I'm the Mormon guy

Ah yes! I love being a minority! A MAJOR minority. At least no one can say I am some sheltered Utahn who hasn't seen the world.

I refer you to my new thread The Truth About Mormons. I am sure there aren't too many Black republicans around San Francisco either!

As long as your a Mitt Romney fan your OK with me! Not too many mormons in Chicago, but the 2 I knew didn't vote for Romney! :wtf:

If the guy wasn't by far the best candidate to see us through the financial mess were in then I might understand, but since he was...:eek:

So you're the guy on the left. Gotcha.

southpark.gif

i think you are witnessing and trying to convert...is that gonna be the way of it or what?

i have already read your other thread and have since you began it....you are just off a two year mission to south africa i take it...your religion shuns does it not?

welcome to the board...so far you have been very interesting to read...

i think you are witnessing and trying to convert...is that gonna be the way of it or what?

i have already read your other thread and have since you began it....you are just off a two year mission to south africa i take it...your religion shuns does it not?

welcome to the board...so far you have been very interesting to read...

I'll tell you what. I did want to start this thread about mormons because I feel that people misunderstand us. I just want people to know the truth about us. Evangelizing or proselytizing is slightly different, where you are trying to convert people and knocking doors and such. I just want to clarify misconceptions and be understood.
I served my mission almost 7 years ago in South Africa and I miss that country a lot.

I don't think people misunderstand mormons so much as they just see them as an awfully successful cult. Especially when the majority of those who scoff are christians who are not about to hear of some north american testement of jebus by some dude that seems to strike the same chord as the jim jones's and david koresh's of our time. It really doesn't take much to claim divinity and then collect believers. From, again, jonestown to the hale bob suicide nutters it's pretty clear that humans are gullible as hell. Now, that being said, I thought it was a damn shame that the sole factor in Mitt Romney's primary loss was his mormon faith. Lord knows that evangelicals shot themselves in the foot with that one. However, and this is the question I'll toss out here, WHY do think a non-believer of mormonism (christian or otherwise) should differentiate the origin of your church from any other y pluribus unum claim of holy insight? Sure, sure. YOU believe that the bug giy actually found golden disks and had interaction with an angel named moroni but why do you think non-mormons should make a distinction without the evidence of those golden disks? In fact, isn't it true that he was something of a sheister before locking down the dogma angle?

I understand Mormonism pretty well, and have yet to be on some kind of online forum where there wasn't a mormon prostelytizing presence. And yes, i consider your presence here to be prostelytizing.

Forum List

Back