Im stunned: RW'ers here...Sandy Hook shootings "just part of being free"

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
USMB folks, Im literally stunned as I type this. I tried on another thread to have a real discussion about these mass shootings. I had nothing to do with political parties or that stuff. Just a real, hard talk about it. I just dont see how a country this great cant come up with SOME idea about mental health, better gun security, law enforcement, schools, religion, something to curb this.

And RW'ers on this forum jumped immediately into nothing but talking about NYC soda bans, birth control, calling me a Nazi, talking about gay AIDS and butt sex, and all sort of other stuff that I truly dont know how in the hell got put into the conversation.

It finally ended with a right winger, SniperFire, simply saying these mass shootings are "part of being free" and ended it with that, no solutions, no ideas, nothing.

So...the right wing response is that while its sad, its part of being free and just deal with it as it happens?

No. I dont accept that. I dont accept 20 kids 7 and under died like that, they never voted, never paid a tax, never made one political action in their lives, and we are told its just part of being free? No. Suicide bombins happen in Iraq, and they are not free. Its NOT simply part of being free. I dont accept that the heroic teacher Vikki Soto died for her class, and I have to simply accept it as part of being free. THAT is not what soldiers fight for us to have to tolerate. They fight so we dont have to deal with the kind of shit they see in Iraq. Cops go out and risk their lives so we can make fun of them for eating donuts and feell safe and night and now have to worry about facing down a coward like Adam...fuck him, I wont type his name.

Fuck that. I dont accept that. I dont accept that this is just "part of being free". I dont accept that we as a nation have NO ANSWER to this. And simply saying "deal with it, its part of being free" is not an answer I accept, and Im sure millions of others feel the same.

Fuck this and the people who carry out these crimes. Im tired of it, and Im ready to deal with it as a country.

Gunny said to give children gun lessons. Seriously, that idiot thinks arming the kids is a good idea. Retired gunny, thank god you are not in the service anymore.

USMB folks, Im literally stunned as I type this. I tried on another thread to have a real discussion about these mass shootings. I had nothing to do with political parties or that stuff. Just a real, hard talk about it. I just dont see how a country this great cant come up with SOME idea about mental health, better gun security, law enforcement, schools, religion, something to curb this.

And RW'ers on this forum jumped immediately into nothing but talking about NYC soda bans, birth control, calling me a Nazi, talking about gay AIDS and butt sex, and all sort of other stuff that I truly dont know how in the hell got put into the conversation.

It finally ended with a right winger, SniperFire, simply saying these mass shootings are "part of being free" and ended it with that, no solutions, no ideas, nothing.

So...the right wing response is that while its sad, its part of being free and just deal with it as it happens?

No. I dont accept that. I dont accept 20 kids 7 and under died like that, they never voted, never paid a tax, never made one political action in their lives, and we are told its just part of being free? No. Suicide bombins happen in Iraq, and they are not free. Its NOT simply part of being free. I dont accept that the heroic teacher Vikki Soto died for her class, and I have to simply accept it as part of being free. THAT is not what soldiers fight for us to have to tolerate. They fight so we dont have to deal with the kind of shit they see in Iraq. Cops go out and risk their lives so we can make fun of them for eating donuts and feell safe and night and now have to worry about facing down a coward like Adam...fuck him, I wont type his name.

Fuck that. I dont accept that. I dont accept that this is just "part of being free". I dont accept that we as a nation have NO ANSWER to this. And simply saying "deal with it, its part of being free" is not an answer I accept, and Im sure millions of others feel the same.

Fuck this and the people who carry out these crimes. Im tired of it, and Im ready to deal with it as a country.

oh well, people like you are out numbered and if you don't like it..MOVE the hell out of this country

Last edited:
Gunny said to give children gun lessons. Seriously, that idiot thinks arming the kids is a good idea. Retired gunny, thank god you are not in the service anymore.

where does giving them lessons say arming them?
you people are insane

OP feels compelled to start a new thread after having his head handed to him on the other.

Hey bucs. Question.

Are avoidable deaths due to the known practice of AIDS being transmitted via gay ass sex just something we must tolerate as part of being free?

Yeah, you get stunned easily.

These kinds of shooting aren't the result of being free. It's the result of finding excuses for sadism and normalizing the sadistic as suffering from a treatable pathology. In a truly free society, Lanza would have been dropped at the principal's office.

OP feels compelled to start a new thread after having his head handed to him on the other.

Hey bucs. Question.

Are avoidable deaths due to the known practice of AIDS being transmitted via gay ass sex just something we must tolerate as part of being free?

don't talk banning abortions either
little libby heads will explode over that one but we are suppose to tolerate it as a womeeeens choice..

I just laugh at hypocrites like the OP

Hey bucs. Question.

Im done with you. You are scum who doesnt deserve freedom. This is my last response to you and your nonsense.

Hey bucs. Question.

Im done with you. You are scum who doesnt deserve freedom. This is my last response to you and your nonsense.

oh well, a lot of us here are DONE with your spews..boring

And thank the good lord there are people with the sense of this "Gunny". If we let the progressives have their way and infect the minds of our youth at school unchallenged they'll have everyone convinced guns are evil in a couple generations. My kids were shooting their own .22s with supervision at 6yrs old and god willing I'm still alive to do the same with my grandchildren.

These kinds of shooting aren't the result of being free. It's the result of finding excuses for sadism and normalizing the sadistic as suffering from a treatable pathology. In a truly free society, Lanza would have been dropped at the principal's office.

Good point.

But, right now our society just doesnt have the political climate to fund and train an armed cop at all the entrances to our suburban schools. And...honestly, I doubt most teachers would be willing to carry a gun.

Many people dont like guns, and thats their right as Americans to be free to not carry one. Hell, we as a country owe them that freedom, to do what we have to do with other avenues to enable them to live without a gun if they feel like it.

Is that possible?

And thank the good lord there are people with the sense of this "Gunny". If we let the progressives have their way and infect the minds of our youth at school unchallenged they'll have everyone convinced guns are evil in a couple generations. My kids were shooting their own .22s with supervision at 6yrs old and god willing I'm still alive to do the same with my grandchildren.

Also very true. Guns are not evil, they are simply a tool. Like a car.

For that matter, a pit bull is not "evil". Most pit bull attacks are the dog simply doing what he thinks is protecting his property or family.

Guns, dogs, cars, etc. All can be good or bad for society depending on whose hands they are in.

Good point.

But, right now our society just doesnt have the political climate to fund and train an armed cop at all the entrances to our suburban schools. And...honestly, I doubt most teachers would be willing to carry a gun.

Many people dont like guns, and thats their right as Americans to be free to not carry one. Hell, we as a country owe them that freedom, to do what we have to do with other avenues to enable them to live without a gun if they feel like it.

Is that possible?

Why are you again trying to reason with the brainwashed? If you see enuff of the same responses then will you know it is insane to try?

Regards from Rosie

Hey bucs. Question.

oh well, a lot of us here are DONE with your spews..boring

He can't answer a question which destroys him meme.

LOL

Good point.

Is that possible?

Why are you again trying to reason with the brainwashed? If you see enuff of the same responses then will you know it is insane to try?

Regards from Rosie

You're a fine one to talk of others being brainwashed..

If you are referring to your quoting LTC Grossman's statement about how we have been desensitized to horrific violence, why don't you come out and support reining in the media and attitudes that have so greatly contributed to that state of affairs? The wholesale destruction of the moral and social structures that made such violence abhorrent and shameful is responsible for the deterioration you cite, not firearms. Evil of this caliber will not be stopped when you disable everyone else and deny them the ability to defend against it.

These idiots didn't think that 'freedom' had that much charm when they were defending racial/ethnic profiling at airports,

or opposing the building of mosques.

Yeah. I was hoping to limit this to talk regarding the incident and curbing this trend. They took it to sodas, gay sex and other stuff.

I personally think all freedoms arent created equal.

For example, Im "free" to take myself and my kids to swim in the ocean at the beach. But...if lifeguards see sharks, they'll force me out of the water.

Should I be free to take my kid into shark infested waters? Or...does a society owe it to kids to stop someone who is insane from taking kids into that water?

Silly analogy, I know. Just as silly as the right wingers equating a discussion on how to stop the mass murder of children.......to a soda ban in NYC.

Forum List

Back