I'm listening to the news this morning...

Well duh! I'm looking for REPUBLICAN thinking here...... Something I haven't been able to relate to since Reagan, hence my asking.

It is a quite simple concept.

Anyone but Obama.

My ham sandwich wouldnt have blocked 20k jobs on a pipeline.

So would you vote for me, if it looked like doing so would guarantee an Obama defeat?

can you throw a baseball like a man? what does your golf game look like?

I'm not voting for anyone who isn't mirroring my values and desires for this country, regardless of their chance to "beat Obama". The goal is to elect the BEST person for the job, not one who can just 'get the fucktard out of office'. That's how this mess keeps perpetuating.

Last edited:
I'm not voting for anyone who isn't mirroring my values and desires for this country, regardless of their chance to "beat Obama". The goal is to elect the BEST person for the job, not one who can just 'get the fucktard'. That's how this mess keeps perpetuating.

oh great.. so you're aiming for a twenty trillion dollar deficit.. hello from Greece.

idiot.

Do you REALLY think they are advocating for a fictional character?

Or, are they saying "anyone but Obama", metaphorically?

I really would like to know which you think is more probable.

Of course it's a metaphor! That's the point - but, it could NOT be a stronger metaphor. The strength of the passion behind the metaphor is the other side of that point, hence my :wtf:.

:dunno: What if a write in campaign for an independent turns out to be the best shot for firing Obama?
Will you blindly follow anyone to rid us of Obama?

:D http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...l-goal-of-the-american-dream.html#post4521450
It's just the same as "anyone but Bush".

Unless folks have the same write in in mind, write ins never win.

And, I am of the mind that anyone [who is even somewhat viable] is better than Obama.

Does that mean I "hate" Obama, as you alluded to? No.

Does that mean I believe in fictional characters, as you alluded to? No.

Does that mean I would vote for Stalin if he were alive? No.

(The general I.)

Does that mean that I think Obama is bad - really bad - for my country? It sure does.

But, I thank you for your honesty. Because this is a lame talking point that doesn't deserve any legs, as we both obviously know. (Not saying YOU are lame, but the talking point is.)

I understand why this metaphor may upset some. I also understand how folks think Obama is bad for the country.

Of course it's a lame talking point - the ridiculousness of it is what makes the passion behind it noteworthy - hence me starting this thread.

If republicans would really rather see Barny or Donald in the White House over Barack - with out the benefit of even mentioning Newt or Mitt, I'm thinking my write in campaign may just have a shot. :eusa_think:

I'm not voting for anyone who isn't mirroring my values and desires for this country, regardless of their chance to "beat Obama". The goal is to elect the BEST person for the job, not one who can just 'get the fucktard out of office'. That's how this mess keeps perpetuating.

Nicely wrote.

I'm not voting for anyone who isn't mirroring my values and desires for this country, regardless of their chance to "beat Obama". The goal is to elect the BEST person for the job, not one who can just 'get the fucktard'. That's how this mess keeps perpetuating.

oh great.. so you're aiming for a twenty trillion dollar deficit.. hello from Greece.

idiot.
So I just elect Obama-lite (in more ways than one)? Just to get that asshat out of office? Then he can do the same fuckups Obama would have made but then slap the GOP label on them and call them conservative solutions?

Thanks, but no thanks. I hate that fucktard in the Oval Orifice as much as you do, and you know it. If the nation can't see clear to elect the best person for the job, though... we deserve what we get.

One positive note on a greek style collapse. Entitlement junkies have a notoriously short lifespan without them, and poverty and hardship for everyone creates a general attitude of distaste if not hatred for moochers and parasites now known as the occupados. Of course, this is only a small silver lining to a big black cloud. Much of which we are already doomed to experience thanks to the damage P-BO and congress has already done to us and has been kept at bay so far.

Of course it's a metaphor! That's the point - but, it could NOT be a stronger metaphor. The strength of the passion behind the metaphor is the other side of that point, hence my :wtf:.

:dunno: What if a write in campaign for an independent turns out to be the best shot for firing Obama?
Will you blindly follow anyone to rid us of Obama?

:D http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...l-goal-of-the-american-dream.html#post4521450

And, I am of the mind that anyone [who is even somewhat viable] is better than Obama.

(The general I.)

Does that mean that I think Obama is bad - really bad - for my country? It sure does.

But, I thank you for your honesty. Because this is a lame talking point that doesn't deserve any legs, as we both obviously know. (Not saying YOU are lame, but the talking point is.)

I understand why this metaphor may upset some. I also understand how folks think Obama is bad for the country.

Of course it's a lame talking point - the ridiculousness of it is what makes the passion behind it noteworthy - hence me starting of this thread.

If republicans would really rather see Barny or Donald in the White House over Barack - with out the benefit of even mentioning Newt or Mitt, I'm thinking my write in campaign may just have a shot. :eusa_think:

I know Barney and Donald are registered democrats, they would never vote for a republican. Dud whats your complaint, democrats are notorious about voting for the party.

It is a quite simple concept.

Anyone but Obama.

My ham sandwich wouldnt have blocked 20k jobs on a pipeline.

So would you vote for me, if it looked like doing so would guarantee an Obama defeat?

can you throw a baseball like a man? what does your golf game look like?

I do everything like a man - except golf. Tried it once, finished 18 holes in 22 strokes - never so bored in my life.

idiot.
So I just elect Obama-lite (in more ways than one)? Just to get that asshat out of office? Then he can do the same fuckups Obama would have made but then slap the GOP label on them and call them conservative solutions?

Thanks, but no thanks. I hate that fucktard in the Oval Orifice as much as you do, and you know it. If the nation can't see clear to elect the best person for the job, though... we deserve what we get.

One positive note on a greek style collapse. Entitlement junkies have a notoriously short lifespan without them, and poverty and hardship for everyone creates a general attitude of distaste if not hatred for moochers and parasites now known as the occupados. Of course, this is only a small silver lining to a big black cloud. Much of which we are already doomed to experience thanks to the damage P-BO and congress has already done to us and has been kept at bay so far.

Fitz they just don't understand. You get rid of obama but you will still have the same old shit we have had for the last 20+ years. Yeah obama gone but the country will still be headed in the wrong direction.

What we're seeing is that pubs don't really think. They hate President Obama more than they love their country. Fact is, if they really examined what President Obama has accomplished FOR THEM, they would feel differently. That's why I have referenced the link in my sig so often. But, they get their orders from such as Focks, Beck, Limbaugh who get their orders from Murdoch, the MUSLIM ARAB in charge of Focks programming, Kochs etc.

This is harsh... and unfactual. :dunno: There does seem to be a great deal of noise from individuals who are without focus... or too much focus... :cuckoo:

The issue I see most prominent and most dividing to us as a nation is that so many either lack vision or lack sharing vision with those in office. There is a great gulf between those in office and those outside of politics. Perhaps one *just* refuses the other... and from what I see and hear... it isn't the politicians doing most of the rejecting. :doubt:

A big part of the problem is the lack of viable candidates who excuse themselves from the process because they know their personal lives can't stand up under the ridiculous vetting process done in the media via fear.

Karl Rove, hiding behind a PAC and robo-dialing republicans in SC in the 2000 primary to ask likely voters if they'd still support McCain IF it was found out that he was a sexual deviant. Some will say that move right there is what gave Bush the momentum that carried him into the presidency.

idiot.

Fitz they just don't understand. You get rid of obama but you will still have the same old shit we have had for the last 20+ years. Yeah obama gone but the country will still be headed in the wrong direction.
Oh I know Willow thinks in a similar vein to me, I'm just guessing she hates his guts more than me to the point of like I used to say "an unwashed dumpster would do a better job than Obama".

That said, what I want is to end the same cycle of selecting different people who just alter the speed of going to hell (handbasket, bus, rocketship) rather than the destination. I don't trust Romney, Gingrich or Cain and have serious concerns about many other GOP candidates because either they do not have the personal charisma, experience OR... well... clarity of vision in which to pull us out of this shit. So... I wait to see who will really emerge.

The first republican debate watcher said she'd vote Donald Duck if polls showed he had the best shot at beating Obama.

The next republican debate watcher interviewed said the same thing about Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

Seriously?!? :wtf:

Is this really the attitude of MOST of you republicans?
I no huge fan of Obama, but I'd rather have him in the White House than Barny or Donald.

then vote for him and stfu.

I think I'll vote for 2 dogs in a Jeep. Write in AVG-JOE... of course, it's WAY too early in the process for shutting the fuck up.

(The general I.)

Of course it's a lame talking point - the ridiculousness of it is what makes the passion behind it noteworthy - hence me starting of this thread.

I know Barney and Donald are registered democrats, they would never vote for a republican. Dud whats your complaint, democrats are notorious about voting for the party.

No complaints... just curiosity.

The first republican debate watcher said she'd vote Donald Duck if polls showed he had the best shot at beating Obama.

The next republican debate watcher interviewed said the same thing about Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

I no huge fan of Obama, but I'd rather have him in the White House than Barny or Donald.

This is different to those who voted for Obama because he's black.... how exactly?

What happened to logic, Ave?

This is not news. Both sides vote party over country. Hence my dislike of both.

I didn't watch the debate. I would be interested in how many times Newt used the word "fundamentally"? If you ever listen to that lying, flip-flopper you'll notice that he uses it at every opportunity. :lol: :eusa_boohoo:

Scrooge McDuck is a much better choice, that way the liberals can have more complaints about the GOP being the party of the rich.

idiot.

to vote obama back into office means you wish to stay the course he has set.. there's no other way to read that. you want America to fail.

Forum List

Back