I'm taking a stand against political correctness in my writing group...

By the way, I told my bisexual female writing partner that the character was straight, even though she was having sex with another woman, and she was fine with it.

If you had TEN published books, making much money, maybe then it would be time to quibble about characters being offensive to some readers, and even then, not.

But when you are trying to learn to write, to handicap the process by demanding that you practice self censorship, is the act of an asshole.

By the way, I told my bisexual female writing partner that the character was straight, even though she was having sex with another woman, and she was fine with it.

If you had TEN published books, making much money, maybe then it would be time to quibble about characters being offensive to some readers, and even then, not.

But when you are trying to learn to write, to handicap the process by demanding that you practice self censorship, is the act of an asshole.
My story, as written now, will be offensive to many, perhaps.

It is impossible to write a story that doesn't offend people unless you write about something that is totally unimportant.

I will not let my Catholic father, Catholic brother, or Catholic sister read my story because I KNOW it will offend them.

As a delayed effect of taking a stand against the "diversity workshop" I got kicked out of another writer's group.

This is how it starts, but it ends with arrests at 3:00 a.m., torture, and death camps.

I really doubt anything will end that way, but it can get better as soon as you seek qualified psychological help to help you deal with your paranoia. People aren't out to hurt you. They are just uncomfortable when you start saying insane things.

He said nothing "insane" and you are an asshole for saying he did.

The hate you show? That is they type of shit that leads to 3 am arrests and death camps. And you know it.

He's odd, and can't get along with people, so there will be 3 am arrests and death camps. You bet bubba.

People like you are so full of hate, that you need to demonize and marginalize people for no reason.

You don't call people "nazis" because you want to build bridges and work together. YOu say shit like that, when you want to destroy them, if not kill them.

We see your hate. We know what you are.

Have you ever even read your own posts? You are a hell of a person to try to talk about building bridges, you hateful bastard.

As a delayed effect of taking a stand against the "diversity workshop" I got kicked out of another writer's group.

This is how it starts, but it ends with arrests at 3:00 a.m., torture, and death camps.

I really doubt anything will end that way, but it can get better as soon as you seek qualified psychological help to help you deal with your paranoia. People aren't out to hurt you. They are just uncomfortable when you start saying insane things.

The hate you show? That is they type of shit that leads to 3 am arrests and death camps. And you know it.

He's odd, and can't get along with people, so there will be 3 am arrests and death camps. You bet bubba.
I don't get along with people who hold a "Diversity Workshop" whose goal it is to actually make it harder to write about diversity.

My book series features LGBT situations, not as a side-show or to meet a quota, but as up front action of the main characters.

I was not going to submit my work to busybodies who think they have a right to tell authors what they are allowed to write when portraying LGBT situations.

As an example, they told me that a straight woman experimenting with lesbianism was something that might "offend" some people.

But that's my story, about a straight woman who experiments with lesbianism. I am not going to write it out because it's a major part of my story.

Write what you want, but don't ask others their opinion if you are going to pout about the answer.A grown person wouldn't have to have that explained to them.

My story, as written now, will be offensive to many, perhaps.

It is impossible to write a story that doesn't offend people unless you write about something that is totally unimportant.

I will not let my Catholic father, Catholic brother, or Catholic sister read my story because I KNOW it will offend them.

Very reasonable. Bulldog's attempt to turn this around and make you the bad guy, is because he is a vile person, willing to see people destroyed in the pursuit of his ideological agenda.

People like you are so full of hate, that you need to demonize and marginalize people for no reason.

You don't call people "nazis" because you want to build bridges and work together. YOu say shit like that, when you want to destroy them, if not kill them.

We see your hate. We know what you are.

Have you ever even read your own posts? You are a hell of a person to try to talk about building bridges, you hateful bastard.

Yes, I have. Have you? Are you so stupid you don't notice the cause and effect?

I don't get along with people who hold a "Diversity Workshop" whose goal it is to actually make it harder to write about diversity.

My book series features LGBT situations, not as a side-show or to meet a quota, but as up front action of the main characters.

I was not going to submit my work to busybodies who think they have a right to tell authors what they are allowed to write when portraying LGBT situations.

As an example, they told me that a straight woman experimenting with lesbianism was something that might "offend" some people.

But that's my story, about a straight woman who experiments with lesbianism. I am not going to write it out because it's a major part of my story.

Write what you want, but don't ask others their opinion if you are going to pout about the answer.A grown person wouldn't have to have that explained to them.

A writing group is about helping people become writers.

Telling a straight man that he can't write about a woman having lesbian sex, is not helpful, that is those "persons" being assholes.

YOu know that. YOu are just lying, because you are on the side of assholes.

Telling a straight man that he can't write about a woman having lesbian sex, is not helpful, that is those "persons" being assholes.

So they stopped him from writing about anything he wants to write about? The dumb ass joined the group for their opinions and advice. If he doesn't want that, then he should quit whining and find someone he does want to listen to.

So they stopped him from writing about anything he wants to write about? The dumb ass joined the group for their opinions and advice. If he doesn't want that, then he should quit whining and find someone he does want to listen to.

The group was formed and exists to give constructive criticism and advice.

Having the purpose corrupted by vile people like you, to instead turn it into just another front in the Culture Wars, is messing with his life,

and his complaints about it, are valid.

You are lying about what is going on, because you support such vile and divisive tactics.

You are a piece of shit.

...and I'm already making enemies.

The Education Officer has invited a "diversity discussion and panel" to talk to our writer's group and that has me alarmed.

You see, I've included all sorts of diversity in my science fiction book series, a mixed bag of characters which include people of all races, species, sexual orientations, sexual identities, and what not. Foolish me, I thought that was a good thing.

Apparently not.

When "white, straight, cis males" write anyone who isn't white, straight, cis and male, apparently we need special pointers from self-appointed guidance counselors so that we can avoid "offending" people.

Today, I made a big stink about it on the group's Facebook page, telling the group I'm not going to submit my work for approval by censors.

The Vice-President of the group told me to "give it a rest" and the Education Officer tried to shut down the debate as "destructive." So I know they're both against me, because they're trying to censor the discussion.

Tell me what you think. Is this a fight worth fighting? I think it is.
Guess they have read your racist posts

The Education Officer pointed out this as something I said as offensive:

I described one of my characters as a "straight woman who experiments with lesbianism."

She said, that phrase might "offend" some in the LGBT community.

Imagine that.
I think that such can happen, a man experimenting with homosexuality and a woman experimenting with lesbianism.

You see, if you remember or heard the group from the 70's Guess Who, some of them said they experimented sex with other men. This experiment didn't cause them to become homosexuals. It was an era of drugs and change in the youngsters environment.

In your writings you are free to express your stories in accord to the personality of the characters, it is a novel.

But, you must take in consideration that others arguing about your novel might not be thinking about themselves but about others.

Lets say, I am one of the "judges" in a novel writing contest. My younger children know my position. You write your novel, and I vote in favor because the style, the easy reading of it, the events and actions which are interesting, and lots of more reasons. However, after you won the contest, my underage children told me they want to read your book, the one I vote in favor to win the contest.

Here I will have a situation. How to make my children to wait of being older in order to read your novel.

I strongly think that you must present as a motion a special category for books which actually must be allowed for adults only, whom already have a formed personality and to whom your novel might cause an influence about their sexuality but they are adults, with valid and legal consent.

You are not doing anything wrong, but like alcohol is not sold to children, you novel must be under a category other than general.

Well, now I'm being blackballed for taking a stand against the Diversity Workshop.

I resigned the writer's group, but the leader of another group begged me to stay in her group, so I did.

But then this other group's venue was changed to a gallery, and one of the members, a homosexual Hispanic who I will call Mario, disinvited me from the group because of what I did on Facebook (protest the Diversity Workshop) and also for what I did at the last meeting (nothing, he's lying) and to him (nothing, he's lying).

I called the leader of the group, and she told me because her meetings have been moved to the gallery, she no longer has control of who comes. I asked her why she didn't move the meetings back to her house and she said it would make her group look bad if she did that.

I'm having some difficulties with my reader. He says he's trying to "recover" from reading Chapter 2 of Book 7.

I'm not sure what he objects to: the incest sex scene between male and female18-year-olds (two of quadruplets), though it's revealed they've been experimenting since they were seven and having sex since twelve; OR

The scene where a man walks in to his wife's bedroom, sees she's having sex with a clone, watches passively as she reaches climax, and the clone leaves, and he makes no comment whatsoever about it.

None of this is gratuitous, it becomes a major element of the plot, which is the opposition of a faction of traditionally minded Christians to an Empire where sexual behavior of this kind has become the norm.

Forum List

Back