In Regards To DACA, what Should Be The Priority?

What takes precedence?

• Total voters
It is possible to walk and chew gum... Trump could have proposed an immigration reform plan to protect the dreamers, which is the moral and right thing to do, while also rescinding the EO to make the constitutional point. Or he could have let the EO get shut down by the courts and set a precedent on its constitutionality. This move was super careless, sloppy and divisive.

Quite the contrary, his move managed to unite Congressional Republicans and Democrats, both sides are falling all over themselves to get legislation going now.

They've only had FIVE YEARS to act on legislation but now it's an emergency that they care so much about? The DACA folks should be pissed off at Congress not Trump, Trump did the right thing for a change.
ohh, great tactic, threaten 750,000 people with deportation to motivate congress. Maybe he should threaten to seize Americans assets to pay off the debt as a tactic to motivate congress to get Tax reform done! :cuckoo:

Dear Cardinal Richelieu,

Apparently the Constitution and the Rule of Law aren't your cup of tea.

Perhaps someday the absolutist Presidency you're looking for will emerge but today isn't that day.

"They define a republic to be a government of laws, and not of men." -- John Adams
If all we did was follow the rule of law and not push to evolve our laws with the changes and advancements of our society then we would still have slavery and segregated schools.
Gang bangers, identity theft, approving of street drugs sales and all the other shit is not "advancements" in any decent society.
Agreed. What is your point?

It is possible to walk and chew gum... Trump could have proposed an immigration reform plan to protect the dreamers, which is the moral and right thing to do, while also rescinding the EO to make the constitutional point. Or he could have let the EO get shut down by the courts and set a precedent on its constitutionality. This move was super careless, sloppy and divisive.

Quite the contrary, his move managed to unite Congressional Republicans and Democrats, both sides are falling all over themselves to get legislation going now.

They've only had FIVE YEARS to act on legislation but now it's an emergency that they care so much about? The DACA folks should be pissed off at Congress not Trump, Trump did the right thing for a change.
ohh, great tactic, threaten 750,000 people with deportation to motivate congress. Maybe he should threaten to seize Americans assets to pay off the debt as a tactic to motivate congress to get Tax reform done! :cuckoo:

Dear Cardinal Richelieu,

Perhaps someday the absolutist Presidency you're looking for will emerge but today isn't that day.

"They define a republic to be a government of laws, and not of men." -- John Adams
If all we did was follow the rule of law and not push to evolve our laws with the changes and advancements of our society then we would still have slavery and segregated schools.
Trump did challenge congress to pass a law changing the status of the dreamers, which probably was going to be changed to illegal and subject to deportation by the courts.
It is the right move to push congress to take care of this issue via legislation, the EO wasn't going to last. I don't think scaring the shit out of 750,000 people by threatening deportation is a smart tactic to use. This move should have been handled much better

Last edited:
ohh, great tactic, threaten 750,000 people with deportation to motivate congress.

So you consider following the law to be a tactic? And you consider yourself to be an anti-fascist? :banana2:
I didn't say that following the law was a tactic? Did you not understand what I wrote? Try reading slower

Having you own words read back to you is a bitch, ain't it? The LAW already authorizes deportation of these people, but you consider its enforcement to be a "tactic"? What is it I don't "understand" about your post? That the media will portray Trump as a racist no matter what he says or does? We already know that.

ohh, great tactic, threaten 750,000 people with deportation to motivate congress.

So you consider following the law to be a tactic? And you consider yourself to be an anti-fascist? :banana2:
I didn't say that following the law was a tactic? Did you not understand what I wrote? Try reading slower

Having you own words read back to you is a bitch, ain't it? The LAW already authorizes deportation of these people, but you consider its enforcement to be a "tactic"? What is it I don't "understand" about your post? That the media will portray Trump as a racist no matter what he says or does? We already know that.
You didn't read my words back to me, you made up your own words and claimed that I said them. There is a big difference. Lets have an honest conversation or no conversation at all. ok?

Priority #1 - stop giving money to shitheads.

Priority #2 - deport any of the shitheads that Obama illegally allowed to come into this country or stay in this country under the program.

Priority #2 - deport any of the shitheads that Obama illegally allowed to come into this country or stay in this country under the program.
Why do you have a confederate flag waiving in your footer. What point are you trying to make?

You didn't read my words back to me, you made up your own words and claimed that I said them. There is a big difference. Lets have an honest conversation or no conversation at all. ok?

You are correct that I didn't literally "read" your words back to you; I merely quoted them. As to having an honest conversation, what would YOU have advised the President to do? Continue to abide by an Executive Order that has been ruled Unconstitutional?

Dear Cardinal Richelieu,

Trump did challenge congress to pass a law changing the status of the dreamers, which probably was going to be changed to illegal and subject to deportation by the courts.
It is the right move to push congress to take care of this issue via legislation, the EO wasn't going to last. I don't think scaring the shit out of 750,000 people by threatening deportation is a smart tactic to use. This move should have been handle much better
I think the Dreamers are going to be scared. Trump has little option to say unless congress gives them legal status, he'll refer them to the DOJ for deporation like everyone else here illegally

You are correct that I didn't literally "read" your words back to you; I merely quoted them. As to having an honest conversation, what would YOU have advised the President to do? Continue to abide by an Executive Order that has been ruled Unconstitutional?
I already stated what I think he should have done. Proposed a clear immigration plan showing his support and intent to protect the "Dreamers" then challenge the Congress to legislate a bill. If he did that then he could go after the EO from a constitutionality standpoint or let the courts shut it down without all the confusion. The way he did it leaves 750,000 people fearing for their future. Its extremely careless and is only going to multiply the problems and feed division.

Dear Cardinal Richelieu,

It is the right move to push congress to take care of this issue via legislation, the EO wasn't going to last. I don't think scaring the shit out of 750,000 people by threatening deportation is a smart tactic to use. This move should have been handle much better
I think the Dreamers are going to be scared. Trump has little option to say unless congress gives them legal status, he'll refer them to the DOJ for deporation like everyone else here illegally
Agree'd and he will receive tremendous backlash for it making the division in this country all that much more polarized.

I already stated what I think he should have done. Proposed a clear immigration plan showing his support and intent to protect the "Dreamers" then challenge the Congress to legislate a bill. If he did that then he could go after the EO from a constitutionality standpoint or let the courts shut it down without all the confusion. The way he did it leaves 750,000 people fearing for their future. Its extremely careless and is only going to multiply the problems and feed division.

Any plan Trump might put forward (other than unconditional amnesty) would instantly be torn to pieces by the DemPress as inherently racist. What is so wrong with following the Constitutional provision that legislation originates in Congress?

Why do you have a confederate flag waiving in your footer. What point are you trying to make?

I am not surprised that a Moon Bat wouldn't understand that we need to undo that illegal stupid program that Obama did in order to bring in and allow to stay almost a million Brown potential Democrat voting welfare queen shitheads

The real Dreamers are the American children that have their American dream destroyed by a racist asshole like Obama that did an illegal program to change the racial and voting makeup of this country. A despicable and illegal program and god bless Trump for curtailing it.

why? he didn't run on that, he ran on ending DACA, he just did that.

Priority is first kick this little Pendejo out.

deport-this.png.cf.png

Sad thing is, amnesty is coming.
no it isn't.

I am not surprised that a Moon Bat wouldn't understand that we need to undo that illegal stupid program that Obama did in order to bring in and allow to stay almost a million Brown potential Democrat voting welfare queen shitheads

The real Dreamers are the American children that have their American dream destroyed by a racist asshole like Obama that did an illegal program to change the racial and voting makeup of this country. A despicable and illegal program and god bless Trump for curtailing it.
This, this guy gets it!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::udaman:

the losers are american children who are citizens of the US that have been wronged for a very fking long time. you all are useless americans.

Dear Cardinal Richelieu,

Agree'd and he will receive tremendous backlash for it making the division in this country all that much more polarized.
Yes, and it's ironic but richly (-: deserved that he will receive even more antipathy from latinos if congress fails. BTW, he may just be holding this hostage for a tradeoff by immigration nutters like Steve King to get him some funding for his "wall."

Any plan Trump might put forward (other than unconditional amnesty) would instantly be torn to pieces by the DemPress as inherently racist. What is so wrong with following the Constitutional provision that legislation originates in Congress?
You make assumptions, that means nothing and is no excuse to support inaction from Trump as far as providing a detailed plan... There is nothing wrong with using Congress to legislate, thats what should happen. DACA was never meant to be permanent law, it was a deferral to protect the "Dreamers" from deportation while congress figured out legislation.

why? he didn't run on that, he ran on ending DACA, he just did that.
Good for him. He did so in a sloppy and divisive way when he could have done so in a much more effective way. It is not a surprise, just disappointing

Forum List

Back