Indiana House passes "religious freedom" bill

If it was a regular wedding cake, you would be correct. But they wanted a gay wedding cake, with two little female pervert figurines perched on top of it. Something they didn't even have in stock and would have to special order.
If they don't stock them, they don't have to sell them. They do stock what's needed to make cakes I assume, yes or no?
Think about this. That couple that owned the bakery lost their business simply because someone got offended when they decided not to compromise their religious principles. They could have gone to another bakery. There are plenty of them in the area. I know. I checked. Now, if someone is not free to run a business without compromising their religious beliefs, is anything sacred? Which freedom will they go after next? Think about it.
I have thought about. Bake the stupid cake. Baking cakes is not serving God.

Do as you are ordered!
Regulated capitalism baby, love it or serve God. Pick one...

No need to pick. Render unto Cesar, and all of that stuff.

It's kind of senseless to say this, because if you don't get it by now, nothing I can say will get through to you. They weren't asking for them to condone the wedding.......They just wanted the cake shop to make a damn cake. It's not that complicated.
If it was a regular wedding cake, you would be correct. But they wanted a gay wedding cake, with two little female pervert figurines perched on top of it. Something they didn't even have in stock and would have to special order.

Oh my.....A cake shop having to order little figures for the top of a wedding cake.......I'll bet they don't have to do that but about a million times a year.
You just don't get it. That couple was asked to do something that they believe was wrong. It doesn't matter if you agree with them, or not. They did what they thought was right and were punished for it. But then, people like you probably think it's ok because it happened to some Bible thumpers. Just remember. If they can do something like this to Christians, they can do it to anyone.
A business is not a church. Now you know.
A business owner is a person, and people have rights. Do you think it's right to force someone to do something that they believe is wrong?
In this case, yep. Society's morals versus the individual's. One of them has to give and we have good reason for saying if you sell to one then you sell to all. If you don't like it then make your living sweeping the church floors. Here man's rules are in force, not God's, like it or not.

It's kind of senseless to say this, because if you don't get it by now, nothing I can say will get through to you. They weren't asking for them to condone the wedding.......They just wanted the cake shop to make a damn cake. It's not that complicated.

Oh my.....A cake shop having to order little figures for the top of a wedding cake.......I'll bet they don't have to do that but about a million times a year.
You just don't get it. That couple was asked to do something that they believe was wrong. It doesn't matter if you agree with them, or not. They did what they thought was right and were punished for it. But then, people like you probably think it's ok because it happened to some Bible thumpers. Just remember. If they can do something like this to Christians, they can do it to anyone.
A business owner is a person, and people have rights. Do you think it's right to force someone to do something that they believe is wrong?

Doesn't matter what law you choose, somebody believes it's wrong.

If they don't stock them, they don't have to sell them. They do stock what's needed to make cakes I assume, yes or no?
Think about this. That couple that owned the bakery lost their business simply because someone got offended when they decided not to compromise their religious principles. They could have gone to another bakery. There are plenty of them in the area. I know. I checked. Now, if someone is not free to run a business without compromising their religious beliefs, is anything sacred? Which freedom will they go after next? Think about it.

Do as you are ordered!

Oh... shoot. I forgot. Fuck you, troll.
You can reject reality all day long, but it doesn't go away.

Do as you are ordered!

Seriously. I apologize. As a matter of courtesy and etiquette, I must repeat - fuck you, troll.

In this case, yep. Society's morals versus the individual's. One of them has ti give and we have good reason for saying if you sell to one, then you sell to all. If you don't like it then make your living sweeping the church floors. Here man's rules are in force, not God's, like it or not.
You do realize the the owners did business with those perverts on previous occasions, right? They had no problem doing business with them. What they had a problem with was what they were asked to bake. So this is not a civil rights issue. As much as you would like it to be.

In this case, yep. Society's morals versus the individual's. One of them has ti give and we have good reason for saying if you sell to one, then you sell to all. If you don't like it then make your living sweeping the church floors. Here man's rules are in force, not God's, like it or not.
You do realize the the owners did business with those perverts on previous occasions, right? They had no problem doing business with them. What they had a problem with was what they were asked to bake. So this is not a civil rights issue. As much as you would like it to be.
If you bake cakes for a living, that's what you do. You aren't serving God by that and what the client does with said cake is none of your damn business. We set the rules. If you don't like them, appeal to God.

Do as you are ordered!

Seriously. I apologize. As a matter of courtesy and etiquette, I must repeat - fuck you, troll.
Yes, we can all see that you are an infant. Carry on.

I can't see your picture. I assume is something lame.
A hero of yours, I bet...

You haven't been right about anything yet. So I doubt you're right this time.
Picking what you'd approve of is like shooting sharks, in a shot glass. My ten-year-old niece is more sophisticated.

I bet she is smarter than you too.
Not yet, but she's got you beat by 50 points.

Your concession is duly noted.

You do realize you're conflating cases. It was a florist that did business with two gay men until they went to order flowers for their wedding. She lost her case too, just like the baker.

Indiana is a shit hole.

I can't name one interesting thing that state has to offer except the Indy 500, and the Colts.

This bill should be called the "freedom to be a filthy ignorant bible thumping bigot" act

I'll add Indiana to the list of states I'll pray secede from the union.
You are from California...the armpit of America.
You wish you white trash fool.

California has always been the nation's leader in anything good that happens. The hillbilly paradise you probably subsist in has been draining tax dollars from the leader states like New York and California since the end of WWII.

If you're enough if a social outcast and retarded enough to be a white power low life, I'm probably wasting my breat and overestimating your intellect. I know it's easier to feel less stupid when you isolate your own dumb ass with people as inferior as you are, and that's good because people like you are an embarrassment to white people, and Americans don't need you around.

Can't you move to Canada? or Alaska? or somewhere you don't make normal white people look bad?

Indiana is a shit hole.

I can't name one interesting thing that state has to offer except the Indy 500, and the Colts.

This bill should be called the "freedom to be a filthy ignorant bible thumping bigot" act

California has always been the nation's leader in anything good that happens. The hillbilly paradise you probably subsist in has been draining tax dollars from the leader states like New York and California since the end of WWII.

If you're enough if a social outcast and retarded enough to be a white power low life, I'm probably wasting my breat and overestimating your intellect. I know it's easier to feel less stupid when you isolate your own dumb ass with people as inferior as you are, and that's good because people like you are an embarrassment to white people, and Americans don't need you around.

Can't you move to Canada? or Alaska? or somewhere you don't make normal white people look bad?
Lol...^ mad douche....Lol...NOTHING that comes from Marxistfornia is "normal" you are a prime example! :D

What religion is it exactly that considers homosexuality such an extraordinary sin, compared to all of the other sins out there,

that it demands that a follower of that religion disassociate himself from gays in every way possible?

What religion can honestly claim such a belief?

The old joke in Indiana is don't go to downtown Indy on two occasions, Gen Con and Black Expo. Nothing good can come of either LOL

The Huffington Post
By Jenny Che
03/30/2015
Here Are 10 Major Companies Protesting States' New Anti-Gay

Apple - of course, but...
...but Walmart, Angies List, Eli Lilly, Anthem, etc. - OMG - Republicans fucked this one up baaaad!

Looks like the social/culture war Republicans have been waging is/was just to keep the bigots toeing line so the monied interests can...
We've always known that but now-----now even Rpublicans are starting to wake up.

How's that bigotry thingy working out for y'all Indianans?

Chuck Bruffey · Top Commenter

If it is any consolation to the LGBT community, Indiana Christians also hate people under 30, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, immigrants, puppies, kittens, New Zealand and fish. So just consider yourself in very good company!

My home state doing it right, well done Indiana, well done

Indiana House passes "religious freedom" bill 63-31

INDIANAPOLIS -The debate over the Religious Freedom Restoration Act is now over. The Indiana House of Representatives overwhelmingly endorsed the bill in a 63-31 vote Monday afternoon.

It now goes back to the Senate to make sure everybody agrees with some changes. Then it heads to the governor's desk for his signature.

Governor Mike Pence says he is looking forward to signing the bill into law, but not everyone is happy about that.

Indiana House passes religious freedom bill 63-31 - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

If you're wondering why Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson (a relative of mine BTW) capitulated so fast on his State's "Religious Freedom Bill"... welllll... it could be that Walmart is the Republican Governor's largest contributor.

I wonder which monied interest got in Pence's face and forced him to change his stance on Indiana's Freedom to Discriminate bill?

The old joke in Indiana is don't go to downtown Indy on two occasions, Gen Con and Black Expo. Nothing good can come of either LOL

The Huffington Post
By Jenny Che
03/30/2015
Here Are 10 Major Companies Protesting States' New Anti-Gay

Apple - of course, but...
...but Walmart, Angies List, Eli Lilly, Anthem, etc. - OMG - Republicans fucked this one up baaaad!

Looks like the social/culture war Republicans have been waging is/was just to keep the bigots toeing line so the monied interests can...
We've always known that but now-----now even Rpublicans are starting to wake up.

How's that bigotry thingy working out for y'all Indianans?

Chuck Bruffey · Top Commenter

If it is any consolation to the LGBT community, Indiana Christians also hate people under 30, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, immigrants, puppies, kittens, New Zealand and fish. So just consider yourself in very good company!

Lies and more lies.....and I'm sure all the people of Saudi Arabia will be listening to their Ipods as they watch the gays being beheaded....and the chinese slave labor making wal mart clothes will support their decision on gays....

You lefties.....if you weren't so fucking dangerous you would be funny...............

And to the gays......you are useful to the democrats now....but if you think that the party that wants government to control healthcare is going to let you have sex and get aids and not have a say in that.....since you will be on their dime with government healthcare.......you are just kidding yourselves.........

What religion is it exactly that considers homosexuality such an extraordinary sin, compared to all of the other sins out there,

that it demands that a follower of that religion disassociate himself from gays in every way possible?

What religion can honestly claim such a belief?

Please.....try to be truthful.....the businesses in question had gay employees....had provided cakes, and flowers and photos for gays for years...without complaint or problem....were freindly and on good terms with the gays......and then for one item....one wedding cake, one flower arrangement, one set of photos, they politely declined the business and recommended other places that would do a better job for that event.............but they would happily continue their long history of providing those items for every other event, for every other day of the year...for gays......

How the fuck is that disassociating themselves from gays in every way possible.....?

I know truth, and reality and honesty are foreign concepts to the left.....but please try........

Indiana is a shit hole.

Lol...^ mad douche....Lol...NOTHING that comes from Marxistfornia is "normal" you are a prime example! :D
What do you know, you're out there all by yourself, hating all kinds of people thousands of miles away. Do you know how much time people in California spend hating people in the fly-over states?....nada...because we don't care about nothing out in the middle of nowhere

Forum List

Back