Inequality. Is it that bad?

Inequality isnt a big deal to those that dont face it. Thats why it can continue on and make the people with money believe that all their problems exist because of the poor

We all face inequality but differently. The poor grumble, the rich enjoy their privileges. You are right that politicians and their affiliated moneybags have no interest in improving regular American's situation. I believe at this point the democracy is too flawed to reverse the course of economic trends in this country.

Yeah but your inequality
Inequality isnt a big deal to those that dont face it. Thats why it can continue on and make the people with money believe that all their problems exist because of the poor

You've got that backwards. It's the left that tells the poor that it's the rich people's fault that they are in poverty.

In some cases that is true wouldnt you agree? i.e. Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Wells Fargo.

Remember Obama telling people that he was going after the rich to return the wealth to it's rightful owners? It was the left that arranged bus tours to the AIG execs homes so the people could get even angrier that some were living better than they were. Obama wants to spread the wealth around by taking from some and doling out to others.

Living better? Is that what you think the AIG shit was about? Here let me remind you:

The AIG bonus payments controversy began in March 2009, when it was publicly disclosed that the American International Group (AIG) insurance corporation was going to pay approximately $218 million in bonus payments to employees of its financial services division.

AIG is notable for having received taxpayer bailouts and in the fourth quarter of 2008 posted a loss of $61.7 billion, the greatest ever for any corporation.[1] Beyond the $165 million in bonus payments that were announced, total bonuses for the financial unit could reach $450 million and bonuses for the entire company could reach $1.2 billion.[2]

So here we have an actual case of wealth redistrubution but you believe in your head that the controversy stemmed from people living better? Hell, why explain shit when you can author your own fairytale

The left seems to think that wealth redistribution will solve everything. Problem is that they will have to continually do that so everyone has equal amounts. And the wealthy would stop creating more wealth till eventually the well would dry up

The wealthy will suddenly reject wealth? LMAO.....Uh ok

Government doesn't create wealth. Politicians love the wealthiest people and will never bite the hand that feeds them. We get a lot of lip service, then the middle class takes another hit.

:ack-1:Are you here identifying wealth redistribution? Like a "lefty"? Because it sounds like it

Why does the left claims that it's the wealthy people's fault that someone is unemployed and completely unqualified for a good job?

They dont, thats silly...its just another one of your made up translations like hating AIG because they "live better".

Did the wealthy people stop others from seeking an education? We've pour a lot of money into schools, mostly to shore up teacher's unions, but yet all that money didn't make the students want to learn or give a crap about their own future. So, why do so many not even bother? Maybe it has something to do with all the talk of entitlement and redistribution. If people are waiting till they are given something, maybe that takes away their desire and need to take steps on their own.

Rhetorical question time folks

We are all equal under the constitution, but there has never been any promise of equal outcomes. As long as the playing field is level, everyone has the same opportunities. Crony capitalism and a revolving door between Washington and Wall Street is what helped the top wealthiest people in the country. Middle class has always carried the heaviest burden, but when the low income or no income able-bodied people don't meet us halfway, we get what we have now. A struggling and shrinking middle class.

So i response to my post saying the rich blame the poor for thieir woes, your retort is "No they dont, but let me tell you hwo the poor is making it hard for you"? LOL...I couldnt pay for a better example

End crony capitalism at the top and expect more effort from those at the bottom.

Even if each person were suddenly made equal right now, it would not stay that way because some will make smarter decisions. You can't dole out common sense and self-respect. And you can't keep redistributing the wealth. Nothing will ever achieve equal outcomes. That is solely on individuals. And liberals need to stop promising people that government can elevate them because it's not possible.

Uh ok....Good job on proving me right, thanks

Inequality is a bad thing because it means most people can never really change their situation. Inequality means you don't afford an education and have no way up and out.

A really excellent is George W. Bush. If he had not been born to money, he would never have gotten the education he did, would not have had businesses and the presidency bought for him. Same with Donald Trump. Its only luck that he was born to so much wealth that he could be the incredibly poor businessman he is and still be rich.

Its very easy to say people should "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" but its rare that people can actually do that.

No it isn't, the largest barrier to the "boot strap" story is what it actually takes to climb that ladder......people do it every day ....but those that do have weighed the personal cost (mot monetarily) to do so.

The time it takes
OP- It's an un-American horror, and won't be fixed until we end incredible corporate shill/demented actor Reagan's tax rates and policies, and perhaps his BS RW propaganda machine...The New BS GOP is a catastrophe, for greedy a-holes and hater dupes only...

Strikingly intelligent , not.
Another product of Raygun's propaganda machine...Cuomo: "Reagan made blaming the poor acceptable". Poor people are lazy- has nothing to do with education, pay, family life and infrastructure etc falling apart so the richest can be pandered to...

Inequality is a bad thing because it means most people can never really change their situation. Inequality means you don't afford an education and have no way up and out.

A really excellent is George W. Bush. If he had not been born to money, he would never have gotten the education he did, would not have had businesses and the presidency bought for him. Same with Donald Trump. Its only luck that he was born to so much wealth that he could be the incredibly poor businessman he is and still be rich.

Its very easy to say people should "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" but its rare that people can actually do that.

No it isn't, the largest barrier to the "boot strap" story is what it actually takes to climb that ladder......people do it every day ....but those that do have weighed the personal cost (mot monetarily) to do so.

The time it takes
OP- It's an un-American horror, and won't be fixed until we end incredible corporate shill/demented actor Reagan's tax rates and policies, and perhaps his BS RW propaganda machine...The New BS GOP is a catastrophe, for greedy a-holes and hater dupes only...

Another product of Raygun's propaganda machine...Cuomo: "Reagan made blaming the poor acceptable". Poor people are lazy- has nothing to do with education and infrastructure etc falling apart so the richest can be pandered to...

You had 8 years of Bill and 6 of Obama, sorry your "infrastructure" straw man is silly on it's face.

The time it takes

Another product of Raygun's propaganda machine...Cuomo: "Reagan made blaming the poor acceptable". Poor people are lazy- has nothing to do with education and infrastructure etc falling apart so the richest can be pandered to...

You had 8 years of Bill and 6 of Obama, sorry your "infrastructure" straw man is silly on it's face.
All investment in infrastructure blocked by the greedy idiot GOP. duh. Heard of the Jobs/infrastructure ACT?

No one thinks that, take your head out of the kool-aid bowl

The time it takes

All investment in infrastructure blocked by the greedy idiot GOP. duh. Heard of the Jobs/infrastructure ACT?
What about all those shovel ready jobs (infrastructure) that went along with the Obama stimulus?

Sure they dont! Why just yesterday I saw all types of threads from whites about the plight of blacks. In summation it went something like: "get over it"

Even if you confiscated all the wealth of the richest Americans, it would only fund the Obama's vacation budget for 9 months.
BULLSHIT, spread by GOP hate radio to gullible SUCKERS.

Total wealth of the US, $83.7 trillion.
Top 1% share of that, 35.4% or $29.6 trillion.
Enough to pay off the entire Republican National Debt and still have enough left over for a kegger or two! :)

The time it takes

What about all those shovel ready jobs (infrastructure) that went along with the Obama stimulus?
realize you've been brainwashed within a hairsbreadth of your life, but that was only 200 billion and ran out in 2010...Scott Brown was a disaster for the country.

What is social inequality? The question wasn't about economic inequality despite that was the issue everyone addressed. It was social inequality. What does that mean to you?

Social inequality is very much intertwined with economic inequality: classes.

Sure they dont! Why just yesterday I saw all types of threads from whites about the plight of blacks. In summation it went something like: "get over it"

That doesn't support your ridiculous strawman that no one thinks in green

Inequality is good and necessary. Unless we want to live in a colorless, homogeneous, leftist society.

Inequality is good an necessary but only to some extent. I am not saying we all should be absolutely equal. Gini coefficient for the United States is too high. We've got 0.49 against 0.4 recommended. When inequality gets too high it becomes a barrier, not a stimulus.

Do you believe we should do something about social inequality? I believe it is really necessary and it is necessary right now. The question is how we get to the point when middle class will be able to control the country once again, both American economy and political system.

income-inequality-2.png

So you think government controlling the economy equates to the "middle class" controlling it? You're delusional

Government creating the laws that benefit regular Americans, not corporations and influential politicians, equates the middle class controlling the economy. Why do you think after the WWII both economy and the middle class was booming? Because you cannot build your country's economy solely for top 10%.

I think some of you liberals would be happier living in China where you could be equal and live out your lives working for the communist collective.

Lol, you don't even know what the hell you are talking about. CPC still controls China but for more than 30 years it has been a capitalist state.
Just compare GINI indexes for China and the US (2010):

China - 42.1.
The USA - 41.1.
It means our society is even more equal than Chinese one.
GINI index World Bank estimate Data Table

Do you believe we should do something about social inequality? I believe it is really necessary and it is necessary right now. The question is how we get to the point when middle class will be able to control the country once again, both American economy and political system.

income-inequality-2.png

So you think government controlling the economy equates to the "middle class" controlling it? You're delusional

Government creating the laws that benefit regular Americans, not corporations and influential politicians, equates the middle class controlling the economy. Why do you think after the WWII both economy and the middle class was booming? Because you cannot build your country's economy solely for top 10%.

So you think when politicians and bureaucrats tax, spend and regulate the economy, they create laws that "benefit regular Americans," not themselves?

:wtf:

OMG, that's so naive it's adorable.

I wish real life worked liked the fantasy land you live in. I don't want to pop your bubble, live in that happy place as long as you can. A tip though, don't take telemarketer calls. They aren't entirely truthful and apparently you have no ability to discern that

income-inequality-2.png

Do you really think those were the only variables to a vibrant middle class

Thinking you are forgetting about:

1 Europe was in ruins, no competition

2. Rosey the Riveter went back to the kitchen barefoot and pregnant till the 60s

3. No regulations like we have today, no EPA laws like we have today, no Quality control like we have today, that it cost big money to get ISO certified, people back then could start out with a grand and build up a manufacturing empire from their garage.

I know a lot of old timers that did it, thats why I always wished I was born in 1935 instead of 1965. I would be 80 now instead of 50, but I know I would have owned a few plastic factorys today because it was so easy back then

Last edited:

income-inequality-2.png

Do you really think those were the only variables to a vibrant middle class

Thinking you are forgetting about:

1 Europe was in ruins, no competition

2. Rosey the Riveter went back to the kitchen barefoot and pregnant till the 60s

3. No regulations like we have today, no EPA laws like we have today, no Quality control like we have today, that it cost big money to get ISO certified, people back then could start out with a grand and build up a manufacturing empire from their garage.

I know a lot of old timers that did it, thats why I always wished I was born in 1935 instead of 1965. I would be 80 now instead of 50, but I know I would have owned a few plastic factorys today because it was so easy back then

Was it really like back in the day back in the day?

I was born in 1963. My mother's parents were both teachers, eventually her father became Principle. My father's parents were an accountant and a nurse. My mother was a physical therapist, which would have provided a nice second income, but my father was a deadbeat so she raised three kids on her salary. We had what we needed, but we didn't have everything we wanted, that's for sure. We grew up middle class, but she must have spent every $$$ she made to keep it that way.

So we were middle class at best, screwed by life? Not exactly. My sister got a masters in biomedical research and a PhD in math and writes her own ticket overseeing research studies. She lives in the hills of Maryland and goes into work one day a week. My brother went to the Naval Academy, got his masters in statistics and now works at a university. He and his veterinarian wife have 25 acres, including horses and pastures. I double majored in math and computer science, got an MS in computer science and a Michigan MBA. I've lived in the NY, DC, Atlanta, San Francisco areas and worked across the US and Europe. I've bought 5 businesses. I merged 3 and spun two back off.

We got little hep from our parents for college. Again my father was a deadbeat and my mother couldn't afford much. The opportunity is there endlessly. This country is a better place to live and do whatever you are capable of, you can do anything. None of us ever felt disadvantaged having to make it happen on our own. The only issue I see is the entitlement mentality of whiners like Brian who expect it to be easy and handed to them. There is no excuse in the here and now of this country for anything but raging success

Forum List

Back