Impeach Obama' groups pop up on Facebook

This is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard! Like Retired said there is nothing to impeach him for and good luck trying to when the Democrats control congress!
And hey lets waste all the money again like we did with Clinton, our debt needs to get even bigger!

This is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard! Like Retired said there is nothing to impeach him for and good luck trying to when the Democrats control congress!
And hey lets waste all the money again like we did with Clinton, our debt needs to get even bigger!

you haven't figured out yet that his game isn't to "inform", it's to instigate?

He's mildly amusing, I guess, although a bit insane.

there is a difference here
the fringe might be pushing for this
but have you noticed that everyone else has been putting it down because we actually understand what is and what ISNT an impeachable offense
unlike many on the left that have been calling for Bush's impeachment for the past years?

why does anyone wish the sitting president does poorly...dont you realize you are betting against yourself....we need to all move forward and hope he does well....

why does anyone wish the sitting president does poorly...dont you realize you are betting against yourself....we need to all move forward and hope he does well....
while SOME might, i dont think the majority of conservatives are
what it is is we expect he will do the things he campaigned on, and those things will be bad news for the country as a whoie

yeah, i'm sure you disagree
but that might just be a learning thing you have to go through

there is a difference here
the fringe might be pushing for this
but have you noticed that everyone else has been putting it down because we actually understand what is and what ISNT an impeachable offense
unlike many on the left that have been calling for Bush's impeachment for the past years?
Yes I do understand it is right wing nuts, I don't think I mentioned anything saying I thought it was not! And as for Bush, I don't think I have ever said I wanted him impeached either unless you can for being an idiot. Plus it wouldn't matter if he did do anything to be impeached to me, I saw how well all that worked when they tried to impeach Clinton. Like I said in my other post there is no reason to waste the money on it and I thought the same thing a year ago and before.

Yes I do understand it is right wing nuts, I don't think I mentioned anything saying I thought it was not! And as for Bush, I don't think I have ever said I wanted him impeached either unless you can for being an idiot. Plus it wouldn't matter if he did do anything to be impeached to me, I saw how well all that worked when they tried to impeach Clinton. Like I said in my other post there is no reason to waste the money on it and I thought the same thing a year ago and before.
you said above that "we shouldnt waste the money"
that sounds like you think he has done something worthy of impeachment but dont think its a wise thing to do because of the cost
sorry, but i dont think hes done anything stupid, and even if he did, thats NOT impeachable

you said above that "we shouldnt waste the money"
that sounds like you think he has done something worthy of impeachment but dont think its a wise thing to do because of the cost
sorry, but i dont think hes done anything stupid, and even if he did, thats NOT impeachable
I said he was an idiot and I do think he has done a few stupid things but not impeachable. And I said we shouldn't waste the money, nothing else either way. Therefore the opinion I was stating was we don't need to waste the money but hey we can argue about this forever. I personally don't care. He is my President even though I don't like him but he still is and will be for the next few months and I will live with that like I have for the last eight years.

I suggest that the Impeach Obama effort be chaired by Sore Loserman and Ralph Nader two pathetic losers.

Why would I want him to do well implementing an economic and social agenda I consider destructive?

because if he succeeds economically we all benefit from it. and if he fails on his own merits, you benefit and get power back.

act like this for the next four years and your party will be ground into dirt because you'll prove that you put party before country and couldn't care less about the U.S.

Why would I want him to do well implementing an economic and social agenda I consider destructive?

If he does as he said he would IT is destructive. Raising taxes on Business dries up revenue and causes a LOSS in jobs. Raising taxes in a recession leads to a Depression.

He plans to drive Coal fired electric plants out of Business, that is 60 percent of our electrical grid. He is opposed to new drilling for oil or natural gas and wants to destroy those industries also. All this with absolutely NO replacement for them in existance.

He wants to use taxes and regulations to drive the cost of things he does not like up so high they will go bankrupt.

Yet he claims he is gonna balance the Budget, create trillions in new entitlement programs and pay down the deficit. Anyone that actually believes that is possible has to be high on something. Ohh he doesn't believe it is possible either, he admits he won't balance the budget before 2012, you know after he can not be President anymore.

Then there is his supposed plan to pay for all the entitlements. Why he is gonna scour, yes SCOUR the budget for programs we don't need and cut them. Mind you a President can not cut ANYTHING from the Budget, only Congress can. Can anyone tell me the last time Congress cut anything from the Budget except military procurement?

And he claims while destroying business he will create millions of new jobs. Of course he claims they will be GREEN jobs. Or maybe he just plans to hire millions for his civilian security force?

First, you have no idea what kind of economic and social agenda he will implement. You are still reading from your talking points. Bitch and moan after he has done something you disagree with.

Second, you still give Bush a free pass and now we are facing the worst economic disasters in our lifetime, we are in two wars that with the one we should have been in totally fucked up, we have a president who has signed over 700 signing orders, we have the upper rich CEOs in corporations who will be bailed out with our money, we have a president who admits to breaking the law, and your bitching about what Obama hasn't done yet. You are a hippo crit.

I would like to use the words of Illeana Ros Leithcen, a Republican from Miami, who said in 2000, "We won, you lost, get over it."

But rather than her pathetic partisan shit, "We as Americans won, the haters lost, try and live with that."

This is the last time I will waste any more font on your "exclusives".:funnyface:

If he does as he said he would IT is destructive. Raising taxes on Business dries up revenue and causes a LOSS in jobs. Raising taxes in a recession leads to a Depression.

Once again if you look at his plan it will be a net tax cut. 2% of small business will face higher taxes, the rest will get a tax cut.

He plans to drive Coal fired electric plants out of Business, that is 60 percent of our electrical grid. He is opposed to new drilling for oil or natural gas and wants to destroy those industries also. All this with absolutely NO replacement for them in existance.

He wants to use taxes and regulations to drive the cost of things he does not like up so high they will go bankrupt.

Yet he claims he is gonna balance the Budget, create trillions in new entitlement programs and pay down the deficit. Anyone that actually believes that is possible has to be high on something. Ohh he doesn't believe it is possible either, he admits he won't balance the budget before 2012, you know after he can not be President anymore.

First off the best economist in the US believe Obama's plan to be superior to Bush or McCain's. From Volckler to Buffet I think they understand what will drive the economy and our not high on something. No one can balance the budget by 2012, various independent agencies have shown time after time it will take nearly 10 years for this too happen. McCain is the only wizard who somehow knows something everyone else doesnt when he says he can balance the budget in 4 years.

Then there is his supposed plan to pay for all the entitlements. Why he is gonna scour, yes SCOUR the budget for programs we don't need and cut them. Mind you a President can not cut ANYTHING from the Budget, only Congress can. Can anyone tell me the last time Congress cut anything from the Budget except military procurement?

And he claims while destroying business he will create millions of new jobs. Of course he claims they will be GREEN jobs. Or maybe he just plans to hire millions for his civilian security force?

The people who believe in Obama's plan are not high on something, they are just former federal reserve chairmans and the majority of top economist around the world.
Where the candidates’ positions are more clearly articulated, Mr Obama scores better on nearly every issue: promoting fiscal discipline, energy policy, reducing the number of people without health insurance, controlling health-care costs, reforming financial regulation and boosting long-run economic growth. Twice as many economists think Mr McCain’s plan would be bad or very bad for long-run growth as Mr Obama’s. Given how much focus Mr McCain has put on his plan’s benefits for growth, this last is quite a repudiation.

Eighty per cent of respondents and no fewer than 71% of those who do not cleave to either main party say Mr Obama has a better grasp of economics. Even among Republicans Mr Obama has the edge: 46% versus 23% say Mr Obama has the better grasp of the subject.

Examining America's presidential candidates | Examining the candidates | The Economist

Last edited:
Obama has said he is in favor of off shore drilling if that isn't the only thing we do. We need to get on the alternative sources of energy today.

He is also for clean coal technology. It can be done without bankrupting the industry. Bush was for industry period regardless of what they did to our environment.

Obama will institute a net TAX CUT!!

Obama's tax plan cuts taxes "for 95 percent of all working families."
Barack Obama on Wednesday, September 17th, 2008 in Elko, Nev.

A credit for workers cuts taxes for middle class

With a plummeting stock market grabbing headlines, Barack Obama tackled the economy in a speech in Elko, Nev.

"Change means a tax code that doesn’t reward the lobbyists who wrote it, but the American workers and small businesses who deserve it," Obama said. He then went through a litany of his tax proposals, including, "I will cut taxes — cut taxes — for 95 percent of all working families."

We've checked out many claims on taxes. It's a subject area that's ripe for distortion and attack.

But with this affirmative claim, Obama appears to be on solid ground.

The linchpin here is Obama's tax credit for workers, which is intended to offset payroll taxes. Single people can qualify for a $500 credit; married people filing together could get $1,000.

Obama wants to roll back the Bush tax cuts for people who make $200,000 or more if single and $250,000 or more as a married couple. His tax credits would phase out as they approach these incomes.

Most people, though, don't make more than $200,000. In fact, according to Internal Revenue Service statistics, about 97 percent of all filers made less than that.

Now it's into the nitty-gritty. Obama said his tax plan would reduce taxes for 95 percent of working families. We consulted the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, which has created detailed models for how each candidate's tax proposal would affect American taxpayers. The center's complex model includes the indirect effects of certain tax policies, such as Obama's proposed rate increase for corporations.

The Tax Policy Center's analysis does not specifically look at the subset of tax filers who are "working families." But the center can make the following statements about Obama's tax proposal, said principal research associate Bob Williams:

• 95 percent of all tax filers (working and nonworking) will get a cut in their individual income taxes.

• 95 percent of all families with children (working and nonworking) will get a cut in their total federal taxes.

Every taxpayer has different individual circumstances, but if you make less than $200,000 a year and you work, we can't see how your taxes would go up under Obama's proposals. IRS data show that 97 percent of tax filers make less than $200,000, so there are even two percentage points worth of leeway there. We rate Obama's statement True.

UPDATE: Since we published this item, the Tax Policy Center researched how Obama's tax proposals would affect workers. They concluded 94.3 percent of workers would receive a tax cut under Obama's plan; read their research here. This item was also updated to include information on Obama's tax credit phase out.
PolitiFact | A credit for workers cuts taxes for middle class

Economist who endorse Obama plan.
Larry Summers, former Treasury Secretary source Wikipedia bio
Alan Blinder, former Vice-chairman of the Federal Reserve source Wikipedia bio website
Jared Bernstein, Economic Policy Institute labor economist source bio
James Galbraith, University of Texas macroeconomist source Wikipedia website
Paul Volcker, Chairman of the Federal Reserve 1979-1987 source Wikipedia
Gene Sperling, former White House economic adviser source Wikipedia
Robert Rubin, former Treasury Secretary source Wikipedia bio
Economists for Obama: The List: Obama's Economists

Obama's tax plan cuts taxes "for 95 percent of all working families".

Will someone please tell me how you give a Federal Income Tax Cut to the 40% of Tax filers who do not pay Federal Income Tax?

:eusa_wall:

Forum List

Back