2018 is over...cars still kill more people than mass public shooters do, so we must ban cars.....

Not shoot outs.....Law abiding people who show or even draw their guns and the criminals run away instead of raping, beating, robbing or murdering the gun owner......

You really don't understand this topic...yet you continue to post about it....

So a usage isn’t a gun being used. Zero logic.
Meanwhile we still have 30,000 gun deaths per year.

The majority of which are suicides

Imagine how many would survive if they only had less lethal means available to them….

imagine how many would die if they didn't have lethal means to protect themselves.

Ive never owned a gun. Neither did my parents; none of my siblings do. Somehow we’ve all managed to live well passed middle age without having one in the house. Perhaps our situation is different but I really doubt it.

Somehow we’ve all managed to live well passed middle age without having one in the house.

and I, and my deceased parents, have lived full lives, without the need to use the firearms we have in our homes.

Thing is, something happens, we could defend ourselves .

you, on the other hand...

Imagine how many would survive if they only had less lethal means available to them….

imagine how many would die if they didn't have lethal means to protect themselves.

Ive never owned a gun. Neither did my parents; none of my siblings do. Somehow we’ve all managed to live well passed middle age without having one in the house. Perhaps our situation is different but I really doubt it.

Somehow we’ve all managed to live well passed middle age without having one in the house.

and I, and my deceased parents, have lived full, without the need to use the firearms we have in our homes.

Well, that is what we pay the cops for. But I see your point. Good for you.

As actual research shows, most cases of self defense with a gun never end up with the weapon being fired, the criminal runs away.....those don't make news stories......and even the ones that do, rarely make it to the national level.

Here....the actual research into self defense with guns....including the Centers for Disease Control and the Department of Justice..if you don't like their numbers, complain to them...

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

So are you going to show us the 15, 30, 150 links to these defensive uses? I mean, there are shoot-outs happening 3,000 times a day…right? Oh wait, you’re full of shit.

Not shoot outs.....Law abiding people who show or even draw their guns and the criminals run away instead of raping, beating, robbing or murdering the gun owner......

You might have a point except for Japan, Korea and China.....where they have extreme gun control, where only criminals and cops can have guns, yet their suicide rates are way higher than ours....

And this...from actual research that shows you are wrong on this too...

Fact Check, Gun Control and Suicide

There is no relation between suicide rate and gun ownership rates around the world.

According to the 2016 World Health Statistics report, (2) suicide rates in the four countries cited as having restrictive gun control laws have suicide rates that are comparable to that in the U. S.: Australia, 11.6, Canada, 11.4, France, 15.8, UK, 7.0, and USA 13.7 suicides/100,000. By comparison, Japan has among the highest suicide rates in the world, 23.1/100,000, but gun ownership is extremely rare, 0.6 guns/100 people.

Suicide is a mental health issue. If guns are not available other means are used. Poisoning, in fact, is the most common method of suicide for U. S. females according to the Washington Post (34 % of suicides), and suffocation the second most common method for males (27%).

Secondly, gun ownership rates in France and Canada are not low, as is implied in the Post article. The rate of gun ownership in the U. S. is indeed high at 88.8 guns/100 residents, but gun ownership rates are also among the world’s highest in the other countries cited. Gun ownership rates in these countries are are as follows: Australia, 15, Canada, 30.8, France, 31.2, and UK 6.2 per 100 residents. (3,4) Gun ownership rates in Saudia Arabia are comparable to that in Canada and France, with 37.8 guns per 100 Saudi residents, yet the lowest suicide rate in the world is in Saudia Arabia (0.3 suicides per 100,000).

Third, recent statistics in the state of Florida show that nearly one third of the guns used in suicides are obtained illegally, putting these firearm deaths beyond control through gun laws.(5)

Fourth, the primary factors affecting suicide rates are personal stresses, cultural, economic, religious factors and demographics. According to the WHO statistics, the highest rates of suicide in the world are in the Republic of Korea, with 36.8 suicides per 100,000, but India, Japan, Russia, and Hungary all have rates above 20 per 100,000; roughly twice as high as the U.S. and the four countries that are the basis for the Post’s calculation that gun control would reduce U.S. suicide rates by 20 to 38 percent. Lebanon, Oman, and Iraq all have suicide rates below 1.1 per 100,000 people--less than 1/10 the suicide rate in the U. S., and Afghanistan, Algeria, Jamaica, Haiti, and Egypt have low suicide rates that are below 4 per 100,000 in contrast to 13.7 suicides/100,000 in the U. S.

Well...there are, on average, 1.1 million Americans each year who are not as fortunate as you and your family.....and that doesn't include all the victims who didn't have guns and so couldn't stop their own rape, robbery or murder.....they aren't lucky like you.

and I, and my deceased parents, have lived full, without the need to use the firearms we have in our homes.

Well, that is what we pay the cops for.

how many times will you be shot waiting for the cops to arrive?

Let me guess...

you have Life insurance, Car insurance. Home insurance...

and you depend on cops to protect your life...

smart....

:cuckoo:

Yes...tell that to the Parkland Survivors...where the cops didn't save them though they were on site....while the FBI states that when armed civilians confront mass shooters they have a 94% success rate at stopping the attack and/or reducing injuries and deaths.

So are you going to show us the 15, 30, 150 links to these defensive uses? I mean, there are shoot-outs happening 3,000 times a day…right? Oh wait, you’re full of shit.

You might have a point except for Japan, Korea and China.....where they have extreme gun control, where only criminals and cops can have guns, yet their suicide rates are way higher than ours....

There is no relation between suicide rate and gun ownership rates around the world.

According to the 2016 World Health Statistics report, (2) suicide rates in the four countries cited as having restrictive gun control laws have suicide rates that are comparable to that in the U. S.: Australia, 11.6, Canada, 11.4, France, 15.8, UK, 7.0, and USA 13.7 suicides/100,000. By comparison, Japan has among the highest suicide rates in the world, 23.1/100,000, but gun ownership is extremely rare, 0.6 guns/100 people.

Suicide is a mental health issue. If guns are not available other means are used. Poisoning, in fact, is the most common method of suicide for U. S. females according to the Washington Post (34 % of suicides), and suffocation the second most common method for males (27%).

Secondly, gun ownership rates in France and Canada are not low, as is implied in the Post article. The rate of gun ownership in the U. S. is indeed high at 88.8 guns/100 residents, but gun ownership rates are also among the world’s highest in the other countries cited. Gun ownership rates in these countries are are as follows: Australia, 15, Canada, 30.8, France, 31.2, and UK 6.2 per 100 residents. (3,4) Gun ownership rates in Saudia Arabia are comparable to that in Canada and France, with 37.8 guns per 100 Saudi residents, yet the lowest suicide rate in the world is in Saudia Arabia (0.3 suicides per 100,000).

Third, recent statistics in the state of Florida show that nearly one third of the guns used in suicides are obtained illegally, putting these firearm deaths beyond control through gun laws.(5)

Fourth, the primary factors affecting suicide rates are personal stresses, cultural, economic, religious factors and demographics. According to the WHO statistics, the highest rates of suicide in the world are in the Republic of Korea, with 36.8 suicides per 100,000, but India, Japan, Russia, and Hungary all have rates above 20 per 100,000; roughly twice as high as the U.S. and the four countries that are the basis for the Post’s calculation that gun control would reduce U.S. suicide rates by 20 to 38 percent. Lebanon, Oman, and Iraq all have suicide rates below 1.1 per 100,000 people--less than 1/10 the suicide rate in the U. S., and Afghanistan, Algeria, Jamaica, Haiti, and Egypt have low suicide rates that are below 4 per 100,000 in contrast to 13.7 suicides/100,000 in the U. S.

Still no links to the alleged now 1,700 defensive gun uses that have taken place today so far?
I’m not hearing any gunshots outside of he hacienda right now. I guess they’re all using silencers?

Still no links to the alleged now 1,700 defensive gun uses that have taken place today so far?
I’m not hearing any gunshots outside of he hacienda right now. I guess they’re all using silencers?

Here you go....another look at the actual research......

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

--------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

Let me guess...

smart....

Well…so far so good. LOL.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Hey, it’s your stat…just back it up with some actual uses… It’s now the middle of the day, there should have been 1,700 or so gunfights going on. Some of them must have made the news somewhere. Right? Lets see some links. Oh, wait…. your stat is bull shit

Let me guess...

smart....

Sounds like a blind man walking along the edge of a cliff

Let me guess...

smart....

Not worried. Living in fear is no way to live.

2018 is finally over, and for another year, just about everything else kills more people than mass public shooters do...but anti gunners still won't call to ban cars...swimming pools, or gravity....

We don't have the CDC reports on fatal injuries yet, or even 2017, so we will simply have to compare 2018 mass public shooting deaths to the 2016 totals.......

Deaths from mass public shootings in 2018....

77..... I didn't count the 3 victims from the Chicago Hospital shooting because that wasn't a "mass public shooting" but a domestic dispute.....there is a difference....

So... 77 people killed by mass public shooters in 2018......

Now, some context...

knife murders.....2009-2013.....More people are killed with knives than by mass public shooters.

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

More people are killed accidentally in cars, than by mass public shooters....and ladders, and poison, and gravity, and lack of air, and drugs..........

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Car.......38,748

falling off of ladders.....300

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786

Drug over dose deaths (2017) 70,237

More people are killed with empty hands, than by mass public shooters.....from the FBI for 2017....

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467
Go right ahead and stop driving.

2018 is finally over, and for another year, just about everything else kills more people than mass public shooters do...but anti gunners still won't call to ban cars...swimming pools, or gravity....

We don't have the CDC reports on fatal injuries yet, or even 2017, so we will simply have to compare 2018 mass public shooting deaths to the 2016 totals.......

77..... I didn't count the 3 victims from the Chicago Hospital shooting because that wasn't a "mass public shooting" but a domestic dispute.....there is a difference....

Now, some context...

knife murders.....2009-2013.....More people are killed with knives than by mass public shooters.

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

More people are killed accidentally in cars, than by mass public shooters....and ladders, and poison, and gravity, and lack of air, and drugs..........

Car.......38,748

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786

More people are killed with empty hands, than by mass public shooters.....from the FBI for 2017....

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

Cars serve multiple other purposes other than to maim or kill. I welcome any efforts you want to introcude to require the same licensing and registration for guns as are required for cars.
And I don't think the OP thought this true....think of all the restrictions on cars and driving we have now for safety reasons......restrictions he'd fight tooth and nail to keep from happening to gun ownership.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Hey, it’s your stat…just back it up with some actual uses… It’s now the middle of the day, there should have been 1,700 or so gunfights going on. Some of them must have made the news somewhere. Right? Lets see some links. Oh, wait…. your stat is bull shit

Here are a few that made the news...

Customer shoots armed robber in his ‘head area’ at south Wichita gas station, police say

“A customer was in line when four individuals came in at gunpoint and demanded money,” he said. “The citizen also got robbed and the citizen pulled a gun and shot at the suspects.”

Several shots were reportedly fired, but it is unknown whether the suspects returned fire, police said.

At least one of the suspects was shot and was still at the crime scene when officers arrived. He was taken to a hospital in critical condition after he was shot once in the head, Halloran said.

The three other suspects — described by police as young males — were last seen running east on 31st Street South.

h
ttps://www.breitbart.com/border/2018/12/30/texan-used-gun-to-save-wife-from-two-armed-robbers-says-sheriff/

A Katy, Texas, man used his gun to stop two armed robbers from stealing his wife’s purse when they came out of a grocery store. The man shot both of the alleged robbers, causing them to flee.

Woman Kills Escaped Prisoner Who Kicked Her Door In

For one South Carolina woman, that fear became all too real, until she used her Second Amendment rights to rewrite the script.

An inmate who had escaped minutes earlier from a county jail in South Carolina was shot and killed by a woman after he kicked in her back door, the local sheriff said.

The inmate was still in his orange jail jumpsuit and had grabbed a knife sharpening tool from the woman’s kitchen in Pickens as he headed toward her bedroom around 3 a.m. Tuesday, Pickens County Sheriff Rick Clark said.

Home Invader Shot, Killed By Woman Headed For Church

A Detroit home invader was shown the error of his ways, this past weekend, however. Unfortunately for him – and fortunately for the rest of society – this scumbag won’t have a chance to learn from his mistakes.

Detroit police say a man who invaded a home on the city’s west side has been fatally shot by one of the residents.

They say a 75-year-old, a 55-year-old and her 29-year-old daughter were leaving for church about 10:30 a.m. Sunday when a man confronted them in the home’s driveway and forced them back inside.

“They were accosted by an unknown male, someone they had never seen before. The male grabbed onto the women by the coat. The woman got loose, she went into her house,” an unidentified police officer told WXYZ. “It appears that this person was not known, either to the mother or the daughter.”

Now, some context...

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

Car.......38,748

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

Cars serve multiple other purposes other than to maim or kill. I welcome any efforts you want to introcude to require the same licensing and registration for guns as are required for cars.
And I don't think the OP thought this true....think of all the restrictions on cars and driving we have now for safety reasons......restrictions he'd fight tooth and nail to keep from happening to gun ownership.

We have just as many if not more on guns.... even criminals can buy cars, criminals are prohibited from buying guns.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Customer shoots armed robber in his ‘head area’ at south Wichita gas station, police say

“A customer was in line when four individuals came in at gunpoint and demanded money,” he said. “The citizen also got robbed and the citizen pulled a gun and shot at the suspects.”

Several shots were reportedly fired, but it is unknown whether the suspects returned fire, police said.

At least one of the suspects was shot and was still at the crime scene when officers arrived. He was taken to a hospital in critical condition after he was shot once in the head, Halloran said.

The three other suspects — described by police as young males — were last seen running east on 31st Street South.

h
ttps://www.breitbart.com/border/2018/12/30/texan-used-gun-to-save-wife-from-two-armed-robbers-says-sheriff/

A Katy, Texas, man used his gun to stop two armed robbers from stealing his wife’s purse when they came out of a grocery store. The man shot both of the alleged robbers, causing them to flee.

For one South Carolina woman, that fear became all too real, until she used her Second Amendment rights to rewrite the script.

An inmate who had escaped minutes earlier from a county jail in South Carolina was shot and killed by a woman after he kicked in her back door, the local sheriff said.

The inmate was still in his orange jail jumpsuit and had grabbed a knife sharpening tool from the woman’s kitchen in Pickens as he headed toward her bedroom around 3 a.m. Tuesday, Pickens County Sheriff Rick Clark said.

A Detroit home invader was shown the error of his ways, this past weekend, however. Unfortunately for him – and fortunately for the rest of society – this scumbag won’t have a chance to learn from his mistakes.

Detroit police say a man who invaded a home on the city’s west side has been fatally shot by one of the residents.

They say a 75-year-old, a 55-year-old and her 29-year-old daughter were leaving for church about 10:30 a.m. Sunday when a man confronted them in the home’s driveway and forced them back inside.

“They were accosted by an unknown male, someone they had never seen before. The male grabbed onto the women by the coat. The woman got loose, she went into her house,” an unidentified police officer told WXYZ. “It appears that this person was not known, either to the mother or the daughter.”

No…your stat is that there are 3,000 defensive gun uses per day, every day. Your links are from last week and last month. It’s a ridiculous stat that nobody except you believes is true.

All I’m asking is that you show us 2% of the uses via links. I know not all *giggle* 3,000 will be covered since a) they aren’t happening and b) no newsroom has that many reporters. But I’m sure you could show us 30 stories from today that made the news of a gunfight in anywhere’sville USA. We’re at 1,875 uses so far according to you. Still no gunfire outside of the old window there. I’m about to run and get a Sub…perhaps I’ll see one of these gunfights on the way to the restaurant? LOL

Let me guess...

smart....

Not worried. Living in fear is no way to live.

Great story....

did the guy survive the fall?

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

h

No…your stat is that there are 3,000 defensive gun uses per day, every day. Your links are from last week and last month. It’s a ridiculous stat that nobody except you believes is true.

All I’m asking is that you show us 2% of the uses via links. I know not all *giggle* 3,000 will be covered since a) they aren’t happening and b) no newsroom has that many reporters. But I’m sure you could show us 30 stories from today that made the news of a gunfight in anywhere’sville USA. We’re at 1,875 uses so far according to you. Still no gunfire outside of the old window there. I’m about to run and get a Sub…perhaps I’ll see one of these gunfights on the way to the restaurant? LOL

and again, most defensive gun use doesn't make the news.....when it does it is local, and doesn't make it where it is easily found.....You have 17 studies showing actual research into defensive gun use....by both private and government researchers... The Centers for Disease Control research shows 1.1 million defensive gun uses each year, the Department of Justice research, specifically conducted to refute Dr. Gary Kleck's research, found 1.5 million defensive gun uses on average each year, then you have the 15 other studies....

If you have a complaint, go to them.... you guys want the CDC to do more gun research, but when it doesn't match what you believe, you don't want it anymore...

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

h

and again, most defensive gun use doesn't make the news.....when it does it is local, and doesn't make it where it is easily found.....You have 17 studies showing actual research into defensive gun use....by both private and government researchers... The Centers for Disease Control research shows 1.1 million defensive gun uses each year, the Department of Justice research, specifically conducted to refute Dr. Gary Kleck's research, found 1.5 million defensive gun uses on average each year, then you have the 15 other studies....

If you have a complaint, go to them.... you guys want the CDC to do more gun research, but when it doesn't match what you believe, you don't want it anymore...

Drove halfway cross town; no shoot outs. I imagine 99% of the nation had the same experience casting more bullshit onto your stat….which is now suddenly 1.5 million; it used to be 1.1 million. Too damn funny.

Defensive gun uses are only “uses” if the gun is used….

Forum List

Back