In 2016, Cars Killed THREE TIMES MORE More People Than All Kinds of Guns Combined

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Liberals, here is a fact that will surely cause you to organize massive protests to demand immediate action: In 2016, cars killed three times more people than did all kinds of guns combined. The death tolls:

Cars: 37,461
Handguns: 7,105
Unknown Gun Types: 3,077
Rifles: 374
Shotguns: 262
"Other" Guns: 186

By the way, more people were killed by knives (1,604) and clubs and hammers (472) than were killed by rifles and shotguns (636). Knives, clubs, and hammers killed 2,076 people, while rifles and shotguns killed 636.

Murder - number of victims by weapons used 2016 | Statistic

USDOT Releases 2016 Fatal Traffic Crash Data

So, liberals, is the car carnage just "the price we pay" for private car ownership? Are you gonna get over your car fetish and do something about this slaughter? Similarly, what are you going to do about the thousand-plus stabbings per year? Surely it is time for us to get serious about knife control? Right? Right? Right?

I was wondering how long it would take for some moron to make this stupid fucking argument. I have to say, it took longer than I thought.
/——-/ You Libs have selective outrage, always have and always will.

This is true, I am selectively outraged at ignorance. Which is why you piss me off so much

I was wondering how long it would take for some moron to make this stupid fucking argument. I have to say, it took longer than I thought.

This is true, I am selectively outraged at ignorance. Which is why you piss me off so much
/——/ As usual you don’t know what you’re talking about. Selective outrage is when the media or a group of people becomes completely hysterical over what one person or group of people says or does (usually Conservatives), but ignores and/or censors when others (Non-Conservatives) say or do similar or worse things.

Oh, and the requirement to be trained and licensed to operate...totally cool with that too.

Yeah, let's treat guns like cars.
/——-/ And I could buy twin 50 cals, the equalivant to a Hell Cat.
Yup...but you'd pay out the nose for the insurance, you'd have to get a special license too which would require additional training. I'm down with that.

/——/ As usual you don’t know what you’re talking about. Selective outrage is when the media or a group of people becomes completely hysterical over what one person or group of people says or does (usually Conservatives), but ignores and/or censors when others (Non-Conservatives) say or do similar or worse things.

So, in your small little world "selective outrage" only applies to the media or political groups. Fuck, it has to suck to live in such a small, closed little world.

Oooh.....you mean like absolutely having a fit and falling into it over Obama's golfing but ignoring the record setting amount of golf played by crooked Donnie Small Hands?

I was wondering how long it would take for some moron to make this stupid argument. I have to say, it took longer than I thought.

Why is it stupid? As public transportation zealots will tell you, there are alternatives to private car ownership. Explain why the argument is stupid. You don't like the argument because it exposes the silly nature of your argument against guns.

And how about the fact that knives kill more people than rifles and shotguns? If you wanna ban rifles, including assault rifles, because of their death toll, why not ban private knife ownership or limit the knives that people can own to 1-inch blades? People could always get their meat, bread, and veggies sliced at the store. This would be a small price to pay to save so many human lives, right?

Liberals, here is a fact that will surely cause you to organize massive protests to demand immediate action: In 2016, cars killed three times more people than did all kinds of guns combined. The death tolls:

By the way, more people were killed by knives (1,604) and clubs and hammers (472) than were killed by rifles and shotguns (636). Knives, clubs, and hammers killed 2,076 people, while rifles and shotguns killed 636.

So, liberals, is the car carnage just "the price we pay" for private car ownership? Are you gonna get over your car fetish and do something about this slaughter? Similarly, what are you going to do about the thousand-plus stabbings per year? Surely it is time for us to get serious about knife control? Right? Right? Right?

Is your point that we should never try to make something safer as long as we can find something else less safe?

lol, you're too stupid to own a gun.

I was wondering how long it would take for some moron to make this stupid argument. I have to say, it took longer than I thought.

Why is it stupid? As public transportation zealots will tell you, there are alternatives to private car ownership. Explain why the argument is stupid. You don't like the argument because it exposes the silly nature of your argument against guns.

And how about the fact that knives kill more people than rifles and shotguns? If you wanna ban rifles, including assault rifles, because of their death toll, why not ban private knife ownership or limit the knives that people can own to 1-inch blades? People could always get their meat, bread, and veggies sliced at the store. This would be a small price to pay to save so many human lives, right?

If you want to compare cars and guns,

then we should register guns, require a license to use one, require insurance to use one, and require multiple tests before you can legally use one.

eh?

OP you assume the goal of gun control is reducing the number of people killed by guns, its not that's why logical arguments fall on deaf ears. The left attack gun owners because its something their political opponents on the right cherish, they are that petty and small. So feed them all the facts you want it will make no difference.

Actually( what ever political leaning position you inhabit) mortality kills more....Let's blame God...

Why is it stupid? As public transportation zealots will tell you, there are alternatives to private car ownership. Explain why the argument is stupid.

It is stupid because when it was determined that too many people were dying on our roadways we didn't just say, "well, this is the price of freedom and there is nothing we can do about it". We passed common sense laws from speed limits to safety features on cars to a higher requirement to get a license. And the result is that the number of deaths has been steadily declining since a high in the late 60s early 70s thanks to those common sense laws.

It is stupid because you are comparing apples to hand grenades. Last year, Americans drove over 3 trillion miles. There is nothing to compare to this in the realm of firearms.

And this is coming from a firm defender of the 2nd amendment.

Why is it stupid? As public transportation zealots will tell you, there are alternatives to private car ownership. Explain why the argument is stupid.

It is stupid because when it was determined that too many people were dying on our roadways we didn't just say, "well, this is the price of freedom and there is nothing we can do about it". We passed common sense laws from speed limits to safety features on cars to a higher requirement to get a license. And the result is that the number of deaths has been steadily declining since a high in the late 60s early 70s thanks to those common sense laws.

It is stupid because you are comparing apples to hand grenades. Last year, Americans drove over 3 trillion miles. There is nothing to compare to this in the realm of firearms.

And this is coming from a firm defender of the 2nd amendment.

Some facts:

* Highway deaths increased from 2015 to 2016.

* Even with all the safety features and speed limits, etc., tens of thousands of people die each year in car accidents.

* Cars are also used as weapons and even in terrorist attacks a times, as we have seen in the last two years alone.

* Go talk to public transportation extremists and you will be told that you are complicit in manslaughter for supporting private car ownership because there are, they say, feasible alternatives.

* Guns serve useful, valid purposes, such as recreation and self-defense. At least hundreds of people each year defend themselves or ward off would-be attackers with a gun. Some people use guns to hunt some of the food they eat.

* You say your side has never said car deaths are the price we pay for private car ownership, but (1) that is, in effect, the position you're taking, and (2) you accuse conservatives of casually dismissing gun deaths as "the price we pay" for gun ownership.

* I noticed you skipped over the issue of stabbing and blunt-object deaths, which in 2016 more than doubled the deaths caused by rifles and shotguns.

* So what if Americans drive trillions of miles each year. Is that worth 30,000-plus deaths per year, not to mention 1-million-plus serious injuries? Again, go chat with some public transportation zealots. There are alternatives, albeit expensive ones.

So the argument is not stupid. It's just that you don't like it because it exposes the irrational and illogical argument against private gun ownership.

Forum List

Back