In case anyone forgot why Walker and the WI GOP went after unions...

Oh yea, I've worked for several manufacturing companies. I've seen a piece of trash lay on the floor all day long because it wasn't "their job" to pick it up. I've seen guys shut down the line because the parts guy was working on something else and they couldn't walk over and get what they needed because it wasn't "their job". I know people that have laid out all week so they can work a 3 day weekend and get the equivalent of 8 days pay.

Yea, I've been there, seen that..........all of it. I won't even begin to tell you what's wrong with the guys that belong to the Teamster's union. :eusa_hand:

Okay, again, that sounds like attitude, not union membership.

Sorry, I've heard a lot of non-union guys say, "not my job", and sometimes, it was even justifiable.

If you go into the warehouse to pick something and you arent' authorized to be there, at my company, they'll fire you. It's not your job. That's a management rule, not a union rule.

So I'm not seeing what your complaint is here, other than you didn't like the fact they negotiated a better deal collectively than you got invididually.

Yup. Been there done that as well.

I've worked for two Unions. I've watched guys come to work loaded. Sack out on a pallet for 8 hours and the boss never said a word.

I've seen those same drunks get defended by the Union and then expect the company to send the bozo to rehab and pay for it.

I've seen guys steal materials from the company and redo their basements with those materials and when caught the Union came in to defend em.

I've seen guys get a job in the AM. A job that took about 2hours to do. They then disappear in the mill and hang out for the rest of the day.

These a private sector Unions and I'm sure if the Private Sector didn't have to deal with em they wouldn't.

Public sector Unions should be banned. Hell. Even that liberall FDR knew this and would have nothing to do with em.

Boy was he right.

I've seen that kind of behavior in non-union shops, and firing them usually meant you got new guys who engaged in teh same behavior.

It sounds like you are blaming unions for bad management. Good management doesn't have these kinds of problems.

LOLberals whining over PUBLIC unions. LOL. Even FDR, the "progressive" moron that codified a string of pro-uinion laaw warned us of public unions. Why are LOLberals so self insulating from reality.

Public unions hold govt. hostage, and the taxpayers that fund the govt. They should be outlawed. Yet, LOLberals cheer in favor of a few holding an entire state hostage for more money from their pockets. YOu LOLberals are something.....freedom haters and calling it freedom. That's some backwards shit.

GUy, sorry, I want the cop and the firefighter and the teacher to be well-compensated for their jobs.

I want them to have more committment to their professions than some wage slave working at McDonald's, don't you?

If you are going to ask a guy to rush into a burning building to save your life, at least have the decency to pay him a fair wage.

Yes I want them well compensated for running into that burning building, the Union shouldn't have to make that determination. There are bunches of Fire and Police that aren't Union shops.

It's a sad day when we pay a secretary in a government office more than we pay our firefighters and policemen. Yea, the unions have done such a good job for them, that's so screwed up. If we didn't have to pay the extra office workers all those outrageous "benefits" perhaps there might be a little more for the firemen and policemen.

Sorry your argument isn't worth the time it took you to type it.

Yup. Been there done that as well.

I've worked for two Unions. I've watched guys come to work loaded. Sack out on a pallet for 8 hours and the boss never said a word.

I've seen those same drunks get defended by the Union and then expect the company to send the bozo to rehab and pay for it.

I've seen guys steal materials from the company and redo their basements with those materials and when caught the Union came in to defend em.

I've seen guys get a job in the AM. A job that took about 2hours to do. They then disappear in the mill and hang out for the rest of the day.

These a private sector Unions and I'm sure if the Private Sector didn't have to deal with em they wouldn't.

Public sector Unions should be banned. Hell. Even that liberall FDR knew this and would have nothing to do with em.

Boy was he right.

I've seen that kind of behavior in non-union shops, and firing them usually meant you got new guys who engaged in teh same behavior.

It sounds like you are blaming unions for bad management. Good management doesn't have these kinds of problems.

Bull, you can't fire the union guy for doing the same thing...........if you try, the Union will make you pay him for time lost and hire him back. At least the non-union guy can be replaced. Over and over again if necessary.

Ever try to fire a Union guy??

As for bad management you seem to forget that anytime a boss has a gripe against a worker the Union rushs in to defend em.

Seen it many times and I never saw even one of these slacker fired.

Did see may grievances filed against management though.

Yes I want them well compensated for running into that burning building, the Union shouldn't have to make that determination. There are bunches of Fire and Police that aren't Union shops.

It's a sad day when we pay a secretary in a government office more than we pay our firefighters and policemen. Yea, the unions have done such a good job for them, that's so screwed up. If we didn't have to pay the extra office workers all those outrageous "benefits" perhaps there might be a little more for the firemen and policemen.

Ummm, can you actually name a case where a secretary makes more than a firefighter?

Average Fire Fighter Salary Information plus Job, Career Education & Unemployment Help

The median expected salary for a typical Fire Fighter in the United States is $41,886

Average Secretary I Salary Information plus Job, Career Education & Unemployment Help

The median expected salary for a typical Secretary I in the United States is $33,331

Ummm, can you actually name a case where a secretary makes more than a firefighter?

Average Fire Fighter Salary Information plus Job, Career Education & Unemployment Help

The median expected salary for a typical Fire Fighter in the United States is $41,886

Average Secretary I Salary Information plus Job, Career Education & Unemployment Help

The median expected salary for a typical Secretary I in the United States is $33,331

Sorry, I'm talking about secretaries in government unions, not secretaries in the private sector.

LOLberals whining over PUBLIC unions. LOL. Even FDR, the "progressive" moron that codified a string of pro-uinion laaw warned us of public unions. Why are LOLberals so self insulating from reality.

Public unions hold govt. hostage, and the taxpayers that fund the govt. They should be outlawed. Yet, LOLberals cheer in favor of a few holding an entire state hostage for more money from their pockets. YOu LOLberals are something.....freedom haters and calling it freedom. That's some backwards shit.

GUy, sorry, I want the cop and the firefighter and the teacher to be well-compensated for their jobs.

I want them to have more committment to their professions than some wage slave working at McDonald's, don't you?

If you are going to ask a guy to rush into a burning building to save your life, at least have the decency to pay him a fair wage.

I agree.

I'm a public sector working down her in Florida. A right to work State.

Up until 2yrs ago the taxpayers were footing the bill for beni's and retirement. Not now. We are having to pay part of both. No problem for me as I have no problem contributing to MY retirement and MY benifits. In my mind thats a right thing to be doing.

Not so with some of my co-workers. Should have heard the bitching and screaming. They were all set to hang the Gov.

Apparantly some people expect someone else to pay 100% for their benis and retirment.

That would be LOLberals. Money grows on trees in LOLberal fantasyland. I hope someday LOLberals join the rest of us in reality.

Libs got it bass-ackward as usual. It was the unions that went after Scott Walker. Imagine teachers calling in sick so they could riot in the state capital. Imagine democrat politicians fleeing to another state like a bunch of criminals rather than doing their duty and voting on a bill. All Walker wanted to do was to limit municipal workers collective barganing and he want about it in a lawful manner.

It's sad that conservatives have been reduced to believing that making another sector of the working/middle class poorer will somehow magically solve all their problems.

That is the power of the propaganda of the Rich.

:lmao:

Those public workers have no jobs without extracting private capital from the economy. So you're wrong. Unions and public sector workers require the extraction of capital from others to operate. Therefore, they are NONproductive and worse, they hold taxpayers hostage for their money. And you LOLberals call that freedom....

It's sad that conservatives have been reduced to believing that making another sector of the working/middle class poorer will somehow magically solve all their problems.

It's sad that liberals have been reduced to believing that making another sector of the working/middle class pay for a portion of their benefits will somehow magically create all their problems.

That is the power of the propaganda of the libtard.

I am always amused how conservatives vilify unions.

Let's be honest what happened here. Once upon a time, a high level of unionization in the private sector raised all wages, union and non-union alike. The Wealthy paid a healthy share of the taxes, as they should. There were tariffs in place that protected our industries (vital to our national defense and economy) from unfair foreign competition. You had a vibrant middle class, Mom could stay home with the kids while Dad worked, people could enjoy vacations.

Then these idiots went along with the Plutocrat's oky-dokes.

"Give up your unions, and your right to collectively bargain. We’ll recognize you for your hard work and merit. We’ll use nice sounding terms like ‘right to work’ and ‘At Will employment’ to describe this."

"Dooooooy, Oky-doke!" said the middle class.

So they find themselves working harder for less money, and eventually get put out on the street at 50 because the company can always find someone younger who'll work cheaper.

“Give up your Union Medical Plans, and go with these company Medical Plans instead!”

“Dooooy, Oky-doke”

They find themselves paying more every year for plans that cover less and less. HMO stands for Horrible Medical Options. And if they got too sick, they found they were usually the first to be let go during a downsizing.

"Give up your pensions, we'll let you get in on the Wall Street fun with something called a 401K. Then you can borrow against the value of a home you already paid off! Trust us!"

"Dooooy, Oky-Doke"

Now they find themselves with a busted 401K, an underwater mortgage in foreclosure AND no hope of ever actually retiring. Meanwhile the fat cats on Wall Street and the banks got a government bailout they paid for, and paid themselves bonuses out of it.

"Hey, hey, you know, we can get more business opportunities if we sign this free trade bill with third world rat-holes that don't have the safety, environmental and work rules we have."

"Doooooy, Oky-Doke"

And they act all surprise when the manufacturing jobs go to China, and the Customer Service jobs go to India, and when their POS Chinese made computer breaks down, they can call to Pradip… er, “Bobby” about how to fix it, but he doesn't understand English.

"Hey, let's give tax cuts to rich people!"

"Doooy, Oky-Doke!"

Oh, that means we increase taxes on working people. SUCKERS!!!

And of course, if someone might actually figure out that they’ve been had, we can distract them by talking about gay marriage, abortion, guns or some other issue that gets their blood boiling for no good reason, but has no real impact on their lives.

The ironic thing is that the GOP has engaged in this obscene transfer of wealth, but instead of being angry at the people who perpetrated it, we are angry at the people in the unions who DIDN'T FALL FOR IT.

In short, someone burns down your house, and instead of wanting to punish the arsonist, you want them to burn down your neighbor's house instead.

"DOOOOOY, Oky-doke"

:clap:

Sorry, I'm talking about secretaries in government unions, not secretaries in the private sector.

Again, where? And how are you defiining a 'secretary", which by the way, is one of those terms that is kind of becoming passe. The proper term is "Administrative professional".

My point is that on average, firefighters make more than secretaries... Now how can that be?

Could it because firefighters are more likely to be- unionized?

I agree.

I'm a public sector working down her in Florida. A right to work State.

Up until 2yrs ago the taxpayers were footing the bill for beni's and retirement. Not now. We are having to pay part of both. No problem for me as I have no problem contributing to MY retirement and MY benifits. In my mind thats a right thing to be doing.

Not so with some of my co-workers. Should have heard the bitching and screaming. They were all set to hang the Gov.

Apparantly some people expect someone else to pay 100% for their benis and retirment.

As well they should be.

If you are going to say, "Hey, instead of having health care as a public service for every citizen (you know, the way every other civilized country does it) we are going to make you EARN your health care as part of your work", then shifting the cost from the employer to the employee essentially means they are cutting your salary.

Absolutely, they should be upset with that.

Almost funny. Florida wants the old "lawn order" but pays police & firefighters a pittance, along with COs.

It's sad that liberals have been reduced to believing that making another sector of the working/middle class pay for a portion of their benefits will somehow magically create all their problems.

That is the power of the propaganda of the libtard.

"libtard", next up the obscenities that make up 1/2 your posts? Police, firefighters, and correctional officers are examples of the old maxim, you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Forum List

Back