In Colleges and Universities, why "Diversity"?

Why don't you look it up for me? Put those Google fingers to work.
Dont need to. If you want education you need to work for it. I'm not here to do the work you should be doing for yourself.

But you were all too happy to give me the (extremely limited in scope and stripped down) definition of cognitive dissonance, were you not? Where's the love?
Thats right and you saw the poor results of not letting you learn by yourself. No love for those that wish to remain willfully ignorant.

Looking at two people with different skin colors and assuming they "think differently" as a function of their skin is not only lazy, it is stupid and potentially racist.

If you want to continue to be lazy, stupid, and potentially racist, that's on you.
Nope. Only a dumb clown would look at people from two different races and assume they had the same perspective. Thats the primary problem with whites and why they have so many other races laugh at their stupidity. Not everyone believes Jesus was white or that columbus discovered america.

Only a dumb clown would assume at all. You're almost there, buddy.

Dont need to. If you want education you need to work for it. I'm not here to do the work you should be doing for yourself.

But you were all too happy to give me the (extremely limited in scope and stripped down) definition of cognitive dissonance, were you not? Where's the love?
Thats right and you saw the poor results of not letting you learn by yourself. No love for those that wish to remain willfully ignorant.

Looking at two people with different skin colors and assuming they "think differently" as a function of their skin is not only lazy, it is stupid and potentially racist.

If you want to continue to be lazy, stupid, and potentially racist, that's on you.
Nope. Only a dumb clown would look at people from two different races and assume they had the same perspective. Thats the primary problem with whites and why they have so many other races laugh at their stupidity. Not everyone believes Jesus was white or that columbus discovered america.

Yet you assume two people from different races would have the same perspective. Youre already there buddy. Youre mired in stupidity.

Yet you assume two people from different races would have the same perspective. Youre already there buddy. Youre mired in stupidity.

Where did I say that? Point it out to me please.

You can't, because I didn't.

You said that when you mocked the fact that people from different races have different perspectives. See? I just did point you to it.

You said that when you mocked the fact that people from different races have different perspectives. See? I just did point you to it.

I mocked the assumption that they do. I never said they can't have different perspectives.

There's that pesky nuance again. Damn it all ... it would be so easy to pin people down if it weren't for that pesky nuance.

I mocked the assumption that they do. I never said they can't have different perspectives.

There's that pesky nuance again. Damn it all ... it would be so easy to pin people down if it weren't for that pesky nuance.
Trying to clean it up wont work. Its right there in print for everyone to see unless you edit or delete it.

Trying to clean it up wont work. Its right there in print for everyone to see unless you edit or delete it.

You .... you don't understand the difference?

Wow. Okay ...

There's my bad habit of underestimating human stupidity kicking in again ...

Wow. Okay ...

I understand I pointed out to you where you slipped up and I caught you making an assumption.

Wow. Okay ...

I understand I pointed out to you where you slipped up and I caught you making an assumption.

Nope. Didn't happen. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and believe that.

Wow. Okay ...

Nope. Didn't happen. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and believe that.
I could care less either way but thanks again for expressing your beliefs so I could then point them out to you.

If one school chooses its freshman class strictly on the basis of academic merit (all criteria objectively measurable, and published in advance), and another college uses some objective criteria, but takes pains to ensure a "diverse" freshman class, in what meaningful way would the "diverse" class be better?

I see nothing of value in diversity; indeed, diversity is the enemy of excellence. When "top" schools are considered, the diversity students are much more likely to fail (or have standards lowered to accommodate them), while they could be fully successful at a lesser school.

In sum, diversity itself is stupid. Which is why Leftists love it so much.
First of all what you see isnt important. You are an irrelevant nobody.
. The more options you have the better. Does that make sense to your tiny brain?
So you are ok with black colleges being eliminated for the sake of diversity, Remember Diversity leads directly to a better society primarily because you have different perspectives and different solutions

If one school chooses its freshman class strictly on the basis of academic merit (all criteria objectively measurable, and published in advance), and another college uses some objective criteria, but takes pains to ensure a "diverse" freshman class, in what meaningful way would the "diverse" class be better?

I see nothing of value in diversity; indeed, diversity is the enemy of excellence. When "top" schools are considered, the diversity students are much more likely to fail (or have standards lowered to accommodate them), while they could be fully successful at a lesser school.

. The more options you have the better. Does that make sense to your tiny brain?
So you are ok with black colleges being eliminated for the sake of diversity, Remember Diversity leads directly to a better society primarily because you have different perspectives and different solutions
Who told you I was ok with Black colleges being eliminated for the sake of diversity? The HBCU's primary role is to educate young Black adults on their specific history while at the same time providing them a lift off platform into mainstream america. FYI lots of middle eastern and east indians go to HBCU's as well.

Diversity leads directly to a better society primarily because you have different perspectives and different solutions. The more options you have the better. Does that make sense to your tiny brain?
Bullshit theory only believed by idiots incapable of critical thinking.

Who told you I was ok with Black colleges being eliminated for the sake of diversity? The HBCU's primary role is to educate young Black adults on their specific history while at the same time providing them a lift off platform into mainstream america. FYI lots of middle eastern and east indians go to HBCU's as well.
So you aren’t actually for diversity.

Typical.

Schools have never made choices based only on academic "'merit." Ever.
If they did,there wouldn't be any right wingernuts nor Republicans.
Says one of the dumbest posters on the forum to the dumbest poster on the forum....

Where are the centers of the American culture that has swept the world? California and New York, or Salt Lake City and Birmingham? Where are the centers of American innovation that brought us space exploration, computer technology and medical advancement? San Jose, Boston, Pittsburgh or Nashville, Boise and Little Rock?
California and New York were as white as the rest of America when American culture “swept the world”.

Now American culture is receding because of “diversity”.

Typical.
Obviously I am. Since HBCU's embrace diversity you sound like the typical idiot that cant read.

Schools have never made choices based only on academic "'merit." Ever.
If they did,there wouldn't be any right wingernuts nor Republicans.
Says one of the dumbest posters on the forum to the dumbest poster on the forum....
No one is dumber than you. Maybe Miketx but you two are probably the most mentally handicapped.

Typical.
Obviously I am. Since HBCU's embrace diversity you sound like the typical idiot that cant read.
HBCUs are some of the least diverse colleges in the country.

Typical.
HBCUs are some of the least diverse colleges in the country.
Not our problem. If whites are afraid to go there thats their problem. Other cultures have no issues with going there. Diversity cant be forced. It can only be embraced.

Forum List

Back