Im ill

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Tramps and Thieves, A Real Gypsy Pay-off
I have shingles (herpes zoster) and i have pain, i cannot move much, i do can move but it is very painful, every step is like a earthquake for me. I have now medications for shingles and i got 2 injections for pain relief and pain medication. Shingles is a virus infection and you have pain from it.

I have shingles (herpes zoster) and i have pain, i cannot move much, i do can move but it is very painful, every step is like a earthquake for me. I have now medications for shingles and i got 2 injections for pain relief and pain medication. Shingles is a virus infection and you have pain from it.
Sorry to hear it Mort. Dad had it. I think I'll get the vaccine. When yours clears up, I'd get it too, if I were you. I don't think it cures them, but is supposed to stop outbreaks.

It is the Chickenpox virus that you had when you were younger.

Take the medication and get the shots and it should subside in time.

The Vaccine stop the outbreak if I am correct.

You get the Shingles if you had Chickenpox, and I had it, so I am prone to the outbreak.
Cool. I thought it just prevented outbreak. Did you get the vaccine? Any problems?

I has the vaccine - no problems - and yes, it’s supposed to prevent shingles. All I had was a sore arm for a couple of days.

There was an earlier vaccine several years back which was good, but the one they have now is even more effective - above 90%.

I worked with the guy in exactly your situation. My stepfather also had it but it didn't seem to last very long. The guy I worked with it suffered with it for a while like a year or something maybe longer and he really missed very little work too. But his personality had a tone and a flavor of desperation like there was some things he just couldn't process which were usually social. I have to admit he really seemed to be kind of a trooper he just dragged himself through every day with a wince on his face. I hope I never get that shit. It sounds like it really sucks. I wonder how a compares to covid. I already had that and was told I had a worse than average case. And what I had really sucked! If I hadn't had that special antiviral medication that they give some people I have no idea how long that would have dragged on or what it would have been like. It often lit up on me during the day and I almost thought I was getting better but later on as night came in I realized how wrong I was! It certainly was worse than any flu I ever had.

Oh yeah the guy I knew from work who had the shingles also had meniere's disease. He was a freaking mess but he really didn't miss much work.

That sucks. I’ve never had it thank goodness. I’ve heard it’s very painful. Read recently somewhere that taking lots of vitamin C to bowel tolerance, can be helpful.

Did you have Chicken Pox?

Meh...I had shingles and other than feeling like shit when it first appeared it was no big deal.
It went away on its own in around two weeks.
The thing that weirded me out the most was how hard the scabs were.
Shit was like armor and you cant peel em off without a pair of fucken pliers.

I feel for ya Mortimer. I had them years ago. Doc gave me cortizone shots. It helped.

Forum List

Back