Indiana House passes "religious freedom" bill

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
My home state doing it right, well done Indiana, well done

Indiana House passes "religious freedom" bill 63-31

INDIANAPOLIS -The debate over the Religious Freedom Restoration Act is now over. The Indiana House of Representatives overwhelmingly endorsed the bill in a 63-31 vote Monday afternoon.

It now goes back to the Senate to make sure everybody agrees with some changes. Then it heads to the governor's desk for his signature.

Governor Mike Pence says he is looking forward to signing the bill into law, but not everyone is happy about that.

Indiana House passes religious freedom bill 63-31 - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

From the OP's link:

Religious freedom restoration. Prohibits a governmental entity from substantially burdening a person's exercise of religion, even if the burden results from a rule of general applicability, unless the governmental entity can demonstrate that the burden: (1) is in furtherance of a compelling governmental interest; and (2) is the least restrictive means of furthering the compelling governmental interest. Provides a procedure for remedying a violation. Specifies that the religious freedom law applies to the implementation or application of a law regardless of whether the state or any other governmental entity or official is a party to a proceeding implementing or applyingthe law. Prohibits an applicant, employee, or former employee from pursuing certain causes of action against a private employer.

It's sad this bill is even needed, if a Christian wants no part of the perversion then leave them alone

Done deal...well done

Governor Mike Pence issued a statement Monday saying, "The legislation SB 101 is about respecting and reassuring Hoosiers that their religious freedoms are intact. I strongly support the legislation and applaud the members of the General Assembly for their work on this important issue. I look forward to signing the bill when it reaches my desk."

Funny how they name these laws the opposite of what they really are.

This is unconstitutional and makes discrimination legal.

INDIANAPOLIS -The debate over the Religious Freedom Restoration Act is now over. The Indiana House of Representatives overwhelmingly endorsed the bill in a 63-31 vote Monday afternoon.

It now goes back to the Senate to make sure everybody agrees with some changes. Then it heads to the governor's desk for his signature.

Governor Mike Pence says he is looking forward to signing the bill into law, but not everyone is happy about that.

Bummer. Gonna suck when it's struck down as unconstitutional.

Where does the constitution force a person to bake a cake they don't want to bake? Isn't that involuntary servitude?

It's sad this bill is even needed, if a Christian wants no part of the perversion then leave them alone
Amendment to the bill...anyone wishing to exercise their religion in refusing to serve certain groups should post a sign prominently at their business saying so....at the doors, behind the counter...in employee lunch rooms, etc.

Doubtful, but keep hoping poofter. Also, for you homos? Don't like it don't go to Indiana, I doubt they are concerned about such a small minority and it's REALLY time for you all to understand how small you really are

Where does the constitution force a person to bake a cake they don't want to bake? Isn't that involuntary servitude?

It's the Equal Accomodation laws. You know, those things you can't stand but I swore to uphold.

It's the Equal Accomodation laws. You know, those things you can't stand but I swore to uphold.

Should have never targeted Christians...now you have the blow back, stupid people

It's a shame that states have to pass laws that ensure freedom of religion after decades of democrat administrations eroded the 1st Amendment. The modern perverted version of "separation of church and state" that has no basis in the Constitution was written by a former KKK member appointed to the supreme court by FDR.

It's the Equal Accommodation laws. You know, those things you can't stand but I swore to uphold.

Laws aren't constitutional rights. and as these laws get used to persecute people's religious beliefs, they will be changes, as is happening now.

You idiots stretched "public accommodation" from things like hotels, and grocery stores, and gas stations to mean "any business" and now you are reaping the results.

Should have never targeted Christians...now you have the blow back, stupid people

Oh we haven't begun to target Christians yet. You just wait. Gonna make you guys afraid to tell people beyond your own congregations you're religious.

Indiana is a shit hole.

I can't name one interesting thing that state has to offer except the Indy 500, and the Colts.

This bill should be called the "freedom to be a filthy ignorant bible thumping bigot" act

I'll add Indiana to the list of states I'll pray secede from the union.

Oh we haven't begun to target Christians yet. You just wait. Gonna make you guys afraid to tell people beyond your own congregations you're religious.

You're outnumbered and would be wise to remember that, we're sick of your whiny ass BS

I would tell you to go fuck yourself with a tire iron, but you would probably enjoy it.

Fucking Fascist. The biggest assholes in the world today are stuffy, prick atheists.

Forum List

Back