In a US first, New Orleans finds homes for all its homeless veterans

Kudos to the Chocolate City's movers and shakers.

Hope former dimocrat mayor Ray Nagin celebrated the accomplishment with a new Bubba lover to his jail cell. He always insists the newbies pitch and he catches.

The annual point-in-time count taken in January 2014 found just 193 homeless veterans. Over the course of the year, outreach workers identified an additional 35 veterans who had not been included in that count. However, in the end, the total number of people needing housing placement was relatively small compared with the numbers seen in larger metropolitan areas.

So....not as big as it first sounds.

Hope former dimocrat mayor Ray Nagin celebrated the accomplishment with a new Bubba lover to his jail cell. He always insists the newbies pitch and he catches.

Long as you think you're keeping score, Nagin's a lifelong Republican who switched so he could get elected.
Sorry -- does that change the game?

Dumbass.

The annual point-in-time count taken in January 2014 found just 193 homeless veterans. Over the course of the year, outreach workers identified an additional 35 veterans who had not been included in that count. However, in the end, the total number of people needing housing placement was relatively small compared with the numbers seen in larger metropolitan areas.

Nothing in a smaller metropolitan area compares numerically with larger ones.

Why do you want to diminish this?
ScratchHead.gif

When are they gonna get rid of the druggies hanging out on the corners in the 9th ward?

What do you even know about the Ninth Ward?
I don't see any more "druggies" there than anywhere else. I see a lot more in the FQ.

When are they gonna get rid of the druggies hanging out on the corners in the 9th ward?

What do you even know about the Ninth Ward?
I don't see any more "druggies" there than anywhere else. I see a lot more in the FQ.
FU, I have customer at plants in the area and have to drive through the ninth ward to get to them. Fucking druggies are everywhere on the street there. Ever hear of Chalmatte or Meraux?

Long as you think you're keeping score, Nagin's a lifelong Republican who switched so he could get elected.

Dumbass.

Sorry Pogo that was a rumor
In a January 13, 2006 interview on the Tavis Smiley Show, Nagin himself denied these rumors, stating that he "never was a Republican" and that he has been a "life-long Democrat",

Dumbass.

Sorry Pogo that was a rumor
In a January 13, 2006 interview on the Tavis Smiley Show, Nagin himself denied these rumors, stating that he "never was a Republican" and that he has been a "life-long Democrat",

Sorry Peach, I lived there when he did that and he took a lot of shit for it. Met him a few times too. I think I'll take my memory over the denial of a convicted criminal and asshole who never did or said anything that wasn't entirely out of self-interest, which is what Nagin is.

My point was really that Blastoff is trying to take a good story about taking care of vets and turn it into a political dig. And that's a bullshit tactic so I called it out. In actual fact it doesn't even matter.

Sorry Peach, I lived there when he did that and he took a lot of shit for it. Met him a few times too. I think I'll take my memory over the denial of a convicted criminal and asshole who never did or said anything that wasn't entirely out of self-interest, which is what Nagin is.

My point was really that Blastoff is trying to take a good story about taking care of vets and turn it into a political dig. And that's a bullshit tactic so I called it out. In actual fact it doesn't even matter.

So what you made the first political dig at post #2. Hyopcrite

In a US first, New Orleans finds homes for all its homeless veterans

In a US first New Orleans finds homes for all its homeless veterans#.

Progress?

I sometimes think it is reported that there are 18.5 million vacant homes in America. Many are in habitable condition. I say would it be wise to give these homes to people?

It becomes tempting, but then comes opposition position. If we give homes away to homeless people, what is preventing other's from walking away from their home and getting a free home? Why would any buy a home then? What would have to real estate prices? Are we ready for another flood of underwater housing? What makes people think that they will take care of the home? What makes you think they will pay takes or even work?

It is tempting to say give them a home and they will get back on their feet. Most of the time they will ask for more. First it's the house, then it come utilities (Detroit), then it come no property taxes (Detroit), then it comes food etc.

So what you made the first political dig at post #2. Hyopcrite

Did I now.
Quote it.

ScratchHead.gif

Why are you inflating it? They "eliminated" a portion of homelessness so small that it's nearly invisible against the big picture.

ScratchHead.gif

Why are you inflating it? They "eliminated" a portion of homelessness so small that it's nearly invisible against the big picture.

Where did I "inflate" it? You're as bad as the last assclown that couldn't make his point either. I just want to know why you want to diminish a good thing, which is what you did.

I have to say even when I lived there I didn't notice a lot of homeless vets wandering. Perhaps New Orleans already took care of them; or perhaps they made it easy to find shelter; or perhaps it was never that big a deal in the first place. Doesn't matter-- they got it done. Why should any of those be a negative?

:dunno:

ScratchHead.gif

Right, so unless we can fix it all at once, why bother??

Tell you a story I heard years ago.

There was a storm at a beach resort. The next day there were tens of thousands of starfish that had washed up on the beach. A man was walking along when he saw this little boy picking up a starfish and carrying it out to the water. He would take one out to the water and then go back and get another one. He was being careful not to harm them brittle, dehydrated animals. The beach was littered with them as far as the eye could see. The man finally asked the kids "Why are you doing this? There is no way you can get even a small percentage of them back in the water before they die from drying out. Your efforts don't make any difference at all." Kid ignored the man as he carried another one out and gently put it in the water. Then looked up and said "It made a difference to that one".

No, New Orleans did not fix the homeless problem. But they took the time and put forth the effort to make sure that there were no veterans living on the streets. They made sure all the men & women who served our country at least can live in doors. If you want to ridicule that, then continue to do so. But understand that what they did deserves applause, not derision.

ScratchHead.gif

Right, so unless we can fix it all at once, why bother??

Tell you a story I heard years ago.

There was a storm at a beach resort. The next day there were tens of thousands of starfish that had washed up on the beach. A man was walking along when he saw this little boy picking up a starfish and carrying it out to the water. He would take one out to the water and then go back and get another one. He was being careful not to harm them brittle, dehydrated animals. The beach was littered with them as far as the eye could see. The man finally asked the kids "Why are you doing this? There is no way you can get even a small percentage of them back in the water before they die from drying out. Your efforts don't make any difference at all." Kid ignored the man as he carried another one out and gently put it in the water. Then looked up and said "It made a difference to that one".

No, New Orleans did not fix the homeless problem. But they took the time and put forth the effort to make sure that there were no veterans living on the streets. They made sure all the men & women who served our country at least can live in doors. If you want to ridicule that, then continue to do so. But understand that what they did deserves applause, not derision.

:salute: ^^

Where did I "inflate" it?

In the very first response to the thread.

Your glory-glory-hallelujah-for-Democrat-politics BS tries to make it out to look like Democrat policies have achieved something stupendous and otherwise impossible.

You're as bad as the last assclown that couldn't make his point either. I just want to know why you want to diminish a good thing, which is what you did.

I'm not diminishing a good thing. I'm calling out your bullshit inflation of an event, and your efforts to paint it as some kind of victory of Democrat policies. NOLA got 200 people off the streets. That's great. But it's only 200 people. That they fixated on veterans was just or unjust, I really don't know nor do I care. But nothing is ended. Homelessness still exists. That they ended "veteran" homelessness is essentially meaningless, other than for entirely emotional appeal, and to create a false sense of conclusion.

I have to say even when I lived there I didn't notice a lot of homeless vets wandering. Perhaps New Orleans already took care of them; or perhaps they made it easy to find shelter; or perhaps it was never that big a deal in the first place. Doesn't matter-- they got it done. Why should any of those be a negative?

Why do you have to put words into people's mouths just because you got called out on being stupid?

I never said there was anything negative here, other than your bullshit mischaracterization. I am merely presenting the facts, in light of your attempts to create false sensations for the sake of political pandering. Guess you shouldn't have done that.

The shame of it is that you are cheapening the true issue here by whoring this "accomplishment" for political points. New Orleans has been making incredible strides to combat homelessness over the years, and it's all very praiseworthy. However, you are foolish to chalk it up to being due to the a "city run by Democracts." The spearhead has been the non-profit Unity of Greater New Orleans. They've been around since 1992, but the true driving force is the community as a whole who took the issue of homelessness to heart after the experiences of Hurricane Katrina.

Where did I "inflate" it?

In the very first response to the thread.

Your glory-glory-hallelujah-for-Democrat-politics BS tries to make it out to look like Democrat policies have achieved something stupendous and otherwise impossible.

So what you're saying is you're completely illiterate. Expert swimmer, reading not so much.

My first post to which you refer sailed completely over your head. It has nothing to do with "Democrat [sic] policies". It has nothing to do with politics at all. It says that the knuckledraggers who inhabit this forum will not be able to trot in here with their failed logic horror stories of "Democratic-controlled cities" --- because --- if it's really necessary to lead you through this by the proverbial hand --- this story in the OP would contradict that failed logic and thus prove that their logic fails.

IOW it's about the illogical wags who inhabit this forum. and why their illogic won't show up here.
Understand now?

:banghead:

I've made the point over and over and over and over and over around these parts that "Democratic" or "Republican" or "Liberal" or "Conservative" philosophies simply do not operate at the city level. I'm simply observing that the partisan hacks who habitually try to float the turd idea that they do, will not be able to do that here. Get it?

Jesus Christ on a Cracker, it's like teaching fucking First Grade in this place.

You're as bad as the last assclown that couldn't make his point either. I just want to know why you want to diminish a good thing, which is what you did.

I'm not diminishing a good thing. I'm calling out your bullshit inflation of an event, and your efforts to paint it as some kind of victory of Democrat policies. NOLA got 200 people off the streets. That's great. But it's only 200 people. That they fixated on veterans was just or unjust, I really don't know nor do I care. But nothing is ended. Homelessness still exists. That they ended "veteran" homelessness is essentially meaningless, other than for entirely emotional appeal, and to create a false sense of conclusion.

Why do you have to put words into people's mouths just because you got called out on being stupid?

I never said there was anything negative here, other than your bullshit mischaracterization. I am merely presenting the facts, in light of your attempts to create false sensations for the sake of political pandering. Guess you shouldn't have done that.

The shame of it is that you are cheapening the true issue here by whoring this "accomplishment" for political points. New Orleans has been making incredible strides to combat homelessness over the years, and it's all very praiseworthy. However, you are foolish to chalk it up to being due to the a "city run by Democracts." The spearhead has been the non-profit Unity of Greater New Orleans. They've been around since 1992, but the true driving force is the community as a whole who took the issue of homelessness to heart after the experiences of Hurricane Katrina.

No shit Sherlock. Why do you have to put words into people's mouths just because you got called out on being stupid?
YOU brought up "a city run by Democrats", not me. Learn to fucking read.

It has nothing to do with "Democrat [sic] policies". It has nothing to do with politics at all.

So that's why you made it about Democrats' policies. It all makes sense now. :lmao:

Times like this, it would be better for you to simply admit that you....misspoke.

Forum List

Back