I'm taking a stand against political correctness in my writing group...

You are an enemy.

Really? Do I get some sort of badge, or a certificate? I like to stick those to the refrigerator with those little magnets.
BULLDOG, on the day you people take over, there won't even be political forums anymore, you and your ilk will outlaw them.
That is when war becomes the political forum.

Don't be afraid, this is what these people have asked for and they will get it.

What exactly do you think I asked for, and when do you think I did that?
When you take away the ability for people to voice their opinions or even represent themselves as you leftists have done you create the scenario in which violence becomes the voice of the people.

That's not an answer to my question. That's just more mindless right wing drivel.

I met with my new group today. Two other authors also wrote about LGBT characters. I guess that's the hot topic nowadays, though I think it might be a fad.

One story was the typical girl takes girlfriend home to her traditional family to reveal she's a lesbian. The girlfriend is also black. I didn't want to say it, but we've seen this scene at least a million times in movies and TV.

The other story was a gay orgy in a hot tub scene. One guy gets off and splooges in the tub, and all the other characters jump out of the tub in disgust.

It made me wonder, wouldn't a bunch of gay guys in a hot tub be OK with splooge in a tub while having an orgy?

So the story made no sense to me.

The Education Officer pointed out this as something I said as offensive:

I described one of my characters as a "straight woman who experiments with lesbianism."

She said, that phrase might "offend" some in the LGBT community.

Imagine that.

They are there to help you. If you don't want their help, then pack your shit and go. Why are you having a childish tantrum?
They want to "help" me the way a cop wants to "help" a suspect when he tells him it will go easier for him if he tells his side of the story.

Are you completely insulated from what's happening in the world?

The political correctness Nazis are taking over everything. They've taken over the universities, the law schools and the medical schools. They've taken over the writers' rooms in Hollywood and New York. Now, they're going after writers groups as unimportant as mine.

The reason they're winning is that not enough people are fighting them, because most people are cowards and don't want to make waves.

What's ironic here is that if I had a book full of nothing but straight, white, cis characters, these people would be no threat to me.

So, they're actually TARGETING the people who are TRYING to be inclusive.

Did you go into your childish rant about Nazis with them too? I suspect you won't need to make a choice anyway. They will probably kick your crazy ass out of the program anyway. Grow up you big baby.
Ya know, crackrook's a jerk but since when was it a good idea to enable people who have deep seated emotional and esteem problems by catering to them because OMG they might be offended? By not sending them to get the help they need? That's another problem with today's society, the asylum inmates are running the show........ If something someone says or writes offend you, see a shrink don't try to dictate to the rest of society.

Last edited:

I described one of my characters as a "straight woman who experiments with lesbianism."

Imagine that.

They are there to help you. If you don't want their help, then pack your shit and go. Why are you having a childish tantrum?
They want to "help" me the way a cop wants to "help" a suspect when he tells him it will go easier for him if he tells his side of the story.

The political correctness Nazis are taking over everything. They've taken over the universities, the law schools and the medical schools. They've taken over the writers' rooms in Hollywood and New York. Now, they're going after writers groups as unimportant as mine.

The reason they're winning is that not enough people are fighting them, because most people are cowards and don't want to make waves.

What's ironic here is that if I had a book full of nothing but straight, white, cis characters, these people would be no threat to me.

Did you go into your childish rant about Nazis with them too? I suspect you won't need to make a choice anyway. They will probably kick your crazy ass out of the program anyway. Grow up you big baby.
Ya know, crackrook's a jerk but since when was it a good idea to enable people who have deep seated emotional and esteem problems by catering to them because OMG they might be offended? By not sending them to get the help they need? That's another problem with today's society, the asylum inmates are running the show........ If something someone says or writes offend you, see a shrink don't try to dictate to the rest of society.

You bring up an interesting point, but I don't see how that applies in that dumb asses case. He joined their writing group. They didn't seek him out to critique his writing.

Imagine that.

You bring up an interesting point, but I don't see how that applies in that dumb asses case. He joined their writing group. They didn't seek him out to critique his writing.
I assume he's trying to do diversity training in reverse....... :dunno:

Well, I'm still writing but it's been a while since I've been to a group. It doesn't seem worth it to read maybe six pages to a group when I've got over 300,000 words to get through. I figure, at this pace it would take ten years to read through what I've written.

I have a beta reader but he doesn't get my work. He wants me to take all the sex scenes out of the book, but the sex scenes are the POINT of the book, it's not really a space opera, it's a book about sexual relationships disguised as a space opera.

As a delayed effect of taking a stand against the "diversity workshop" I got kicked out of another writer's group.

This is how it starts, but it ends with arrests at 3:00 a.m., torture, and death camps.

As a delayed effect of taking a stand against the "diversity workshop" I got kicked out of another writer's group.

This is how it starts, but it ends with arrests at 3:00 a.m., torture, and death camps.

I really doubt anything will end that way, but it can get better as soon as you seek qualified psychological help to help you deal with your paranoia. People aren't out to hurt you. They are just uncomfortable when you start saying insane things.

It is pretty obvious the way the far left wants it to go.

I really doubt anything will end that way, but it can get better as soon as you seek qualified psychological help to help you deal with your paranoia. People aren't out to hurt you. They are just uncomfortable when you start saying insane things.

He said nothing "insane" and you are an asshole for saying he did.

The hate you show? That is they type of shit that leads to 3 am arrests and death camps. And you know it.

I felt I had to take a stand, and now I'm being blackballed out of another writer's group. But most people are cowards, and they won't say anything if it's not them getting attacked.

The hate you show? That is they type of shit that leads to 3 am arrests and death camps. And you know it.

He's odd, and can't get along with people, so there will be 3 am arrests and death camps. You bet bubba.

I guess they would have shut down Star Trek, what with Captain Kirk banging blue alien bitches and stuff.

They did - the original treatment featured a woman (Majel Barret?) as the Exec. Officer. It was rejected (too cerebral, too slow, not enough action). She showed up the in the recut episode - the story within the story - The cage, within The menagerie episode.

I felt I had to take a stand, and now I'm being blackballed out of another writer's group. But most people are cowards, and they won't say anything if it's not them getting attacked.

The people doing the black balling, are incredible and cowardly assholes.

He's odd, and can't get along with people, so there will be 3 am arrests and death camps. You bet bubba.

People like you are so full of hate, that you need to demonize and marginalize people for no reason.

You don't call people "nazis" because you want to build bridges and work together. YOu say shit like that, when you want to destroy them, if not kill them.

We see your hate. We know what you are.

I don't get along with people who hold a "Diversity Workshop" whose goal it is to actually make it harder to write about diversity.

My book series features LGBT situations, not as a side-show or to meet a quota, but as up front action of the main characters.

I was not going to submit my work to busybodies who think they have a right to tell authors what they are allowed to write when portraying LGBT situations.

As an example, they told me that a straight woman experimenting with lesbianism was something that might "offend" some people.

But that's my story, about a straight woman who experiments with lesbianism. I am not going to write it out because it's a major part of my story.

By the way, I told my bisexual female writing partner that the character was straight, even though she was having sex with another woman, and she was fine with it.

I don't get along with people who hold a "Diversity Workshop" whose goal it is to actually make it harder to write about diversity.

My book series features LGBT situations, not as a side-show or to meet a quota, but as up front action of the main characters.

I was not going to submit my work to busybodies who think they have a right to tell authors what they are allowed to write when portraying LGBT situations.

As an example, they told me that a straight woman experimenting with lesbianism was something that might "offend" some people.

But that's my story, about a straight woman who experiments with lesbianism. I am not going to write it out because it's a major part of my story.

1. They are assholes for not being supportive of a want a be writer in a writing workshop.

2. And they are assholes.

Forum List

Back