Indocrtination or Education?

Discussion in 'Education' started by PixieStix, Aug 19, 2009.

1. PixieStix

PixieStix Coal Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,261
    How did we find ourselves in the place where we are? People seemingly ok with more and more government control?

Indoctrination, not education is how.

David Horowitz studied the course offerings of 12 major academic institutions....from Columbia University on the East Coast to the University of Southern California on the West Coast.
    More than 150 courses were pure indoctrination. For example:

A "Whiteness Studies" guilt curriculum at the University of Colorado.

An Arizona State University sociology instructor who offers credits for participating in protests: "Give 4 hours to a social movement organization and I'll give you 200 points...."

A University of California at Santa Cruz, the course that claims President Bush lied to make the case for the Iraq war, and lied about al Qaeda attacking us on September 11, 2001 ("How did Bush and Cheney build the fiction that al Qaeda was a participant in the 9/11 attacks?" the course description asks).

FrontPage Magazine - Challenging the One-Party Classroom

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,498
    Indoctrination at our higher centers of learning as been around for decades. It's just becoming more and more prevelant and tolerated. When I went back to take some classes (in my 30s) a couple of professors tried to give me bad grades because they didn't agree with my research conclusions. These were the same profs I would challenge in class on a regular basis. With one all it took was going to the program director the other one I had to go to the dean. In both instances my grades were corrected because I was able to prove I completed each paper as required in the manor they were required.
    I wonder if the outcome would be the same today?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Which is why people are becoming less intelligent. When our schools moved away from teaching actual topics and instead stepped into the realm of parenting and teaching political viewpoints, our kids started learning much, much less about the reality of the world. Including grammar, writing, basic English, math & science.

4. PixieStix

PixieStix Coal Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,261
    No today the professor would call you ¬Ďa Fascist Bastard' in Class, and proceed to prove his tenure is more important than your academic freedoms

5. veritas

veritas OBKB

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +135

12 major academic institutions, eh? 150 courses.......oh my!!! The local community college here has over 1000 courses.

Swallowed that whole, didja?

6. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,731
    Awwwww, poor baby, everybody picks on you dear sweet CON$. You are the Perpetual Victims of the world. :eusa_boohoo:

7. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,413
    We have more Conservatives than ever before. Really hard to determine if that is a cause or result.

8. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,673
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

9. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Horowitz, the former Trotskyist, should know all about indoctrination. He'll get sliced up as usual.

10. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Generations of indoctrination have finally produced fully malleable nitwits unable to think for themselves and unaware of the traditions of America. The parent are little better , burdened with shopping desires and taxes to pay, they left the raising of the children to school and television.
    Grown the children bough what the progressive media partners packages .Obama hope and change.
    Their is no way to reeducate these morons they must be sold the idea of personal responiablity liberty and freedom
    a harder sell than free stuff from the government.
    There is no real time to mount a product campaign the damage has been done
    the future is "Chains yous can believe in."

The General Education Board (GEB), established by John D. Rockefeller, Sr., was chartered in 1902. And in Raymond Fosdick's memorial history of the Board, he indicated it was part of John D. Rockefeller, Jr.'s effort toward the "goal of social control." The GEB was established the year after SOCIAL CONTROL (1901) was written by Edward Alsworth Ross (Father of American Sociology), and in this book, Ross revealed that social checks and stimuli "are managed by a rather small knot of persons...the Elite....Judgment may be moulded as well as the will and the feelings."

The word, "moulded," is instructive because in THE WORLD'S WORK (August 1912), one reads "The Country School of Tomorrow" by GEB chairman Frederick Gates, declaring: "In our dreams, we have limitless resources, and the people yield themselves with perfect docility to our molding hands." Not only was the GEB to be used for social control, but the Rockefeller Foundation as well.

Dr. Dennis Cuddy -- Mental Health, Education and Social Control, Part 2

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009