In The Heart of The Sea

Sgt_Gath

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2014
In the Heart of the Sea

I'm sorry but... Wow. This was freaking lame.

I know Hollywood has a penchant for trying to spice up plots that are "based on a true story," but this was just laughable. "OHHH MYYY GOOODDD!! THE WHALE IS FOLLOWING US IN OUR LIFE BOATS!! IT WANTS REVENGE!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!"

I mean... Really guys? Really?

The only interesting parts of this movie were in the first half hour, just plain because they dealt with the realities of life as an early 19th Century whaler in a way I hadn't seen before. It'd actually never occurred to me, for example, that someone would literally have to bore a hole into the head of dead a whale, and crawl around inside of it with a bucket and lantern scooping up bodily fluids.

Everything else was botched, and boring.

Hell! They even managed to screw up what really should have been the best scene in the movie. In the real story, the whale accelerated up to full speed, and rammed the whaling ship hard enough to crush most of the bow. Here, it just kind of repeatedly pushes into the side of the ship, and breaks a hole in the hull that way.

Why on Earth would they change something like that, when the original story was better?

Either way: 5.5 out of 10.

I'd be on the whale's side if I was involved with that, like how owen williams was on the side of the evil tour guide in Anaconda.

Agree! I think this movie is kinda dissappointing. I expected more from Ron Hovard. His Beatiful mind, The rush, Apollo 13 are good enough.

Forum List

Back