I'm sear.

sear

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2015
Adirondack Park, NY
Greetings USMB's

I'm still a "one digit midget" here.

I'm interested in politics / current events.

I've been at various current events BBS since the previous millennium. I've been both moderator, and administrator.

I'm NOT a partisan. The standard I defend is truth, let the chips fall where they may.

I'm fascinated by interesting concepts, and enjoy learning from fellow posting members.
I try to make my posts worth reading; whether they present a perspective you share, or oppose.

And my tenure here is so brief, I haven't been able to figure out how to turn off those %$#@ smilies.

When I post:
5 : P M
I get
5:pM

I really, REALLY hate that!

Hi sear!
I think it helps for more people to have experience moderating or facilitating
especially when handling political diversity in beliefs. If we had that in
govt maybe we wouldn't have all this bullying and bulldozing going on,
but more building and collaborating in partnerships and teams,
capitalizing on our best strengths instead of tearing people down by our worst faults.

I look forward to getting past this stage and moving on to the real
work it will take to restore the economy and reform govt on a stable sustainable foundation.

I'm sure you will make valuable contributions here and add
positive support to the environment just by BEING here.

Glad to see you here, and welcome!

Emily

Emily Nghiem
Houston Progressive
http://www.houstonprogressive.net
http://www.earnedamnesty.org
http://www.ethics-commission.net

Greetings USMB's

I've been at various current events BBS since the previous millennium. I've been both moderator, and administrator.

I'm NOT a partisan. The standard I defend is truth, let the chips fall where they may.

I'm fascinated by interesting concepts, and enjoy learning from fellow posting members.
I try to make my posts worth reading; whether they present a perspective you share, or oppose.

And my tenure here is so brief, I haven't been able to figure out how to turn off those %$#@ smilies.

When I post:
I get

143829597193721_zpsbya5yohk.gif
:)

• Banned
Greetings all.

en #2:
I'm not fluent in "tea leaf" interpretation.
But because of shreds of evidence like the proliferation of religions in human cultures, I'm guessing politics, including obstructionist politics have been with humans since fire was harnessed.
The intrigue in the Roman senate may have by some standard rivaled that of our own.

I'm no fan of obstructionist politics. But it's here, in all likelihood for perpetuity.
“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president” Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)

Mitch McConnell on Obama One-Term President Robert Gibbs Video Mediaite
That means, in the minority leader's opinion, it trumps:
- the welfare of our military troops in combat
- balancing the budget
- paying off the U.S. federal debt
- domestic prosperity
- preserving U.S. national sovereignty

It is terribly sad that for so many Republicans, partisanship trumps citizenship.

Greetings USMB's

When I post:
I get

Welcome to USMB, hope you have some fun here. Get your shots before you start, you will need them.

:D

"Making %$#@ up and saying it true is the footprint of the common troll." TT
It's one indication. And we agree, you shouldn't do it.

AND

If you ever think I have, please quote me, and expose the %$#@.

But I know you won't
because I know you can't
because I know I don't.

Thanks.

Greetings USMB's

When I post:
I get

cool.welcome aboard.

"But it's not sad when that is the case for "so many" democrats?" Uk
Your premise is your conclusion. In law it's called "assuming facts not in evidence". It's one of several grounds for objecting to eye-witness testimony from the witness stand.

I don't care for double-standards, and generally avoid them. It would be equally sad, for a member of either party. But I've never heard a congressional Democrat make a serious assertion that placed his / her partisanship above citizenship.

I've already cited the example of the Minority Leader, now the Senate Majority Leader demonstrating his partisanship trumps his citizenship.
“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president” Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)

Please quote any Democrat that's ever gone on public record with a comment that promotes partisanship, subordinating citizenship.

Good luck with that.

"But it's not sad when that is the case for "so many" democrats?" Uk
Your premise is your conclusion. In law it's called "assuming facts not in evidence". It's one of several grounds for objecting to eye-witness testimony from the witness stand.

I don't care for double-standards, and generally avoid them. It would be equally sad, for a member of either party. But I've never heard a congressional Democrat make a serious assertion that placed his / her partisanship above citizenship.

I've already cited the example of the Minority Leader, now the Senate Majority Leader demonstrating his partisanship trumps his citizenship.

Please quote any Democrat that's ever gone on public record with a comment that promotes partisanship, subordinating citizenship.

Good luck with that.

Welcome to the boards, when you get out of this no flame zone, look me up on the debate floor.

Mods will most likely pull this, but your sentiment sucks and you being here hiding is wrong.

When you grow up, come find me on the floor and lets talk about this BS you are starting to fling everywhere.

Uk #14
Ridicule is not refutation.
Either post a quote, or please stop pretending you have a legitimate case.

Thank you DG for your eloquent self-introduction. I like to know which ones the trolls are. If you can refute the point, please do. But you switching to ad. hom. tells me all I need to know about you.

Enjoy the debates!

PS
"Mods will most likely pull this" DG
If they do, I'm quite likely gone. I've read the rules. I believe my posts are in compliance, even if the replies to my comments are not.
But you're more than welcome to "REPORT" me if you think you can make a persuasive case.

Uk #14
Ridicule is not refutation.
Either post a quote, or please stop pretending you have a legitimate case.

Thank you DG for your eloquent self-introduction. I like to know which ones the trolls are. If you can refute the point, please do. But you switching to ad. hom. tells me all I need to know about you.

Enjoy the debates!

PS
"Mods will most likely pull this" DG
If they do, I'm quite likely gone. I've read the rules. I believe my posts are in compliance, even if the replies to my comments are not.
But you're more than welcome to "REPORT" me if you think you can make a persuasive case.
Why are you being so thinskinned on an Introduction thread? Lighten up and get to some forums. Political would be a good starter.
BTW-----:welcome: :trolls:

"Why are you being so thinskinned on an Introduction thread?" Hf
You observe correctly, but misinterpret.
My skin is as durable as yours. But my intellect is refined enough that I usually pick up the complexities of the implications, insult and all.

They (the other poster) raise the issue, I respond. That's what polite discourse is about. This is an introduction thread. That's what I'm doing. I'm introducing myself. This is who I cyber-am!
And I'm not aware of me having exceeded the rules. We'll see what the mods think. That will determine whether I stay or go.
I'm a vehement defender of Constitutional rights. If they opt to censor me; I won't deliberately return. Thus I'll request / demand that I be permanently banned; so I don't blunder back here inadvertently.
But I have some confidence in them. If they know what they're doing, they'll recognize my uncommon skill and value to any site I post at.

Meanwhile, on witty banter; & thrust and parry, a few of my favorites:

Winston Churchill once commented to George Bernard Shaw on his thin physique:
"Just looking at you, people might believe the British Empire was ravaged by a famine."
Shaw replied:
"Just looking at you Sir people might believe you were the cause of it."

taunt to a British admiral:
"You the French, are always fighting for money, while we the English fight for honor."
Surcof replied:
"Sir, people always fight for what they don't have."

Lady Astor said to Churchill, "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea." to which Churchill responded:
"Madam, if I were your husband I would drink it." *

I hope your day is as pleasant as you are.

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.

John Wilkes (to John Montagu, the Earl of Sandwich):
- Egad sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox. -
Earl of Sandwich replied:
- That will depend, my lord, on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress. -

*This one has been debunked. But it's still charming.

Greetings USMB's

When I post:
I get

Hello, sear.
Nothing wrong with truth.
But also, nothing wrong with taking a position.

Forum List

Back