In politics, people tend to believe lies. Why?

Ok, now show me a news source that isn’t biased or have an agenda.
Maybe all media outlets have some bias. Some more than others. Just like humans.
If you read all sides, you usually find consensus.
How do you find the truth.

Maybe all media outlets have some bias. Some more than others. Just like humans.
If you read all sides, you usually find consensus.
How do you find the truth.
I don’t know. Once I realized that all media is biased, finding the truth almost seems impossible. You have left wing media that will all agree with each other, and right wing media who will do the same. Most of the time one news outlet gets a story and every other news outlet just links back to that story. So they are all telling the same story essentially. So, if you read one agenda based story, you’ve literally read them all.

I don’t know. Once I realized that all media is biased, finding the truth almost seems impossible. You have left wing media that will all agree with each other, and right wing media who will do the same. Most of the time one news outlet gets a story and every other news outlet just links back to that story. So they are all telling the same story essentially. So, if you read one agenda based story, you’ve literally read them all.
Finding the truth in today's world is not easy. Ones moral compass is a big help.

Ha! :auiqs.jpg:

Thanks for the laugh nutter.
America, when your a bad ass poster WEF shillbots will clip your post and post responses like this.

If shillbots like this aren't making post like this about you, you're not trying hard enough.

OK shillbot, for fun... tell me a lie I believe?

First, pain. The truth is too painful to face head-on, so we refuse to acknowledge that what we’ve chosen to accept as truth is, in reality, a lie.

Second, loss. To face the truth robs one of something held dear – often power or control. Rather than find our place in a new context, we grasp for anything, and anyone, who will affirm, and help us retain, our current status.

Third, ignorance. Though less common, some people truly don’t recognize a lie when it is presented. Lack of knowledge, feigned or actual, provides them a state of bliss.

Fourth, cultural assimilation. A desire to fit in with one’s group, tribe, family or social structure causes you to believe what they’re saying even when you know better.

Fifth, moral weakness. This is perhaps the most common reason. When someone doesn’t have the fortitude to do their own research they “leave the details to others,” or they know the truth but are unwilling to speak out.

Sixth, secondary gain. Believing and propagating the lie brings a personal benefit, so we trade integrity for short-term benefits.

Seventh, fear. Acquiring better information would require that we take personal responsibility for the lies we’ve believed and told and that we change our way of thinking and acting.

Eighth, protection. We seek to safeguard the fragile, though false, narrative upon which one’s life is built.

Ninth, societal politeness. It’s easier to go along to get along, so we choose not to upset the proverbial apple cart.

Tenth, cultural indoctrination. We develop blinders and become unable to grasp that what may be seen as truth for one segment of society is not for others.

Also include the mental disorders:

Cognitive dissonance...believing two mutually exclusive conditions can both be true at the same time.

Relativism....the belief that objective truth does not exist.

America, when your a bad ass poster WEF shillbots will clip your post and post responses like this.

If shillbots like this aren't making post like this about you, you're not trying hard enough.

Anyone that looks at posting history can see for themselves all the insane bullshit you believe.

TheGreat Satan knows what he is talking about.

Christianity? Nope. Commies tolerate everything.

One man's virtue is another man's sin. Without God, morals are in the eye of the beholder.

Looks like among many other things you need to go read up what Deism is.

First, pain. The truth is too painful to face head-on, so we refuse to acknowledge that what we’ve chosen to accept as truth is, in reality, a lie.

Second, loss. To face the truth robs one of something held dear – often power or control. Rather than find our place in a new context, we grasp for anything, and anyone, who will affirm, and help us retain, our current status.

Third, ignorance. Though less common, some people truly don’t recognize a lie when it is presented. Lack of knowledge, feigned or actual, provides them a state of bliss.

Fourth, cultural assimilation. A desire to fit in with one’s group, tribe, family or social structure causes you to believe what they’re saying even when you know better.

Fifth, moral weakness. This is perhaps the most common reason. When someone doesn’t have the fortitude to do their own research they “leave the details to others,” or they know the truth but are unwilling to speak out.

Sixth, secondary gain. Believing and propagating the lie brings a personal benefit, so we trade integrity for short-term benefits.

Seventh, fear. Acquiring better information would require that we take personal responsibility for the lies we’ve believed and told and that we change our way of thinking and acting.

Eighth, protection. We seek to safeguard the fragile, though false, narrative upon which one’s life is built.

Ninth, societal politeness. It’s easier to go along to get along, so we choose not to upset the proverbial apple cart.

Tenth, cultural indoctrination. We develop blinders and become unable to grasp that what may be seen as truth for one segment of society is not for others.

So that's the method you folks use to get your fellow liberals to buy your BS? Interesting.

I don't quite agree with your headline.

People normally do not believe lies - they believe information that fit's their existing believes or narratives.
If that respective information is correct or a lie is then a matter of "personal investigation"

So the maybe "more appropriate" question should be - why do people not "investigate" news?
Just saying

I don't know if they have a choice. All politicians lie.

Forum List

Back