In a US first, New Orleans finds homes for all its homeless veterans

Why do I get the inkling that "this is what always happens in cities run by Democrats" won't be invoked in this thread?

Cue crickets...

Why do I get the inkling that "this is what always happens in cities run by Democrats" won't be invoked in this thread?

Cue crickets...

Do you think that this measure is a "democratic change"?

"Cue Crickets"

Last edited:

Cue crickets...

Do you think that this measure is a "democratic measure"?

Of course it's democratic. But what I said was Democrats.

They have this half-baked crutch-myth they love to fall back on but in this story it would bite them in the ass. Hence the crickets. They won't touch this one.

CLEARLY what this small brain is TRYING to say is that the Democratic party today doesn't represent what it once did, just like every other party.

The problem is he jumped into a big boy conversation and didn't use knowledge but hate and disrespect and stated very little about the actual OP (topic).

I expect more from the rest of you. :cranky:

Discuss the topic...........not the Democratic Party small brains....

I'm not talking about "parties" at all.
You actually have even less an idea what the fuck I'm talking about than I even thought possible.

Utterly clueless. Or as the rest of us call it, Wednesday. Oh well. :dig:

Well done and kudos to New Orleans for taking care of our veterans.

Having lived there for a decade I'd have to say New Orleans has its share of shortcomings, but having hate in its heart has never been one of them.

I like NO in the winter around Xmas. Too sticky and stinky in the summertime.

I like NO in the winter around Xmas. Too sticky and stinky in the summertime.

Yeah, if I never am in New Orleans in the summer again I will be happy.

There is a bar at the edge of the french quarter that does a potluck thing on Thanksgiving and Xmas. We went there on Xmas day 2013. One of the best xmas meals ever!! Plus good drinks, fun music, a drunk santa, and a big crowd of new friends.

the great city of NOLA is a multi cultural city where each culture is tolerant and accepting of every other culture. We celebrate victories and mourn defeats together, Mardi Gras is a celebration of life, as is Jazz Fest, French Quarter fest, and all the others. We care about each other.

If there is any group that deserves govt care and support its our veterans, especially wounded ones. They should not have to depend on charities like Wounded Warriors (although WW does great work). The govt should care for these wounded vets as long as they live.

When are they gonna get rid of the druggies hanging out on the corners in the 9th ward?

the great city of NOLA is a multi cultural city where each culture is tolerant and accepting of every other culture. We celebrate victories and mourn defeats together, Mardi Gras is a celebration of life, as is Jazz Fest, French Quarter fest, and all the others. We care about each other.

If there is any group that deserves govt care and support its our veterans, especially wounded ones. They should not have to depend on charities like Wounded Warriors (although WW does great work). The govt should care for these wounded vets as long as they live.

For once I completely agree. Well said, both paragraphs.

While I no longer live there I do go back frequently and I always look forward to doing so.

Forum List

Back