Impeach or not impeach, that is the question.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
On a cold December day in 1998, a Republican lead house impeached President Clinton.
Even though 31 Democrats joined the Republicans in voting to impeach, I certainly viewed it as partisan.
I thought the whole things was a sad joke. He was being impeached because he lied to Congress, covering up an affair. Not covering up some nefarious wrong against the citizens of this country. But covering up an affair with an intern.
What Clinton did was wrong (the affair). It showed a substantial lack of character and bad judgement placing himself in that position. But to impeach a nationally elected President for that? No. I don't think for 2 seconds the framers ever imagined such a thing.
And now Trump. A Democrat led house impeached President Trump. 100% partisan vote. And the resulting acquittal was 99.9% partisan vote.
Now of course both sides are going to claim it was partisan - a witch hunt by one side, a cover up by the other.
IF WE ARE TO HEAL AS A NATION WE NEED TO FORGET BOTH.

Instead we need to reexamine impeachment. Clinton had an affair. How many Presidents before him also have? Trump reportedly wanted to capitalize on funds provided to a foreign government to get something he wanted. I am here to bet you almost every other President has done the same thing! And Trump didn't even follow through!
To impeach a sitting United Stated President, OBVIOUSLY whatever he/she is being impeached for - it should be something that is truly bad that NO serious person would argue against. Either side.

On a cold December day in 1998, a Republican lead house impeached President Clinton.
Even though 31 Democrats joined the Republicans in voting to impeach, I certainly viewed it as partisan.
I thought the whole things was a sad joke. He was being impeached because he lied to Congress, covering up an affair. Not covering up some nefarious wrong against the citizens of this country. But covering up an affair with an intern.
What Clinton did was wrong (the affair). It showed a substantial lack of character and bad judgement placing himself in that position. But to impeach a nationally elected President for that? No. I don't think for 2 seconds the framers ever imagined such a thing.
And now Trump. A Democrat led house impeached President Trump. 100% partisan vote. And the resulting acquittal was 99.9% partisan vote.
Now of course both sides are going to claim it was partisan - a witch hunt by one side, a cover up by the other.

Instead we need to reexamine impeachment. Clinton had an affair. How many Presidents before him also have? Trump reportedly wanted to capitalize on funds provided to a foreign government to get something he wanted. I am here to bet you almost every other President has done the same thing! And Trump didn't even follow through!
To impeach a sitting United Stated President, OBVIOUSLY whatever he/she is being impeached for - it should be something that is truly bad that NO serious person would argue against. Either side.
You're hoping for rational thought and honest introspection in politics? Really? :rofl: :lmao: :rofl:

No Clinton committed the crime of perjury during a lawsuit deposition...….get it correct, which is an actual crime, which Trump did NOT do...….an actual crime......

I thought the whole things was a sad joke. He was being impeached because he lied to Congress...
Clinton was impeached because he, unquestionably, committed two federal felonies while in office

You know, if you were to look back in history and look at the other impeachments that have happened, they were completely partisan when the vote got to the Senate. In previous impeachments, the Senate never voted against their own party when it came to the president's removal.

Romney is the first Senator to ever vote like that.

You're hoping for rational thought and honest introspection in politics? Really? :rofl: :lmao: :rofl:
Yeah I get real stupid sometimes.

After Clinton's impeachment and subsequent acquittal in the Senate, he said this:

“Now that the Senate has fulfilled its constitutional responsibility, bringing this process to a conclusion, I want to say again to the American people how profoundly sorry I am for what I said and did to trigger these events and the great burden they have imposed on the Congress and on the American people..."

President Trump on the other hand, does not need to offer an apology. He did nothing wrong.

No Clinton committed the crime of perjury during a lawsuit deposition...….get it correct, which is an actual crime, which Trump did NOT do...….an actual crime......
I didn't say Clinton committed no crime, he did.
I am saying it wasn't an impeachable crime.
Removing a sitting President should be a big fucking deal. Biggest thing in decades.
And engaging in such a massively important engagement shouldn't be over hiding an affair.

Same with Trump. The Democrats put party politics over country to undertake such a thing over a President saying he wanted to do something, and in the end didn't do it. And even that was based on OTHER people saying that is what he wanted to do.

My point is both occasions were whole levels below what it should take to remove a sitting, duly elected leader of a nation.

We are not going to heal as a nation. Not as long as the NON-productive half of the country wants to mooch off the productive half of the country. Not as long as half the country WORKS for a living and the other half of the country VOTES for a living.

There is no healing. There is no compromising. No cooperation. This is a war.

Pick a side.

well again, to be fair, it exposed him for a blackmail event. just saying.

You know, if you were to look back in history and look at the other impeachments that have happened, they were completely partisan when the vote got to the Senate. In previous impeachments, the Senate never voted against their own party when it came to the president's removal.
Romney is the first Senator to ever vote like that.
Andrew Johnson
10 Republicans and 9 Democrats voted to acquit, for each article voted on.

Last edited:

We are not going to heal as a nation. Not as long as the NON-productive half of the country wants to mooch off the productive half of the country. Not as long as half the country WORKS for a living and the other half of the country VOTES for a living.

There is no healing. There is no compromising. No cooperation. This is a war.

Pick a side.
Uh huh.... "a house divided shall never stand"

I didn't say Clinton committed no crime, he did.
I am saying it wasn't an impeachable crime.
Removing a sitting President should be a big fucking deal. Biggest thing in decades.
And engaging in such a massively important engagement shouldn't be over hiding an affair.

Same with Trump. The Democrats put party politics over country to undertake such a thing over a President saying he wanted to do something, and in the end didn't do it. And even that was based on OTHER people saying that is what he wanted to do.

My point is both occasions were whole levels below what it should take to remove a sitting, duly elected leader of a nation.

Ok, it's a rational, logical position, I can respect that.....

Clinton was acquitted of an actual crime -

Trump was acquitted of no actual crime -

you cant make that shit up .......... :auiqs.jpg:

That is not the topic, the differences between the two. Which, yes, exists.
Rather what do they both share.
I say, that neither were impeachable.
DO we really want to set a precedent in this country where the leader is impeached commonly for minor offenses?

DO we really want to set a precedent in this country where the leader is impeached commonly for minor offenses?
Perjury and obstruction - both federal felonies - are minor offenses?
How are they less of an offense than bribery?
If not perjury and obstruction, what ARE impeachable offenses?

Clinton did commit actual crimes. He was already under a financial investigation known as "Whitewater." That same year, Paula Jones sued him, accusing him of sexual harassment. And we all know that "All women must be believed."

Then in 1998, during Jones' case, Clinton denied under oath that he'd ever had an affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky. Clinton testified over the allegations that he'd committed perjury by lying about his affair with Lewinsky. Then he finally admitted to having an affair with Lewinsky.

In other words, Clinton had lied to a grand jury, that he had committed perjury by denying his relationship with Lewinsky, and that he had obstructed justice.

President Trump on the other, did nothing but try to uphold an Obama-era anti-corruption treaty with Ukraine. If like you say that he was attempting to interfere with Biden's election, why is Biden failing so badly in the polls? If Biden was treated so unfairly, wouldn't he be getting much more support from the Democrat voters?

I now, it's crazy, I don't make shit up, don't have to...

nah, we want a potus that stonewalls anything and everything except his base kissing his fat ass -

Clinton did commit actual crimes.

Tru Dat...

Federal Law Against Adultery https://laws.findlaw.com/US/327/711.html sections of the Federal Criminal Code apply to the reservation, including not only the Assimilative Crimes Act, but also those making penal the offenses of rape, 4 assault with intent to [327 U.S. 711, 714] commit rape,5 having carnal knowledge of a girl,6 adultery7 and fornication. 8 years; ... and when such act is committed between a married man and a woman who is unmarried, the man shall be deemed guilty of adultery.' Criminal Code, 316, 35 Stat. 1149, 18 U.S.C. 516, 18 U.S.C.A. 516. [Footnote 8] 'If any unmarried man or woman commits fornication, each shall be fined not more than $100, or imprisoned not more than six months.' Criminal Code, 318, 35 Stat. 1149, 18 U.S.C. 518, 18 U.S.C.A. 518. Adultery: (1887) 24 Stat. 635, in connection with the amendment of bigamy statutes; (1909) 35 Stat. 1149.

Infidelity and Adultery Laws and Court Decisions - ICSWorld™ Since 1967

Forum List

Back