Impact Of Illegal Immigration An “exaggeration”

Ravi, You told me, I told you...OK, I will be nice. Again, you astonish me. You are trying to legitimize illegal aliens because of a that "zero birth rate" junk ? Come on now, and you have the chutzpa to ask me for "Statistics"? America doesn't owe it to Mexico or any one else a freebie immigration because they CAN"T control their birth rate, for that mater. Care to counter?
Oh, they breed like rabbits? wtf?

Squishi...I said nothing of the sort. IMO, their "negative" impact is an exaggeration. I've never seen credible evidence that they cost the US more than they give the US. The closest I ever got was a GAO report that admitted within the report that their figures were based on media reports.

Up until now I honestly don't see an OVERALL negative impact on the entire country. Up until now the economy absorbed them and IMO it would have cost a lot more to deport them and build a bubble around the country. Now that the economy is not doing well, many of them are going home. The market is regulating itself, how funny is that?

Be my guest. Prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they contribute less than they take and that it would be cost effective to put the country in a bubble.

Ravi , Ravi ravi. The Effect these "people" have, well, gosh, it's just great. Forgive me for "whining", I have been threatened, harassed , chased, intimidated and whatnot, it's hard to tell what IS positive here anymore. I HAVE BULLETS IN MY HOUSE. I have had people killed outside my home, by these...JERKS .Fill me in, explain that away , make all that bad stuff just...magically go away. Yep. Then, I wil feel so much better being told how bad I am for being a victim, and for noticing your protagonists are not as kind and humane as YOU expect me to be. I forgive you, Ravi, for you know not what THE HELL you are talking about. It shows. How much worse can it get? I don't think you really have dealt with this, because it shows. I think you are EXAGGERATING just how much you know about this whole issue.

Maybe it is something you're doing, Squishi. Just a thought.

Anywho, hysterical rants on a message board do not make proof.

Up until now I honestly don't see an OVERALL negative impact on the entire country. Up until now the economy absorbed them and IMO it would have cost a lot more to deport them and build a bubble around the country. Now that the economy is not doing well, many of them are going home. The market is regulating itself, how funny is that?

Be my guest. Prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they contribute less than they take and that it would be cost effective to put the country in a bubble.

But, but, but they're brown!And and they talk funny! :eek:

Maybe it is something you're doing, Squishi. Just a thought.

Anywho, hysterical rants on a message board do not make proof.

Ravi: Is this the best you can do? You ask questions, then mock the answer? I am being honest, you are just a jerk. You are no better than the people you hate....Me, that's clear whom YOU hate, you hypocrite. Best I can call you. You post like, what, 209 post, I think you are posing to an audience. All ego and nowhere to go from there. What is more important, the truth or your little ego?

Skydancer: Who is shooting at me? I would like to know. I don't own a firearm. Never have. I am no threat to any honest citizen. I think that might be the problem...This area, it's a f*cking free for all. For all of you that DON'T have to deal with this in real life...I envy you.

I don't hate you, Squishi. I merely would like you to present some facts. You cannot do it, I see.

Also, you just admitted you don't know who is shooting at you but you blame the evil Mexicans. I think you are the one with a hate issue.

5 million illegal aliens who should not have been sold homes, defaulted on their mortgages they did not quality for last year taken advantage of by greedy and corrupt lenders was a direct impact on our failing economy.

I'd like to see cthe evidence supporting this charge

Frankly, I seriously doubt this is true.

I'd like to see cthe evidence supporting this charge

Frankly, I seriously doubt this is true.
Google search Wells Fargo and Citi lending to illegal aliens.

Anyone would be hardpressed to get an absolute count on how often this practice is done or how many years it has been going down. It does make perfect since though Wells Fargo is very unscrupulous and they do count every dime they can get into their mitts. Citi has many of the Norwest aka Wells Fargo crew working in their head policy making positions.

For every dollar a bank actually has in it, they can loan ten or visa verse borrow ten. The illegals are a great source of adding to the cash on hand at these banks.

2005 Business week...." Wells Fargo has half a million matrícula accounts, a majority of them ...:

Last edited:
There was a story on NPR about these loans a couple of weeks ago. I believe the loans are called TIN loans, TIN being tax identification number. Up until now the loans were repaid at a higher rate than loans made to American citizens, so I seriously doubt loans made to immigrants are responsible for the downfall of the economy.

That said, banks should be able to loan money to whoever they wish as long as they are willing to accept the risk and not pass it on to the general public.

Skydancer: Who is shooting at me? I would like to know. I don't own a firearm. Never have. I am no threat to any honest citizen. I think that might be the problem...This area, it's a f*cking free for all. For all of you that DON'T have to deal with this in real life...I envy you.

silver-

I'm sorry to hear about what its like for you to live in your neighborhood now. I moved to a safe area, but I once lived in an area with alot of violence and was on the recieving end of vandalism and assault. I fought it for awhile, it just made me angry. Eventually, I moved. I do not regret the decision to move--even though, initially, it felt as though I'd been defeated in war.

Skydancer: Thank you. Glad you got away from it. I don't have anywhere else I can move to and the way this economy is going, I may not have a job or a home next year. Things look a little bleak. But, hey, it's darkest before dawn, so they say.

Skydancer: Thank you. Glad you got away from it. I don't have anywhere else I can move to and the way this economy is going, I may not have a job or a home next year. Things look a little bleak. But, hey, it's darkest before dawn, so they say.
Mexico is pretty cheap I hear.

:razz:

Just take CA for example! It is said that if CA stop providing free healthcare, education, welfare and section 8 to illegals then they would have a balance budget! Absolutely amazing! But CA fucked! First they have sanctuary cities, but there is no way around it for the politician. If the politician comes out against it or illegal aliens, the large latino population and bleeding heart dumb ass libs will vote there sorry butts out of office. I personally believe CA is destined to become part of Mexico, same with AZ and NM!

Mexico is pretty cheap I hear.

:razz:

Ravi, you certainly know cheap, alright. Cheap shots. Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth? You seem to relish painting everyone that doesn't agree with you with a really BROAD brush. We all have a voice here. OK, I sound like an obnoxious know- it- all jerk with a chip on my shoulder, I admit it. You, well you are a perfect human being or what? You are here because...fill in the blank , Be honest, why are you here? Your are also quite obnoxious and sound like you have something to prove. What is that?

Ravi: You made me think about a lot of things here. Truth, proof and statistics and all that. I know just how important being an eyewitness is, I have been involved in the legal system as both a plaintiff and a juror. I am an eyewitness to the changes in the society over the last 25 years. Back then "Immigration" wasn't an issue. Well, flash forward, 14 million uninvited illegal migrants, later. Some of you think that is an exaggeration? That is quite an exaggeration, to pretend THAT is normal. The area I live in has been inundated with illegal aliens. The Kicker here? I live four miles from the
governor's mansion occupied by Governor Bill Ritter.Ya know, " MR. Exageration". Now, he's a native too, and if he hasn't noticed the changes, he's a damned liar. I don't have any statistic for you, RAVI to prove my point. Hell, I can't prove YOU exist based on the standard, either. But, here you are. And My testimony stands based on that same standard. Most courts would accept that. I could look up all sorts of statistics, you would counter with your own sources and then call mine biased or what not, solving nothing, that's the little game most people like to play here. Well, I just give you my eyewitness testimony. That is all I got. You?

Ravi: You made me think about a lot of things here. Truth, proof and statistics and all that. I know just how important being an eyewitness is, I have been involved in the legal system as both a plaintiff and a juror. I am an eyewitness to the changes in the society over the last 25 years. Back then "Immigration" wasn't an issue. Well, flash forward, 14 million uninvited illegal migrants, later. Some of you think that is an exaggeration? That is quite an exaggeration, to pretend THAT is normal. The area I live in has been inundated with illegal aliens. The Kicker here? I live four miles from the
governor's mansion occupied by Governor Bill Ritter.Ya know, " MR. Exageration". Now, he's a native too, and if he hasn't noticed the changes, he's a damned liar. I don't have any statistic for you, RAVI to prove my point. Hell, I can't prove YOU exist based on the standard, either. But, here you are. And My testimony stands based on that same standard. Most courts would accept that. I could look up all sorts of statistics, you would counter with your own sources and then call mine biased or what not, solving nothing, that's the little game most people like to play here. Well, I just give you my eyewitness testimony. That is all I got. You?

Squishi: I have agreed with your OP dude (Ritter) that the IMPACT of illegal immigration is grossly exaggerated. It is my opinion that it is not possible to tell if the immigrants have had a positive or negative overall impact on the country. I would like to know the truth of the matter.

For example, it is not credible that 5 million illegal immigrants have defaulted on their loans. I'm not even sure if 5 million illegal immigrants own their own homes in this country. If that is true, the are certainly contributing more to the economy than anyone previously claimed.

That is what I mean by the issue being grossly exaggerated. The fact that more brown people are running around your neighborhood isn't the issue. The impact on the economy is the issue.

I don't think we can fully measure the impact, though it appears more negative than positive:

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office reviewed 29 reports published over 15 years on the impact of unauthorized immigrants on the budgets of state and local governments. While cautioning that the reports are not a suitable basis for developing an aggregate national effect across all states, they concluded that:[12]

• State and local governments incur costs for providing services to unauthorized immigrants and have limited options for avoiding or minimizing those costs
  • The amount that state and local governments spend on services for unauthorized immigrants represents a small percentage of the total amount spent by those governments to provide such services to residents in their jurisdictions
  • The tax revenues that unauthorized immigrants generate for state and local governments do not offset the total cost of services provided to those immigrants, although the impact is most likely modest.
  • Federal aid programs offer resources to state and local governments that provide services to unauthorized immigrants, but those funds do not fully cover the costs incurred by those governments.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/87xx/doc8711/12-6-Immigration.pdf

This is what I worry about, though, since I work for a significant amount of time with lower income urban communities:

Research by George Borjas (Robert W. Scrivner Professor of Economics and Social Policy at Harvard University), Jeffrey Grogger (the Irving Harris Professor in Urban Policy in the Harris School at the University of Chicago), and Gordon H. Hanson (the Director of the Center on Pacific Economies and Professor of Economics at UCSD) found that a 10-percent immigrant-induced increase in the supply of a particular skill group reduced the black wage by 4.0 percent, lowered the employment rate of black men by 3.5 percentage points, and increased the incarceration rate of blacks by almost one percent. [28]
Immigration and African-American Employment Opportunities: The Response of Wages, Employment, and Incarceration to Labor Supply Shocks

As long as Americans are still struggling (and they are), I don't really believe we should be allowing illegal immigration to increase their challenges. These impacts are also felt by native Hispanics, Native Americans, poor whites, and others. The economic impact of illegal immigration is the greatest on the poorest Americans.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back