In firing Tom Price, Trump just did what Obama never could

Your excerpts seem to be interestingly chosen. Just like the article itself seems to contradict itself. For instance. First it says this. "Trump just accepted the resignation", to then say this" Trump accepted responsibility. His guy screwed up, and Trump owned up to that failure by firing the guy he chose." Now I know what you are going to say, its just semantics. I agree but then this would be a contradiction.He did not fire anyone. Obama instead had his secretary of health and human services request that the VA's top health official, Robert Petzel, retire — a few months earlier than Petzel originally planned." It then blasts Obama for as the article states "When tax agents targeted conservatives for their political beliefs, violating their First Amendment rights" While the sentence before reads "Trump later fired more than 500 federal employees via executive order." In the end it comes down to the following. You site an article that is so biased it contradicts its own viewpoints in the same paragraphs. And as such your OP fails.

I would have copied the entire article and pasted it here except that board management recently admonished me for doing so. That's why I provided the link. The point remains the same, Obama fired NOBODY for malfeasance.
I'm guessing you know my point wasn't that you selectively quoted the article, although you kind of did. My point was that the article was contradictory within itself. I Highlighted and underlined it. And I believe your point was that Trump fired Price and because of that he did something that Obama never did. Only thing is Trump hasn't outright fired anyone either. He maybe, but lets assume its true asked for Price to resign. If you consider that firing fine, but then as sited in the article Obama asked Petzel to retire. Denis Burke was forced to resign and Melson demoted. Pretty sure there,'s others. So how is does your point hold?

Were they cabinet members?

Please ask management if we can paste entire articles here.
Obama administration resignations and firings
Here you are, quite a few of these resigned because of real or suspected fuck ups. So I'll ask again how does your point hold? I also see you are trying to redefine your position from. Obama never fired anybody, to he fired nobody in a cabinet position. You could further redefine it too Obama never fired the HHS director on the 29 of September 2017 since the list does include directors of several governmental agencies.

I don't believe the author, nor was I, stating or implying that literally NOBODY ever left a government post under Obama. The link you provided doesn't get into specifics and I believe the reader is left to wonder if they were pushed out or left for greener pastures. After all, it's not uncommon for high-level federal workers to go into lobbying or private contract work.

I think what the author was trying to say, and which I happen to agree, is that Obama had a number of high-profile opportunities to fire or force the resignation of someone who acted improperly, and declined to do so.

For that matter, how many people did Obama hire that were involved in IRS tax issues? Obama had promised to be the most transparent administration in history and, instead, his was probably the most secretive, aided, abetted and protected by much of America's hard-left media.
I never claimed you or the author did. I claimed the author and you were claiming that by asking for Price's resignation Trump did something that Obama never did. A point I debunked by pointing out that even the article stated that Petzel was asked to retire, and several more instances of firings , dismissals and demotions in the aftermath of the scandals given.
Something you tried to solve by moving the goalposts by stating that none of those dismissals were as high profile as Price. Something I then debunked by giving a list of several high profile dismissals during the Obama administration. This is to recap.
Which brings me to your current argument.
-The first of which is that the link I provided didn't provide sufficient prove between the dismissals and the subsequent leaving of government services. To that argument I say. You are right, if that link was the only information available and you were unable to get more information. What it is in my view is feigned ignorance. Petraeus for instance was a high profile resignation that I refuse to believe someone who post on a political forum would be unaware of.Petraeus scandal - Wikipedia
-Your second argument is another moving of the goalpost by redefining your original OP to state that you weren't claiming Nobody left government service but that Obama didn't always fire those who acted improperly. It something I won't try to dispute since it's true. I will dispute that that is the premise of this OP, since its purpose clearly is to try to paint the firing of Price as an act of political courage Obama never had. Something I think I proved wrong from a factual standpoint, both by pointing out that Obama did the exact thing Trump did and by pointing out now that there have been instances when Trump didn't fire people himself who act inappropriately. Another Trump Cabinet Member Gets Wrist Slapped for Abusing Taxpayer Money for Private Jets
- Care to try again?

Care to try again?

Which cabinet members did Obama fire or force to resign? The answer is...no one. Sorry, it's just a fact.

I was calling for the firing or forcing the resignation of Price. I support purging government of ALL corrupt officials. I just wish American liberals felt the same way.

Except he wasn't fired......Nothing like a Republican forced to twist the truth in order to fit a narrative...

Care to try again?

Which cabinet members did Obama fire or force to resign? The answer is...no one. Sorry, it's just a fact.

I was calling for the firing or forcing the resignation of Price. I support purging government of ALL corrupt officials. I just wish American liberals felt the same way.

Eric Shinseki - Wikipedia
Your facts fall short of the mark yet again.
I support purging government of ALL corrupt officials. I just wish American liberals felt the same way.
Well since at the moment liberals aren't the ones with the power to fire I suggest you look at your own side, which as I pointed out show the same shortcomings. Which begs the question that after this entire argument you still maintain this is a right, left issue, isn't this a matter of refusing to indulge in any self reflection?

Your facts fall short of the mark yet again.

I stand corrected, or am I? Your fellow liberals would say "He wasn't fired". LOL. In any event, seriously, I stand corrected. Yes, Obama did force out a cabinet member. Thanks for setting me straight.

Which begs the question that after this entire argument you still maintain this is a right, left issue, isn't this a matter of refusing to indulge in any self reflection?

I agree with you completely. I think much of the GOP is as corrupt as much of the Democratic Party. We are infected with corruption because we are, largely, separated upon partisan lines. If we banded together and DEMANDED integrity in government, we'd get it. But, we don't. The result is a lower quality of life for the average American.

forkup, I'm curious for your view on something. Do you believe that Hillary broke the law with her handling of classified material?

There are a couple of issues at work. The media brought Price's excesses to light and that's their duty. The problem was that the media spent their time protecting the crooks in the Obama administration instead of doing their duty. It's alleged that Leon Panetta went through about 800k in flights every week but as long as the media gave him a free ride everything was fine. Hussein should at the very least have fired his IRS chief for spying on and punishing political enemies but he issued a rarely used "executive privilege" order that prevented her from testifying at a congressional investigation and there wasn't a peep of protest from the media. Trump did the right thing and Obama didn't have to. That's the way the double standard works.

Obama fired the head of the VA over the waiting list scandal so to say that he didn't hold Administration executives accountable is a lie.

So is Leon Pannetta's use of government aircraft not a scandal. Government rules, put in place by George W. Bush, require that the Secretary of Defence travel in military aircraft. Panetta felt hogtied by these rules but his longstanding tradition was to spend weekends with his family in California, something he had done for 15 years on his own dime before being required to use government aircraft.

Please get your facts straight before making a total fool of yourself.

firearm they bought through the Fast and Furious program

In reality they buy the weapons because of AZ lax gun laws. It has long been the target of straw buying by the Cartels. Still is. But don't you gun nuts always say "Guns don't kill people, People kill people!" Or has that changed? Oh I know, it doesn't apply to Obama cause he was going to use the vast increase in the violence in Mexico caused by the Drop in the Bucket these weapons actually represented to rally the American people in an effort to take ur guns?

Loney tunes then and loney tunes now.

forkup, I'm curious for your view on something. Do you believe that Hillary broke the law with her handling of classified material?

If you read the actual law, and go by the facts that Comey used to make the determination, then, NO, Clinton didn't break the law. She may have been sloppy, careless, even reckless, but that's not standard to judge breaking the law. And the threshold was not met.

Smart but tricky question, as I suspect you designed it too be lol. Technically yes, kind of like running a red light is. It is possible to break the law, without doing it on purpose and without it having adverse consequences, which as far as the emails go is what I think happened. Luckily intent is something that does have a bearing on whether or not something is prosecuted. A good example of that is the current problem that Kushner has with his use of private e-mails. NSA warned White House against using personal email
This was just like Clinton stupid and possibly illegal, not necessarily something a person should be fired over. If every person who stepped over a line should be fired I don't think anybody would be able to hold a job.

So true, when did Obama ever hold anyone responsible, including himself?

A few excerpts below.

In firing Tom Price, Trump just did what Obama never could: Accept blame and tell a bureaucrat 'you're fired'

When Mexican drug runners gunned down Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in 2010 with a firearm they bought through the Fast and Furious program, Obama had no knowledge of the situation. Rather than aiding the investigation, the president would later invoke executive privilege to hide documents from a House committee. And Obama never publicly reprimanded Attorney General Eric Holder, let alone fire him.

Same thing happened with the Veterans Health Administration scandal of 2014. After at least 40 patients died waiting in line trying to get care, Obama pled ignorance, ordered an investigation, and signed some reform legislation. He did not fire anyone.

When tax agents targeted conservatives for their political beliefs, violating their First Amendment rights, the president issued a harshly worded statement. IRS Director John Koskinen wasn't fired, reprimanded, or otherwise – nor was Lois Lerner, who was primarily responsible for the scandal as the director of the Exempt Organizations Unit of the IRS. She even kept her job after destroying her computer hard drives to hide evidence.
Your excerpts seem to be interestingly chosen. Just like the article itself seems to contradict itself. For instance. First it says this. "Trump just accepted the resignation", to then say this" Trump accepted responsibility. His guy screwed up, and Trump owned up to that failure by firing the guy he chose." Now I know what you are going to say, its just semantics. I agree but then this would be a contradiction.He did not fire anyone. Obama instead had his secretary of health and human services request that the VA's top health official, Robert Petzel, retire — a few months earlier than Petzel originally planned." It then blasts Obama for as the article states "When tax agents targeted conservatives for their political beliefs, violating their First Amendment rights" While the sentence before reads "Trump later fired more than 500 federal employees via executive order." In the end it comes down to the following. You site an article that is so biased it contradicts its own viewpoints in the same paragraphs. And as such your OP fails.

I would have copied the entire article and pasted it here except that board management recently admonished me for doing so. That's why I provided the link. The point remains the same, Obama fired NOBODY for malfeasance.

And that's a lie as has been pointed out to you by numerous other posters.

A few excerpts below.

In firing Tom Price, Trump just did what Obama never could: Accept blame and tell a bureaucrat 'you're fired'

When Mexican drug runners gunned down Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in 2010 with a firearm they bought through the Fast and Furious program, Obama had no knowledge of the situation. Rather than aiding the investigation, the president would later invoke executive privilege to hide documents from a House committee. And Obama never publicly reprimanded Attorney General Eric Holder, let alone fire him.

Same thing happened with the Veterans Health Administration scandal of 2014. After at least 40 patients died waiting in line trying to get care, Obama pled ignorance, ordered an investigation, and signed some reform legislation. He did not fire anyone.

When tax agents targeted conservatives for their political beliefs, violating their First Amendment rights, the president issued a harshly worded statement. IRS Director John Koskinen wasn't fired, reprimanded, or otherwise – nor was Lois Lerner, who was primarily responsible for the scandal as the director of the Exempt Organizations Unit of the IRS. She even kept her job after destroying her computer hard drives to hide evidence.
You might want to read a little about the VA scandal before embarrassing yourself further .... assuming you are capable of embarrassment.

A few excerpts below.

You might want to read a little about the VA scandal before embarrassing yourself further .... assuming you are capable of embarrassment.
Bendog He already conceded the point. You know claiming he should read up first is kind of ironic.

Trump's revolving door policy for hiring and firing is nothing to brag about.

Neither was Obama's loyalty to incompetent, dishonest members of his administration that screwed the American people.
Your hyperbole riddled opinion is cute, but does nothing to defend the comedy of errors that is the Trump admin.

Hey k*nt, who did Obama fire? Hell, Obama knew that Hillary was using a private server to conduct official business and Obama did nothing.

That's because there were no rules against it until AFTER she left the State Department.

You said that Trump would have fired Price had he not resigned. How do you know that's true? Trump didn't even admonish the guy via Twitter when the story came out.

Of course Trump uses a government aircraft to go golfing every single weekend, and then bills the government for his SS detail's rooms, meals and golf cart rentals so he's hardly in a position to complain about misuse of government aircraft for personal use, is misappropriation of government funds.

...tricky question...

It's not a "tricky question". It's simple. Either she broke the law or she didn't. You answered that, technically, she did. You're the first liberal in history to acknowledge that she broke the law. Congratulations. My hunt for ONE honest liberal has finally come to fruition. :)

This was just like Clinton stupid and possibly illegal, not necessarily something a person should be fired over.

Hillary knew it was improper AND illegal, lied about it and tried to cover her tracks. Then, liberals nominated her to be potus. LOL.

Forum List

Back