In case anyone forgot why Walker and the WI GOP went after unions...

Perhaps it's time for those Unions in WI to be busted. Perhaps it's time for the Unions to quit buying elections. Times are changing, public sector Unions are something that even FDR, the union supporting president, was against. He tried to warn us but it mattered not to those greedy folks that think it's a good thing to drive up the price of goods so China can make them for 1/2 of what it costs us.

And no, I'm not suggesting we pay workers the same wages as China. A fair wage is a fair wage, when you don't do anything not in your "union job description" the additional hires drive up the cost of goods.

So why should corporations be able to buy elections, and unions not be?

I've seen people cite the FDR quote, but the fact is, FDR was like any other politician. He saw government jobs as rewards to be handed out for the winners.

Public Service Unions are there so you don't lose your job to the idiot cousin of the Alderman.

Incidently, your comment that union wages are allowing the chinese to beat us is ludicrous. Non-union shops are being shut down at a faster rate than union shops. The American working man can't bend over far enough to accommedate their greed.

That's the problem with greed. The word "Enough" is never there.

Yea, OK. When was the last time you were in a Union shop/employment?? Can't bend over and pick up trash, that's the janitor's job. Can't go get the screws from inventory, not in your job description, shut the line down. Can't pull that report to finish yours, not in your job description, shut down for the day until someone brings it to you. Yea, yea, yea Unions are so necessary.

I work in a factory that is non-union. Guess what. We dont let people who aren't material handlers get the screws, either. And for a good reason. If you let anyone got get the screws, pretty soon your inventory gets fouled up because no one records how many screws you have left. We also don't let unauthorized people have access to reports.

So a lot of what you say are "evils" of unions are things non-union shops do, too. So that's an argument fail.

Now, yeah, I've seen union workers who abuse the system. I've seen non-union people abuse the system.

We need more tax breaks for the job creators, that has been working so well up till now, American workers can get by with low pay and no benefits, lets keep the money going to the most deserving and true Americans, people like the Koch brothers need our help.

Walker went after unions because they were responsible for the gaping holes in Wisconsin's budget bleeding red.
And he was proved right: balanced budget, no new taxes, no layoffs.
But the Left can't stand that. In their minds unions are heroes. Never mind they can't name a thing unions have done for this country since WW2. Never mind unions have cost more jobs here than WalMart. No, unions are sacred. It is the fundamental right to have a corrupt fat cat dictate what you can earn that is at stake here.

The unions were willing to make concessions, and his insistance on ending collective bargaining did nothing to close those gaps.

And frankly, blaming unions for job losses is like blaming a short skirt for a rape.

The unions blew their chance when they took over the capital and trashed the place.

The Koch Brothers wouldn't be dumping millions in there if they weren't trying to break the unions.

I just wonder why working folks are dumb enough to go along with it.

Incidently, I think the actual recall was an awful idea.

The Unions in Wisconsin have no one to blame but themselves..

their ugly behavior after they didn't get their way said it ALL..

the people are sick of paying for these spoiled union members and I say, good for them...

So why should corporations be able to buy elections, and unions not be?

I've seen people cite the FDR quote, but the fact is, FDR was like any other politician. He saw government jobs as rewards to be handed out for the winners.

Public Service Unions are there so you don't lose your job to the idiot cousin of the Alderman.

Incidently, your comment that union wages are allowing the chinese to beat us is ludicrous. Non-union shops are being shut down at a faster rate than union shops. The American working man can't bend over far enough to accommedate their greed.

That's the problem with greed. The word "Enough" is never there.

Yea, OK. When was the last time you were in a Union shop/employment?? Can't bend over and pick up trash, that's the janitor's job. Can't go get the screws from inventory, not in your job description, shut the line down. Can't pull that report to finish yours, not in your job description, shut down for the day until someone brings it to you. Yea, yea, yea Unions are so necessary.

Why is that any of your business? That is between the corporation and the workers.

When you have to hire additional workers to pick up a piece of trash, it drives up the cost of goods. When you have to hire additional workers to pick up a piece of trash, it costs the tax payers more. So yea, since I'm a consumer and taxpayer it is my business.

We also can't forget that a Union worker can literally miss Monday-Friday, work Saturday and get paid double time, Sundays and Holidays are triple time. He can make more $ working a three day weekend than he can working 5 during the week. Someone else has to do the job he didn't do during the week. Most of those days missed are "sick days" therefore two people are being paid for the same thing.

Unions have bargained themselves to driving up costs, many of which are unnecessary. :doubt:

We need more tax breaks for the job creators, that has been working so well up till now, American workers can get by with low pay and no benefits, lets keep the money going to the most deserving and true Americans, people like the Koch brothers need our help.

Well it sounds like you don't have the skills or education to negotiate those "benefits and salary" for yourself therefore the Union must do it for you. Yea, that's working out so well for businesses, they're falling all over themselves to be in the USA.

Fuck those greedy asshole union people in Wisconsin...................

I'll be laughing my balls off when the returns come in tonight.................

4e42096f67275_image.jpg

Gonna be a bad night for the k00ks...............:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::up:

When you have to hire additional workers to pick up a piece of trash, it drives up the cost of goods. When you have to hire additional workers to pick up a piece of trash, it costs the tax payers more. So yea, since I'm a consumer and taxpayer it is my business.

We also can't forget that a Union worker can literally miss Monday-Friday, work Saturday and get paid double time, Sundays and Holidays are triple time. He can make more $ working a three day weekend than he can working 5 during the week. Someone else has to do the job he didn't do during the week. Most of those days missed are "sick days" therefore two people are being paid for the same thing.

Unions have bargained themselves to driving up costs, many of which are unnecessary. :doubt:

Again, I have to wonder if you've ever actually worked in manufacturing in your life?

Most factories have employees who ONLY JOB is to clean up trash.

If there is a factory where people are calling in sick on regular work days and they are regularly working on Saturday, that strikes me as a badly run factory. It sounds a lot more like management problems than union problems.

I hope it does hurt Obama and his Democrat-Progressive-Commies comrades in Arms

Go Walker

Well it sounds like you don't have the skills or education to negotiate those "benefits and salary" for yourself therefore the Union must do it for you. Yea, that's working out so well for businesses, they're falling all over themselves to be in the USA.

Horseshit.

What he doesn't have, and most of us don't have, are the power to play a rigged game.

I've seen experienced workers fired because they could hire younger folks who will work for less.

I've see employees who've been at a company for years let go because the boss's friend's daughter needed a job out of college.

I've seen people who've been "downsized" because they had medical conditions, even though that is completely against the law.

I saw a girl who was let go because the boss found out she was gay.

It amusing me watching working people excuse the bad behavior of managers and are upset that some people actually stand up to it. It's like some bizarre form of Stokholm syndrome.

Again, I have to wonder if you've ever actually worked in manufacturing in your life?

If there is a factory where people are calling in sick on regular work days and they are regularly working on Saturday, that strikes me as a badly run factory. It sounds a lot more like management problems than union problems.

Oh yea, I've worked for several manufacturing companies. I've seen a piece of trash lay on the floor all day long because it wasn't "their job" to pick it up. I've seen guys shut down the line because the parts guy was working on something else and they couldn't walk over and get what they needed because it wasn't "their job". I know people that have laid out all week so they can work a 3 day weekend and get the equivalent of 8 days pay.

Yea, I've been there, seen that..........all of it. I won't even begin to tell you what's wrong with the guys that belong to the Teamster's union. :eusa_hand:

LOLberals whining over PUBLIC unions. LOL. Even FDR, the "progressive" moron that codified a string of pro-uinion laaw warned us of public unions. Why are LOLberals so self insulating from reality.

Public unions hold govt. hostage, and the taxpayers that fund the govt. They should be outlawed. Yet, LOLberals cheer in favor of a few holding an entire state hostage for more money from their pockets. YOu LOLberals are something.....freedom haters and calling it freedom. That's some backwards shit.

Go Walker

Right.

I'm amazed about you people who would burn down your own house out of spite.

Balanced budget, no new taxes, no big layoffs. Yeah, Walker really burned down WI.
The cheeseheads are gonna stick it to Big Labor and their thugs today. First step to taking this country back from the left wing morons that have sought to destroy us.

LOLberals whining over PUBLIC unions. LOL. Even FDR, the "progressive" moron that codified a string of pro-uinion laaw warned us of public unions. Why are LOLberals so self insulating from reality.

Public unions hold govt. hostage, and the taxpayers that fund the govt. They should be outlawed. Yet, LOLberals cheer in favor of a few holding an entire state hostage for more money from their pockets. YOu LOLberals are something.....freedom haters and calling it freedom. That's some backwards shit.

GUy, sorry, I want the cop and the firefighter and the teacher to be well-compensated for their jobs.

I want them to have more committment to their professions than some wage slave working at McDonald's, don't you?

If you are going to ask a guy to rush into a burning building to save your life, at least have the decency to pay him a fair wage.

Go Walker

Right.

I'm amazed about you people who would burn down your own house out of spite.

Balanced budget, no new taxes, no big layoffs. Yeah, Walker really burned down WI.
The cheeseheads are gonna stick it to Big Labor and their thugs today. First step to taking this country back from the left wing morons that have sought to destroy us.

ONly destruction I've seen is from the Right Wing Morons who sent all the good jobs to China...

Something for you to contemplate as you sit in the trailer park there, Cleetus.

GUy, sorry, I want the cop and the firefighter and the teacher to be well-compensated for their jobs.

I want them to have more committment to their professions than some wage slave working at McDonald's, don't you?

If you are going to ask a guy to rush into a burning building to save your life, at least have the decency to pay him a fair wage.
No, you want them to be laid off because no one can afford the outrageous packages the unions strong arm for their members.

Oh yea, I've worked for several manufacturing companies. I've seen a piece of trash lay on the floor all day long because it wasn't "their job" to pick it up. I've seen guys shut down the line because the parts guy was working on something else and they couldn't walk over and get what they needed because it wasn't "their job". I know people that have laid out all week so they can work a 3 day weekend and get the equivalent of 8 days pay.

Yea, I've been there, seen that..........all of it. I won't even begin to tell you what's wrong with the guys that belong to the Teamster's union. :eusa_hand:

Yup. Been there done that as well.

I've worked for two Unions. I've watched guys come to work loaded. Sack out on a pallet for 8 hours and the boss never said a word.

I've seen those same drunks get defended by the Union and then expect the company to send the bozo to rehab and pay for it.

I've seen guys steal materials from the company and redo their basements with those materials and when caught the Union came in to defend em.

I've seen guys get a job in the AM. A job that took about 2hours to do. They then disappear in the mill and hang out for the rest of the day.

These a private sector Unions and I'm sure if the Private Sector didn't have to deal with em they wouldn't.

Public sector Unions should be banned. Hell. Even that liberall FDR knew this and would have nothing to do with em.

Boy was he right.

Forum List

Back