols and Venerations are banned because some asshole is OFFENDED, offended my ass, they just are the usual rectal orifices that are procreating every hour of everyday that love to make trouble.

Dear idiot, when its governemnt money being spent you dont get top billing.

No one makes you take your merry christmas sign off yout house huh?

When you spend the peoples money or use the peoples property for clebration it does not deserve christian top billing.

GET IT!!!!!!!!

It's horrible how atheists are preventing Christians from celebrating Christmas in their homes, their churches, their private property........no.......wait.....

so it would seem that O'reilly has started his annual rant about "the war on Christmas" :)

Who won the pool on that?

Or has Saint Beck taken it over this year?

I watch neither one so I am not sure who yanked the partisan parrots strings.

Nobody is compelled to go to a Christmas Parade or a Hanukah Parade or a Kwwaannzzaa Parade.

Yes, but other parades go by the names of their holiday. They aren't just called "holiday."

Kind of funny that the PC crowd has eshewed CHRIST MASS for the name Holiday, since the origin of Holiday is HOLY DAY.

Not as secular as the ignorant PC masses had hoped.

If the PC crowd is going to play a war with semantics, they better recognize exactly the origins of that craft.

Be that as it may, there is a NAME for this HOLY DAY. Inofe is right to abstain until that name is restored.

Dear idiot, all beliefs have holy days, not all beliefs have Christ mass.

Read all here:

Inhofe says he won't take part in Tulsa holiday parade | Tulsa World

Good for Inofe.

I spent a large part of my childhood living in Tulsa. They always did Christmas in a big way.

Those days seem magical remembering all of it.

For a place like Tulsa to succumb to the PC police is sad.

I support Inofe in this. "Holiday!" What holiday? It's not Arbor Day, Labor Day or Groundhogs day. There is a NAME for this Holiday.

What is so terrible about saying it? It's CHRISTMAS!

CHRIST + MASS. It's Christmas.

So...a parade is now a Mass?

That was a nice try twisting my words. Where did I suggest it was. I am giving you the orgin of the word Christmas.

There IS a name to this holiday. (BTW, the origin of holiday is HOLY DAY).

The PC crowd argues that not everyone celebrates Christmas.

Well goody! But there are a LOT of people who DO celebrate Christmas. So why can't the holiday they celebrate be named?

Do we tell people celebrating Chanukah or Ramadan, they can't name the holiday?????

Why then Christmas? Seems to me to be discrination in favor of a minority who don't celebrate Christmas.

Naming the HOLY DAY doesn't keep them from abstaining from Christmas.

Why discriminate against those who do celebrate Christmas?

The first preemptive strike at the War on Christmas (tm)! I was wondering when the battle would get underway.

Thank you, Mr Inhofe - here's hoping you and your blessed family have a wonderful Hannukah and a happy Kwanza.

And a Blessed Winter Solstice....the Reason for the Season (being when it is)

You celebrate it your way, I'll celebrate Christmas :)

They don't celebrate! What they do is spend thirty days pissing and moaning about Christmas and trying to convince Christians that Christmas isn't really Christmas. They are sad sad fuckers after all. I feel sorry for the bitter pills they swallow every day. You go Mr. Inhofe. You go.

why is it christains think only their religion should be recognized?

Who said that?

This country, I know you have heard it, is more than 70% Christian (believing, not necessarily practicing). As the country grew, employees requested Christian celebration time or Christian business owners would close to celebrate Christian occasions. Non-Christians are not ordered to "celebrate" or participate in any religious events. When that number of the population celebrates something at the same time, it does not go, unnoticed. It is not meant to "offend" anyone. It is a time of joy, a reminder that a child was born with the intent of bringing peace to mankind (His schedule, not ours).

If you go into any other religious community in the USA, you will not find Christians protesting their celebrations. In cases where the population is very large, their days have been declared "holidays" (which by the way is also a religious term = holy day).

There is not a denial of other religions at Christmas, just a celebration of the Christian holiday. It is a time for joy. If you want to be honest, that might be the reason you find fault with the "holiday"; it is not about misery.

No, because if it was the reason for the season, date would change as it does for Easter (something I've never liked, but then I didn't make the Roman calender we follow).

The fact the Roman Catholics/Calender set Christmas at the time pagans once celebrated is well known.

I don't think that de-legitimizes Christmas any more than setting it at another time of the year. I'm sure there was once a pagan day for any other date on the calender.

We should rejoice that instead of sacrificing children (as pagans once did), we now give gifts to them. THAT is because of Christ.

(and OH yes, pagans sacrificed children. I once got into a big debate with a big time pagan witch on that. She lost BIG TIME.)

why is it christains think only their religion should be recognized?

Who said that?

This country, I know you have heard it, is more than 70% Christian (believing, not necessarily practicing). As the country grew, employees requested Christian celebration time or Christian business owners would close to celebrate Christian occasions. Non-Christians are not ordered to "celebrate" or participate in any religious events. When that number of the population celebrates something at the same time, it does not go, unnoticed. It is not meant to "offend" anyone. It is a time of joy, a reminder that a child was born with the intent of bringing peace to mankind (His schedule, not ours).

If you go into any other religious community in the USA, you will not find Christians protesting their celebrations. In cases where the population is very large, their days have been declared "holidays" (which by the way is also a religious term = holy day).

There is not a denial of other religions at Christmas, just a celebration of the Christian holiday. It is a time for joy. If you want to be honest, that might be the reason you find fault with the "holiday"; it is not about misery.

If you only recognize one religions holidays, then you are indeed denying the significance of the other religions' holidays.

There is nothing special about your worship of human sacrifice. It is no more (or less bloody) and disgusting than the other religions beliefs.

Last edited:
Again you fools,

when you use the peoples money or property you dont get top billing.

You are not the only religion or belief in the US.

Are they cutting off people's heads...???

No, because if it was the reason for the season, date would change as it does for Easter (something I've never liked, but then I didn't make the Roman calender we follow).

The fact the Roman Catholics/Calender set Christmas at the time pagans once celebrated is well known.

I don't think that de-legitimizes Christmas any more than setting it at another time of the year. I'm sure there was once a pagan day for any other date on the calender.

We should rejoice that instead of sacrificing children (as pagans once did), we now give gifts to them. THAT is because of Christ.

(and OH yes, pagans sacrificed children. I once got into a big debate with a big time pagan witch on that. She lost BIG TIME.)

Wingnuts don't like it when pagans want to celebrate the sacrifice of children on the same day christians celebrate human sacrifice

Are they cutting off people's heads...???

Nothing says "Christianity is a peaceful religion" like "Our methods of killing are nicer than those other guys"

Forum List

Back