In a Perfect World...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Care4all, May 11, 2007.

1. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,022
    Well... In an Almost Perfect World...

Wouldn't it be great if the EU and all of their countries, the UN whole heartedly, and the surrounding middle east countries around Iraq would decide that for their own personal benefit, it would be in their very best interest, to send peace keepers, and forces, and humanitarians, and electritians, and plumbers, and teachers, and doctors and nurses in to Iraq so that it could stand as a country in peace?

I know it is a dream, but man oh man, we really could use some help with our "mess ups"....

Why isn't groveling permitted? Is it a "male hormone" thing or what? I would have been on my knees already if I were President, begging for forgiveness in flubbing it and asking for help from our allies....groveling, so to say, for the help! :D

care

2. Superlative

Superlative Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The US can show no weakness.

We are a Super Power, and we are acting like one.

Apologies are for the weak.

Might Makes Right.

3. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,022

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Truly, you are clueless. Not only do you fail to make the point that 'we' are wrong, you also fail to make an argument that we should be doing differently.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Alucard

Alucard VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    What exactly are our "mess ups"...?

Besides civilian Americans poisoning the efforts I cant think of any...

6. Superlative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I guess I should have made apparent my Liberal Sarcasm.

Letting up, backing down, asking for help, saying sorry, admitting wrong,

Thats just not how the US rolls.

Especially if you look at this through the eyes of the Hawks that started this, anything short of victory is defeat, plain and simple, just check with RSR.

The US will pour money and bullets into Iraq until there is an "America Day Parade" through Baghdad.

Or we'll get it down to one or two car bombings a month, and call it even, "Iraq is safe-er than it was when we made it unsafe" Go Team!

7. Alucard

Alucard VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I like the way you take the reasons for war... wmd's... terrorists breading grounds... and change them to what works for you by the week... Making the area safer now huh?

8. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,022
    Not securing the borders with enough soldiers to keep alqaeda types out.

Releasing the Bathists in one sweap from all security forces.

Not securing and reestablishing their electricity and not giving them clean water IMMEDIATELY.

Not securing warehouses of ammunition when we first went in and allowing insurgents to use this ammunition in roadside bombs.

Not supplying the peace that is REQUIRED in a JUST WAR for the iraqi people as the occupying force.

I can go on and on but it all boils down to NEVER HAVING ENOUGH TROOPS FROM THE GET GO TO GET THE JOB DONE, properly and in the manner that the civilian Iraqi people justly deserved.

And I haven't even mentioned that we were ill prepared on "knowing" the different tribes of people that resided in Iraq and the enmity that existed.

Care

9. Superlative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I dont quite follow, sorry.

But I will tell you this, There will be no leaving Iraq, and there will be no apologizing, or asking for help.

This isnt even a war anymore it never really was, it is an occupation and has been for a long time.

The US currently occupies a nation it doesnt understand, a people it cannot understand.

We are in a country trying to spread democracy to a people who only know fighting, a people that only know religion and who only know how to be ruled by an iron fisted dictator.

The US wants someone in power that will be sympathetic to US needs, but the people of Iraq will not tolerate this if it is blatently obvious.

The US had unfounded sympathy in Iraq immediatly after 9/11,

Now the US garners unfounded hatred from a people that have been at war for more that 27 years. Fueled in part to the US. (Mujahadeen different thread)

I find it unbelievable that there are Right wingers who in their heart of hearts believe that the US did not make a concious decision to raise the threat of terrorist atrocities by invading a country and inadvertantly killing civilians in a war.

You honestly think that the 65,000 - 700,000 people killed did not have some kind of family?
    A family that if is still alive, most likely blames the US.

A family that only knows war and religion and that as long as they have been able to understand, the US has had a boot on their neck.

Iran has a population in which nearly all ar under the age of 25?

Can you understand this?

All of their parents are dead from fighting.

These people grow up hard fast and strong.

If the US stays, it must endure whatever it takes until pease is achieved.

If the US leaves, it must take responsibility for the chaos that has been created and try to do right by fixing it.

What will happen? I dont know. and I dont have any answers, the variables are too great.

Everyone can argue till the Mujahadeen come home, but the fact of the matter is the US is occupying another country and alot of people are dying as a result.

There seems to be no going forward or going back at this very moment.

So we wait.

And we dont say sorry until we absolutely have to, and we cant tell everyone we did the right thing until it all works out.

10. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,022
    Ahhh, sarcasm... still too new to determine "such" from all of you, but I will get there! :)

Care