In Congo, Trapped In Violence And Forgotten

In C-7 school in the Navy a long long time ago...........We had a guy in school with us from Zaire......Great guy over here studying with us for the military there. Had beers with him.............Came over to study sessions with us............

At the end of school Zaire was collapsing............the had taken the airport.........and our country was sending him back to Zaire............to the airport..............which was a death sentence.............He asked for Asylum.............he asked to be sent to a neighboring country so he could then sneak back into the country..........

But those requests were denied...............They flew him back and we never heard from him again..........I have no doubt they sent him to his death.......we argued with command.........their hands were tied........

They should have blind folded him.....before sending him home.

God that's sad :( It's one reason I feel pretty strongly about helping the Afghans and Iraqi's who helped us in the wars.

Too many broken promises there as well. It's pathetic how the bureaucracy can leave allies at risk who put their lives on the line and those of their families. Our government really needs to spell these details out and plan for that better before ever going into a regional conflict like that.

I couldn't agree more, and the Congo is one of the longest running bloodiest and cruelist conflicts, and gets very little attention.

And frankly...broken promises...abandoning allies...in the context of recent news just makes me sick and angry and ashamed of my country :(

In C-7 school in the Navy a long long time ago...........We had a guy in school with us from Zaire......Great guy over here studying with us for the military there. Had beers with him.............Came over to study sessions with us............

At the end of school Zaire was collapsing............the had taken the airport.........and our country was sending him back to Zaire............to the airport..............which was a death sentence.............He asked for Asylum.............he asked to be sent to a neighboring country so he could then sneak back into the country..........

But those requests were denied...............They flew him back and we never heard from him again..........I have no doubt they sent him to his death.......we argued with command.........their hands were tied........

God that's sad :( It's one reason I feel pretty strongly about helping the Afghans and Iraqi's who helped us in the wars.

Too many broken promises there as well. It's pathetic how the bureaucracy can leave allies at risk who put their lives on the line and those of their families. Our government really needs to spell these details out and plan for that better before ever going into a regional conflict like that.

I couldn't agree more, and the Congo is one of the longest running bloodiest and cruelist conflicts, and gets very little attention.

And frankly...broken promises...abandoning allies...in the context of recent news just makes me sick and angry and ashamed of my country :(
I’m also disappointed about not having an easy solution. That doesn’t take anything away from the pride I have for this country being the most generous in the world.

The taxpayers in this country are very generous. We don’t mind helping others.
That said; it’s important to understand the limitations. There is only so much we can afford. It’s one of the many reasons why a wall should be built.

Fixing the worlds problems shouldn’t fall solely on the backs of American workers.

KIVUYE, Congo — On the first market day after the militia retreated, as the midday sun broke through the mist, hundreds of villagers gathered on a grassy hillside.

Vendors sold fresh cabbage, corn and potatoes without fear of being robbed. Women bought pink dresses and orange cloth without fear of being raped. Children kicked a tattered ball made of twine without fear of being dragged away and forced to carry a gun.

As dusk fell, no one rushed home.

But Bernard Kamanzi was nervous. The top government official here, he knew such bursts of freedom always vanished quickly. And he knew something the villagers didn’t know: The Congolese soldiers who had been fighting the militias and protecting the village had withdrawn that morning.

“The militias could come back at any moment,” he said. “That’s the fear we have.”

The village in eastern Congo lies at the epicenter of one of Africa’s most brutal and longest-running wars. It is both military base and refugee camp, both killing field and sanctuary, a place woven from chaos and resilience. Civilians trapped in relentless violence struggle to live. Death arrives in many forms — guns, machetes, disease and hunger.

It is a war that has claimed an estimated 5 million lives, many from starvation, disease and other conflict-related causes, since 1998 — more casualties than the wars in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq combined, and more than any conflict since World War II. It is a war that the world’s largest and most expensive U.N. peacekeeping mission has failed to quell. The peacekeepers, heavily financed by Washington, are now engaged in their most ambitious effort in years to end the fighting.

And yet the war remains invisible to most outsiders, who have grown weary of the unending cycle of violence. Today, relief groups have trouble raising money to help Congo as more publicized upheavals in Syria, South Sudan and elsewhere grab the world’s attention.

A conflict that has claimed so many lives - brutally raped and maimed so many men, women and children yet receives so little attention.
They have no resources that the megacorps want so the government isn't interested in intervening.
On the contrary countries are destabilized like this for the very purpose of stealing their resources.

What are your thoughts about democrats encouraging people to follow a path through a gauntlet of criminals to illegally enter this country, Coyote ?

I can’t think of a more despicable thing to do.

This conflict has nothing to do with Trump or Obama, it has its roots much further back.

What are your thoughts about democrats encouraging people to follow a path through a gauntlet of criminals to illegally enter this country, Coyote ?

I can’t think of a more despicable thing to do.
What does that have to do with the jCongo?

--------------------- aw man , they'll only want to come and live in the USA Coyote .

and i am pretty sure that they were PAID when they helped Americans Coyote .

It’s been awhile since I’ve had the opportunity to say how much I adore you, Coyote.

I think we share the same love for others. :)

the villagers just need cases and cases of AK or AR rifles and ammo and other weapons . Then build rudimentary Fortress out of their villages like early Americans built Forts out of whatever they had . And then take an armed stand . Better that than being hacked to death and tortured eh .

I’m good with helping people in other countries when we can first help these people.....

Last edited:

--------------------- aw man , they'll only want to come and live in the USA Coyote .
I personally knew the man who got sent back to die...........we studied together as a class, joked, and drank beer........

It would have been an honor for him to be here...........That was personal to me.

thats why i only hang and get friendly with REAL Americans Eagle .

I know your heart is in the right place, Coyote.

After seeing that vid, can you understand why Trump supporters think democrats are stupid?

Forum List

Back