Individual Mandate Ruled Illegal

Lies bother me. But Democrats saying things are lies doesn't make them lies.

Possibly true but Trump saying things make them lies.
So, if Trump says the sun comes up in the east, that makes it a lie?

If Trump said it, I most certainly would want to verify it.
As you should, when a politician says anything.

Yes, even Democrats. Shocking, I know.

Largely true.......see, I do not defend it or try and justify it.
Good.

Ok, now what? If Obamacare is ruled unconstitutional and killed, what do we do for good healthcare insurance?

ObamaCare was not ruled unconstitutional, just the forcing of people to buy insurance.

All of the thousands of hospital killing rules and regulations are still there since the Repubs do not care to repeal it.

Hospital killing rules? Hospitals are doing very well.

Special Report: Despite regulation, hospital profits up

Yep, big conglomerate hospitals are doing great...smaller ones and rural ones are going out of business.

Obamacare Is Killing Rural Hospitals and Their Patients | The American Spectator | Politics Is Too Important To Be Taken Seriously.

The hospital my wife worked at till this past spring had to give up their Independence and become an "affiliate" of a larger conglomerate hospital company. The changes were swift and not good for the patients nor the nurses.

That's always the last argument of a Trumptard when they finally admit Trump doesn't have the replacement he promised them.

"It was better before Obamacare, we don't need a replacement, just a repeal."

Horseshit.

It's amazing just how submissive these hoaxed cucks are! I'm embarrassed for them. Not kidding.

That's not the last argument of an opponent of Obamacare, it's the only argument. Get the government out of my healthcare.

Ok, now what? If Obamacare is ruled unconstitutional and killed, what do we do for good healthcare insurance?

ObamaCare was not ruled unconstitutional, just the forcing of people to buy insurance.

All of the thousands of hospital killing rules and regulations are still there since the Repubs do not care to repeal it.

Hospital killing rules? Hospitals are doing very well.

Special Report: Despite regulation, hospital profits up

Yep, big conglomerate hospitals are doing great...smaller ones and rural ones are going out of business.

Obamacare Is Killing Rural Hospitals and Their Patients | The American Spectator | Politics Is Too Important To Be Taken Seriously.

The hospital my wife worked at till this past spring had to give up their Independence and become an "affiliate" of a larger conglomerate hospital company. The changes were swift and not good for the patients nor the nurses.

Obamacare and Dodd/Frank were both huge factors in increasing the problem of "too big to fail".

I'll not argue against that.

Being forced to buy a product you don’t want.
Leftardism in full glory.

A federal appeals court ruled Wednesday the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate runs afoul of the Constitution now that it is no longer a tax.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, in a 2-1 decision, remanded the case back to the lower court to evaluate whether other parts of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, can still stand.

“There is no other constitutional provision that justifies this exercise of congressional power,” wrote Judge Jennifer Elrod, a Bush appointee. . . .

After facing a number of legal battles, the Supreme Court upheld the individual mandate in 2012, saying it was a tax under the Constitution’s taxing powers.

But in 2017, as part of the Republican majority’s tax overhaul bill, the penalty for failing to purchase healthcare coverage was changed to zero — leading to the current legal battle over whether the individual mandate can still legally stand as a tax.

Obamacare individual mandate ruled illegal

I doesn't matter. Republicans are going to repeal Obamacare anyway. Right?

"A panel on the conservative-leaning U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals sent the lawsuit back to a district court in Texas to reassess how much of the Affordable Care Act can stand if the individual mandate must fall."

Individual mandate is unconstitutional, federal appellate court rules in Texas-led Affordable Care Act lawsuit

Once more into the breach....

Didn't the Republicans repeal ACA?

They never planned to. I'm not a Republican.

"A panel on the conservative-leaning U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals sent the lawsuit back to a district court in Texas to reassess how much of the Affordable Care Act can stand if the individual mandate must fall."

Individual mandate is unconstitutional, federal appellate court rules in Texas-led Affordable Care Act lawsuit

What are they going to repeal it with? It will never go back to the way it was. The Texas court will decide without the mandate if it's law any longer. It will be months before anything is decided.

What are they going to repeal it with? It will never go back to the way it was. The Texas court will decide without the mandate if it's law any longer. It will be months before anything is decided.

I don't think Roberts will take it up again.

I'm sure scotus is about as sick of it as I am. This has been the biggest hassle of my career.

What are they going to repeal it with?
With? What do you mean?

In any case, I was just mocking Trumpsters' empty promises to repeal ACA. You're right. It will never go back to the way it was. Government never lets go of power once it's latched on.

Years and years of massive sabotage by the GOP, who once predicted it would just fail on its own with no sabotage needed, and the ACA remains

Years and years of massive sabotage by the GOP, who once predicted it would just fail on its own with no sabotage needed, and the ACA remains

EveryoneLaughingAtYou.png

Forum List

Back