Im stunned: RW'ers here...Sandy Hook shootings "just part of being free"

These idiots didn't think that 'freedom' had that much charm when they were defending racial/ethnic profiling at airports,

or opposing the building of mosques.

Yeah. I was hoping to limit this to talk regarding the incident and curbing this trend. They took it to sodas, gay sex and other stuff.

I personally think all freedoms arent created equal.

For example, Im "free" to take myself and my kids to swim in the ocean at the beach. But...if lifeguards see sharks, they'll force me out of the water.

Should I be free to take my kid into shark infested waters? Or...does a society owe it to kids to stop someone who is insane from taking kids into that water?

Silly analogy, I know. Just as silly as the right wingers equating a discussion on how to stop the mass murder of children.......to a soda ban in NYC.

But the actual issue in one of individual liberties and freedoms.

You want to ignore the real issue.

OP feels compelled to start a new thread after having his head handed to him on the other.

Hey bucs. Question.

Are avoidable deaths due to the known practice of AIDS being transmitted via gay ass sex just something we must tolerate as part of being free?

It's the liberal way: ban guns, soft drinks, salt, fats in food, whatever they deem "harmful", but give the green light to just about any perversion under the sun. Be outraged by the increasing "murder of innocents", but riot in the streets to guarantee a woman's "right" to have the innocent ripped from her womb.

OP feels compelled to start a new thread after having his head handed to him on the other.

Hey bucs. Question.

Are avoidable deaths due to the known practice of AIDS being transmitted via gay ass sex just something we must tolerate as part of being free?

Im done with you. You are scum who doesnt deserve freedom. This is my last response to you and your nonsense.

oh well, a lot of us here are DONE with your spews..boring

And to think, just a year ago Buc would have been all for gun owner rights. When he
"jumped the fence" he left no conservative thoughts. :lol:

Gunny said to give children gun lessons. Seriously, that idiot thinks arming the kids is a good idea. Retired gunny, thank god you are not in the service anymore.

And thank the good lord there are people with the sense of this "Gunny". If we let the progressives have their way and infect the minds of our youth at school unchallenged they'll have everyone convinced guns are evil in a couple generations. My kids were shooting their own .22s with supervision at 6yrs old and god willing I'm still alive to do the same with my grandchildren.

Also very true. Guns are not evil, they are simply a tool. Like a car.

For that matter, a pit bull is not "evil". Most pit bull attacks are the dog simply doing what he thinks is protecting his property or family.

Guns, dogs, cars, etc. All can be good or bad for society depending on whose hands they are in.

I love Pitts too, almost as much as my GSDs. Fantastic dogs.

Out of respect to the tens of thousands of family members of the 2996 killed during the 911 terrorist attacks I have changed my position on airplanes and box cutters.
As the OP correctly stated, I can not accept the deaths of these 2996 Americans that day and now support bans on airplanes and box cutters.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I support the legality of guns. And Im called a liberal, progressive and Nazi.

This is indeed a very frustrating day on USMB and in our nation. Millions looking for rational ideas, solutions, just anything to do something to try to stop this shit that is killing our kids. And we're met with nothing but ideology. No willingness to even have a non-partisan discussion about how we can improve this situation.

I hate to say hopeless, but with half our population harboring that attitude, yes, it may be hopeless. These massacres may indeed now be just a part of American life. NFL football, Coca Cola, Mickey Mouse, Ford truck....and mass shooting massacres.......all just staples of American life.

Im done with you. You are scum who doesnt deserve freedom. This is my last response to you and your nonsense.

And to think, just a year ago Buc would have been all for gun owner rights. When he

Hmmm. I must have missed the part where I typed that guns should be banned, anywhere, anytime, in that past year? Either that our you cant read, and jump to label someone.

I support the 2nd Amendment. I did when I supported Republicans. And I do now, since dropping the GOP.

I didnt change, the GOP did.

Back to the topic: Both the mom and that coward shooter had the right to own that Bushmaster AR15. She had a moral responsibility to keep it locked up and away from her crazy son. She didn't.

The question is...how do we prevent THAT, or improve our response?

Go ahead, answer with a liberal bashing bumper sticker quote.

These kinds of shooting aren't the result of being free. It's the result of finding excuses for sadism and normalizing the sadistic as suffering from a treatable pathology. In a truly free society, Lanza would have been dropped at the principal's office.

Good point.

But, right now our society just doesnt have the political climate to fund and train an armed cop at all the entrances to our suburban schools. And...honestly, I doubt most teachers would be willing to carry a gun.

Many people dont like guns, and thats their right as Americans to be free to not carry one. Hell, we as a country owe them that freedom, to do what we have to do with other avenues to enable them to live without a gun if they feel like it.

Is that possible?

Of course not. We don't owe anyone safety enough to live without a gun. Ask the police, their job is not to stop crime. Their job is to investigate crimes that have already occurred and apprehend the perpetrator. You have a right not to carry a gun. You have a right to be the victim of someone who intends to do you violence. After all, the criminals who sprayed their victims with lighter fluid and set them on fire didn't have guns. They didn't need guns. They had sprayers that they probably bought at Home Depot.

These things happen not because we refuse to confront guns and deprive people of their own defense. These things happen because we refuse to confront evil and deprive evil people of their freedom.

Out of respect to the tens of thousands of family members of the 911 terrorist attacks I have changed my position on airplanes and box cutters.
As the OP correctly stated, I can not accept the deaths of these 2006 Americans that day and now support bans on airplanes and box cutters.

Yep. Eventually enough is enough. We cant ban guns. That isn't any more practical than deporting 12,000,000 illegal aliens. Any realistic conversation will NOT include banning guns, because we just cant do it.

The discussion must begin with that point known. But where from there?

Hmmm. I support the legality of guns. And Im called a liberal, progressive and Nazi.

This is indeed a very frustrating day on USMB and in our nation. Millions looking for rational ideas, solutions, just anything to do something to try to stop this shit that is killing our kids. And we're met with nothing but ideology. No willingness to even have a non-partisan discussion about how we can improve this situation.

I hate to say hopeless, but with half our population harboring that attitude, yes, it may be hopeless. These massacres may indeed now be just a part of American life. NFL football, Coca Cola, Mickey Mouse, Ford truck....and mass shooting massacres.......all just staples of American life.

You want us to buy your progressive totalitarianism view - to selectively restrict freedoms on behavior you don't support and ignore even more destructive free behavior you support - to be the path forward.

You are the partisan hack here.

These kinds of shooting aren't the result of being free. It's the result of finding excuses for sadism and normalizing the sadistic as suffering from a treatable pathology. In a truly free society, Lanza would have been dropped at the principal's office.

Good point.

But, right now our society just doesnt have the political climate to fund and train an armed cop at all the entrances to our suburban schools. And...honestly, I doubt most teachers would be willing to carry a gun.

Many people dont like guns, and thats their right as Americans to be free to not carry one. Hell, we as a country owe them that freedom, to do what we have to do with other avenues to enable them to live without a gun if they feel like it.

Is that possible?

Of course not. We don't owe anyone safety enough to live without a gun. Ask the police, their job is not to stop crime. Their job is to investigate crimes that have already occurred and apprehend the perpetrator. You have a right not to carry a gun. You have a right to be the victim of someone who intends to do you violence. After all, the criminals who sprayed their victims with lighter fluid and set them on fire didn't have guns. They didn't need guns. They had sprayers that they probably bought at Home Depot.

These things happen not because we refuse to confront guns and deprive people of their own defense. These things happen because we refuse to confront evil and deprive evil people of their freedom.

Absolutely right. I think you said earlier something about how we are too nice about it. It's "mean" to label someone a nutjob and force them to be housed in a mental hospital.

I think its really possible that our country is NOT getting crazier, we just no longer house our crazy.

The left thinks it is too mean.
The right thinks it is too expensive.

The rest are left to wonder why people are dying.

These idiots didn't think that 'freedom' had that much charm when they were defending racial/ethnic profiling at airports,

Yeah. I was hoping to limit this to talk regarding the incident and curbing this trend. They took it to sodas, gay sex and other stuff.

For example, Im "free" to take myself and my kids to swim in the ocean at the beach. But...if lifeguards see sharks, they'll force me out of the water.

Should I be free to take my kid into shark infested waters? Or...does a society owe it to kids to stop someone who is insane from taking kids into that water?

Silly analogy, I know. Just as silly as the right wingers equating a discussion on how to stop the mass murder of children.......to a soda ban in NYC.

So you're saying teachers SHOULD have to train and have access to firearms for the safety of society?

I notice you didn't want to tackle abortion, which is also a murder of innocents on an epidemic scale.

So you're saying teachers SHOULD have to train and have access to firearms for the safety of society?

No, they should not be required to. But should be allowed to.

For THIS type of incident, as well as general student discipline, I think a school could use a few more ex-military and ex-police type men and women who decide to become teachers...and carry a gun to protect those kids.

But forcing teachers to carry a gun is a silly as saying we can practically ban and confiscate all guns. Neither will, or should, ever happen.

I notice you didn't want to tackle abortion, which is also a murder of innocents on an epidemic scale.

No, I didnt. Im persoally torn about that topic. As a flawed human, I cannot get a consistent viewpoint on it, so, I dont say much on abortion. I see points on both sides, and have never been in a position in which I had a personal decision with abortion to make.

Im just sick of cowards shooting up innocent crowds, and want it to stop. Whatever we can do to help stop it, Im ready to do.

I personally carry a Smith&Wesson M&P .45, and pray that should some coward try to do a mass shooting that he does it near me. I'd gladly risk my life to stop the cowardly pricks who do this shit. Thats my personal contribution to the problem, but its gonna take FAR MORE than a lot of individuals taking that action. Millions out there carry like me, and are willing to act. But...thats obviously not enough.

Good point.

Is that possible?

Teachers that won't do whatever it takes to protect the children under her care don't belong in the classroom.

Good point.

Is that possible?

Teachers that won't do whatever it takes to protect the children under her care don't belong in the classroom.

Teachers were and are willing to give their lives to protect the children the teach, don't see why those same type of teachers wouldn't be willing to train and arm themselves to do the same.

Good point.

Is that possible?

Arming teachers would require them to get CQB combat training, like soldiers and swat cops do. Bullets amongst crowds of innocent people are risky.

So, are we ready to add CQB training on top of everything else our teachers have to do? Will we have to pay them more as a result? Will unions go along with that? Its not a bad idea allowing them to do that, just asking how it would work.

for real..overnight he had a liberal awakening or lobotomy..not sure which:lol:

Good point.

Is that possible?

Arming teachers would require them to get CQB combat training, like soldiers and swat cops do. Bullets amongst crowds of innocent people are risky.

So, are we ready to add CQB training on top of everything else our teachers have to do? Will we have to pay them more as a result? Will unions go along with that? Its not a bad idea allowing them to do that, just asking how it would work.

OK. Another few classes to in a teachers education. Also part of their continuing education. Bullets coming from a teacher last week would have been safer than those from that psycho because it could have put the a-hole down before he did what he did.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back