In the "swing" state of PA, Clinton leads Trump by 9% in new poll

I can 'design' a poll today that 'proves' that 90% of 'those polled' believe that eating dog shit every day will let you live forever.
I don't believe any polls.
With the invention of cellphones traditional polling models are already obsolete.
By the next midterms there will literally be no professional traditional polling businesses left.
Decades ago as a teenager I made pocket money doing telephone surveys.
I was handed the local phone book and told to phone every thirtieth phone number and ask if they would agree to do a phone survey.
Ninety nine percent would agree believing that their 'opinion' was important.
It was, looking back, amazing how willingly strangers gave up their sometimes most private information.
Those days are long gone.

Bad news for the Putin/Trump ticket, as a new Suffolk University poll finds Hillary Clinton ahead of Donald Trump by a 9% margin.

Other States - Suffolk University

It is July and a few months between now and the election, so Polls are meaningless for now... Let look at them in October and if she is in double digit lead then I will declare Trump will only win Red States and even then he might lose Texas...
Polls are not meaningless -- they tell us what the trends are.

Trending up vs trending down is a significant key indicator.

First, PA is in no way a "swing" state. It swung neither in 2000 nor 2004, thus making George W. Bush the only Republican President in history to have won the WH without either the Keystone state of the Land of Lincoln.

PA can, however, be classified as a "battleground" state, depending on the polling aggregates.

Thanks to a number of shitty RW polls in 2012, PA sometimes looked like a battleground, but Obama won it with a+5.4 margin, which is just outside of the battleground zone. He won the state by +10.32 in 2008. Bill Clinton won the state by slightly over +9 both time, in 1992 and 1996. It was only a real battleground in 2000 and 2004. It won't be this time....
PA is currently one of the dozen swing states.

First, PA is in no way a "swing" state. It swung neither in 2000 nor 2004, thus making George W. Bush the only Republican President in history to have won the WH without either the Keystone state of the Land of Lincoln.

PA can, however, be classified as a "battleground" state, depending on the polling aggregates.

Thanks to a number of shitty RW polls in 2012, PA sometimes looked like a battleground, but Obama won it with a+5.4 margin, which is just outside of the battleground zone. He won the state by +10.32 in 2008. Bill Clinton won the state by slightly over +9 both time, in 1992 and 1996. It was only a real battleground in 2000 and 2004. It won't be this time....
PA is currently one of the dozen swing states.

NO.

PA is currently one of maybe 14 potential BATTLEGROUND states. It last "swung" in 1992, 24 years ago..l. Ohio, North Carolina, Iowa and Florida are SWING states. Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin are not.

1988 was the last time a Republican presidential candidate won Pa. The fact it was close at any time during the campaign season is ominous.
PA was close at times in 2012. Stop pretending.

Relatively close, yes, but at no time was Romney ahead in the aggregate, ever.

And on a side note, PA was the only battleground from 2012 that Rasmussen actually nailed. In it's end poll, it predicted Obama +5 and he won by +5.4. Considering RAS's particularly shitty track record in end-polling from 2012, this is almost a miracle.

Last edited:
Bad news for the Putin/Trump ticket, as a new Suffolk University poll finds Hillary Clinton ahead of Donald Trump by a 9% margin.

Other States - Suffolk University

It is July and a few months between now and the election, so Polls are meaningless for now... Let look at them in October and if she is in double digit lead then I will declare Trump will only win Red States and even then he might lose Texas...
Is too early, unless it's the LA times traking poll, which is worth writing enthusiastic threads about.

You have a bad habit of cherry picking polls. In fact you're pretty much useless due to that

Actually, this pollster is interesting because it tends to deflate numbers for DEMS.
It was Suffolk that already declared FL, NC and VA for Romney at the beginning of October, 2012 and then had massive egg on it's face when Obama won two of those three and Romney just barely dragged NC back over the line.

You see, knowing electoral history is also important.

And finally, go fuck yourself, you ****.
Records show that you lied about Suffolk conducting any polls in Florida in October 2012. 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama | RealClearPolitics

Can you prove that Suffolk conducted such poll?

No, I did not lie. Daniel Paleologos went on FOX TV on October 10th, 2012 and claimed there would be no more polling for those three states, that he is "already painting them red".

It was also reported here on the same day:

Suffolk polling center puts Florida, Virginia and North Carolina safely in Mitt Romney’s column

"The Suffolk University Political Research Center has determined Mitt Romney is a lock to win the battleground states of Florida, Virginia and North Carolina and will not conduct additional polls there during the final four weeks of the presidential election."

So, my sentence was absolutely correct and I did not lie.

Shame on you for accusing me of such.

Forum List

Back