Import (more) doctors and nurses

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
IMPORT (MORE) DOCTORS AND NURSES.

We have always had a shortage of doctors that take Medicare and Medicaid. Obamacare will not change that. Right Wing doctor who oppose Obama and Obamacare say they will stop taking Medicare patients because they don’t support anything Obama does any way on anything.
The majority of doctors, nurses and medical staff in hospitals, clinics, rehab centers and rest homes are foreign born any way. Most american doctors are in private business and specialties.
If american doctors stop taking Medicare and Medicaid patients import “more” foreign doctors, nurses and aids. If american doctors do not take Medicare patients, foreign doctors will put them out of business. See how fast the scare mongering of Right wing doctors take Medicare patients.

The irony here is that we tend to import foreign doctors the same we way produce domestic doctors: by letting them take residency slots after they graduate from medical schools. But who pays for the majority of residency training in the United States? Medicare.

Never thought a doctor would be a job an American won't do.

There is a real push from Canada and China right now to lure American Doctors away. The Chinese especially are offering the moon, and tax free income, to Doctors (mainly highly specialized surgeons) who will provide their services in China.

They are not happy at all about the recent attack on Obamacare. That was their meal-ticket to a better, broader medical services base.

I assume doctors from out side are under the same restrictions ala H1B visas as the rest.....no we don't ant to allow more educated folks to come here, that would make to much sense.

The irony here is that we tend to import foreign doctors the same we way produce domestic doctors: by letting them take residency slots after they graduate from medical schools. But who pays for the majority of residency training in the United States?

Medicare.

and???? you're cutting medicare aren't you?

I'm cutting Medicare? Personally? :lol:

Anyway, IME and DGME funds aren't going down under reform. In fact, through additional funding, rule changes, and alterations in the distribution of slots, if anything it stands to create more residents over the next decade.

Last edited:
The irony here is that we tend to import foreign doctors the same we way produce domestic doctors: by letting them take residency slots after they graduate from medical schools. But who pays for the majority of residency training in the United States?

Medicare.

and???? you're cutting medicare aren't you?

I'm cutting Medicare? Personally? :lol:

well I get mixed up sometimes....

Anyway, IME and DGME funds aren't going down under reform. In fact, through additional funding, rule changes, and alterations in the distribution of slots, if anything it stands to create more residents over the next decade.

oh so THOSE funds will be safe...got it....

Forum List

Back