Im not the 99%; But I AM THE 47%; Thanks Romney, confirmed my Dem vote for 2012

Im not the 99%; But I AM THE 47%; Thanks Romney, confirmed my Dem vote for 2012

You said a couple of months ago you were voting for Dems all down the ticket, so how did Romney's recent comment "confirm" your vote? It didn't. You're just whining again because you have nothing else to do.

confirm - definition of confirm by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Confirm - To make firmer; strengthen:

Maybe you need to stop being an asshole now just because you don't agree with him. You've gone completely partisan, you are harping on him for the word confirm which you don't even seem to understand.

Someday the Bill will be due. And that's when the real trouble begins. Punishing successful Americans will be our downfall. They're the ones who support the Entitlement Hounds. Where do the Entitlement Hounds think the Government gets the financing for their freebies? It's from successful American Taxpayers. Without them, there would be no freebies. All this Class Warfare stuff is just cheap political Bullshite. America was not founded on punishing successful Citizens. We are definitely going down the wrong path. There will be a price to pay.

Punishing successful Americans had a secondary impact. It is a distinct warning to everyone that they better not become successful or they will be punished too. No matter how bad off you are now. No matter how hard you work or what a good idea you have, if you become successful you will be hated, despised and held up for personal derision. Not only you, but your entire family. Your parents, your spouse, your children, will all be put out there for public humiliation and attack.

Well, looks like my gut instinct was right. Local politicians started throwing cops and firemen under the bus in 2010 on the wave of the tea party drunkenness. Now, Mitt Romney flat out says he doesn't give a shit about....oh....around 150,000,000 Americans.

I wasn't part of the "99%" movement.

But I am part of the 47%. I was part of it when I was a cop. I'm part of it now in my new (and far safer) job. LOTS of military members are part of the 47%. And teachers. And firemen. And stay at home moms. And nurses. And daycare workers. And pet shelter workers. And tradesmen....carpenters, electricians, steel workers, construction workers....you know, the unsung contributors that keep America humming.

Yep. I thank Mitt Romney:clap2:

Why? Voting Democrat in 2012 was a hard choice. I made it almost purely on the anti-cop, anti-firemen trend many local GOP'ers have shifted to. But now....Romney reflected the self-satisfied, pure arrogance that many of the extreme right show now. Absolute selfishness.

And as a Christian, and an American who has lived his whole life as part of the 47%, I find that attitude disgusting.

And I salute Mitt Romney. Thats all we ever asked for out of a politician. It took some staffer at the ballroom of the $50,000-a-plate dinner to secretly record it for it to come out......but we got HONESTY. Thats all.

We know where he stands now, and where his supporters stand. Vote accordingly.

President Obama....if he wins, and I'll have voted for him.....man, you have to do better in the 2nd term. We have major problems, and you're the lesser of two evils.

You arent that bright (a cop. I'm part of it now in my new (and far safer) job. LOTS of military members are part of the 47%. And teachers. And firemen. And stay at home moms. And nurses. And daycare workers) all these people pay income taxes.

I was told that there are jobs out there if you wanted it, and the only people on unemployment are people who want to be taken care of by the government. Is that true?

I was also told that people on government assistance will obviously vote for Obama. Are you planning to vote for Obama?

There are jobs out there.
I've been applying to ALL of them for 2 1/2 months.
Problem is, for every one of me, there are hundreds of others applying for the same job.

I'm not as jaded and slanted as some of my other right wing brothers and sisters that I would degrade someone needing assistance.
There is a place for it within our system.
I just don't believe in completely relying on it, long term.
:cool:

Well good, that's called being reasonable. Your buddies have decided to label all 47% of the country that has been assisted by the government as moochers who have no interest in taking responsibility for their lives.

It's unfortunate you had to experience the real world first hand to realize what your fringe friends simply can't grasp.

I feel very fortunate. I've never been one to feel sorry for myself
It's not the first time.....about 10 years ago I spent 6 months unemployed.

Now, hopefully, it's the last time!!

I've been destitute. I've slept under overpasses.
I would never try to elevate myself over other Americans.
We all need help from time to time.

There are jobs out there.
I've been applying to ALL of them for 2 1/2 months.
Problem is, for every one of me, there are hundreds of others applying for the same job.

I'm not as jaded and slanted as some of my other right wing brothers and sisters that I would degrade someone needing assistance.
There is a place for it within our system.
I just don't believe in completely relying on it, long term.
:cool:

Well good, that's called being reasonable. Your buddies have decided to label all 47% of the country that has been assisted by the government as moochers who have no interest in taking responsibility for their lives.

It's unfortunate you had to experience the real world first hand to realize what your fringe friends simply can't grasp.

I agree completely. I feel that hard times can hit anyone, but to label half the country as wanting to live off of government or to paint anyone who has ever taken unemployment as a moocher is a very narrow minded view. Don't you agree?

I'm sorry you have had hard times, but I'm glad there was a safety net for you available to help pick you up. I to am against abusers of the system, but that doesn't mean that ALL people are moochers who receive help from time to time.

I agree completely. I feel that hard times can hit anyone, but to label half the country as wanting to live off of government or to paint anyone who has ever taken unemployment as a moocher is a very narrow minded view. Don't you agree?

I'm sorry you have had hard times, but I'm glad there was a safety net for you available to help pick you up. I to am against abusers of the system, but that doesn't mean that ALL people are moochers who receive help from time to time.

Yes, I agree.

But, truthfully, Romney's idiotic remark isn't changing my vote for him.
Line up to call me stupid for it. Whatever.

The 47% number is true.
It's true that there is a significant portion of that number that is happy to be right where they're at.
I know it stings to hear it, but man cannot live on Hope&Change alone!!

Some years back, I wouldn't have said that. I would've thought that people, in general, want to provide for their selves.
That's simply not true anymore. And I see it, even, within my own family.....my own kids!!

There is a growing number of people that honestly believe that it is our government's job to take care of them.

Well, looks like my gut instinct was right. Local politicians started throwing cops and firemen under the bus in 2010 on the wave of the tea party drunkenness. Now, Mitt Romney flat out says he doesn't give a shit about....oh....around 150,000,000 Americans.

I wasn't part of the "99%" movement.

But I am part of the 47%. I was part of it when I was a cop. I'm part of it now in my new (and far safer) job. LOTS of military members are part of the 47%. And teachers. And firemen. And stay at home moms. And nurses. And daycare workers. And pet shelter workers. And tradesmen....carpenters, electricians, steel workers, construction workers....you know, the unsung contributors that keep America humming.

Yep. I thank Mitt Romney:clap2:

Why? Voting Democrat in 2012 was a hard choice. I made it almost purely on the anti-cop, anti-firemen trend many local GOP'ers have shifted to. But now....Romney reflected the self-satisfied, pure arrogance that many of the extreme right show now. Absolute selfishness.

And as a Christian, and an American who has lived his whole life as part of the 47%, I find that attitude disgusting.

And I salute Mitt Romney. Thats all we ever asked for out of a politician. It took some staffer at the ballroom of the $50,000-a-plate dinner to secretly record it for it to come out......but we got HONESTY. Thats all.

We know where he stands now, and where his supporters stand. Vote accordingly.

President Obama....if he wins, and I'll have voted for him.....man, you have to do better in the 2nd term. We have major problems, and you're the lesser of two evils.

There is no way local elected officials could make me turn like you said they did for you. You have always been a closet obama supporter. So stop the bull shit
"Well, looks like my gut instinct was right."

Mitt really lost this election in the past few weeks he is really really screwed anyone who doesn't think that has there head in the sand.

Yes, I agree.

But, truthfully, Romney's idiotic remark isn't changing my vote for him.
Line up to call me stupid for it. Whatever.

The 47% number is true.
It's true that there is a significant portion of that number that is happy to be right where they're at.
I know it stings to hear it, but man cannot live on Hope&Change alone!!

Some years back, I wouldn't have said that. I would've thought that people, in general, want to provide for their selves.
That's simply not true anymore. And I see it, even, within my own family.....my own kids!!

There is a growing number of people that honestly believe that it is our government's job to take care of them.

Sure, there is, but is it 47% of the population? Is it anything close to that? We just talked about how you're technically part of that 47%, but you claim to not want government taking care of you. So right there we know that the 47% can't be completely accurate. It's the over generalization of many hard working, but struggling Americans that is what was wrong with his statement and everyone that agrees with what he said.

I have to say the left's reaction here is amusing. Mostly because they are confirming what Romney was saying. That there is a segment of this population that has no interest in lowering taxes because they percieve themselves as victims. In this and multiple other threads, they are claiming how they are victims of Romney's statement.

He says they are going to vote for Obama and would never consider voting for Romney. Lo and behold the die hard Obama supporters are proclaiming they are going to vote for Obama (as if that's a shock) and they cant possibly consider Romney.

He said they feel they are entitled to government hand outs. and lo and behold they declare they are entitled to government hand outs.

It's very amusing. The most amazing part is they dont see how they are proving Romney right with what they claim.

Mitt really lost this election in the past few weeks he is really really screwed anyone who doesn't think that has there head in the sand.

Only an idiot would think this is an issue surpassing the fucked up obama economy

Unfortunately, there are alot of idiots in the world.

You shouldn't beat yourself up like this. I'm sure there are things you know a lot about, you just have yet to share them with us on this site.

I have to say the left's reaction here is amusing. Mostly because they are confirming what Romney was saying. That there is a segment of this population that has no interest in lowering taxes because they percieve themselves as victims.

"They perceive themselves as..." LOL! One of the chief qualifications of being a Republican these days is that you must be an armchair shrink.

Go shit on a police cruiser, bucko,

and get back to me, when you can afford yourself.

Why would I shit on a cop car? Thats disgusting, and the people who do that disgust me. The Occupy movement disgusts me. Maybe you can't read "Im not the 99%". But I'm part of the group, mathematically, that is the 47% Mitt doesn't give a fuck about.

Yes, I can't afford to join a country club.

Yes, I'm second-homeless. And third-homeless.

No, I dont have money stored offshore. Unless you count the cash I lost in my wallet that fell overboard on a cruise back in 04.

These radical righties are pushing more and more people away from them. It's not that the Dems are attracting us. It's that shit like Mitt's attitude are making us sick, and incapapble of voting GOP.

Are you in a taxpayer funded library posting on a taxpayer funded computer that is hooked up to taxpayer funded internet being cooled by taxpayer funded air conditioning powered by taxpayer funded electricity? Just curious since you seem to be so proud to be a user of taxpayer services........ I can't imagine what an asshat cop you must have been after reading your clueless posts.

Forum List

Back