I'm hiring

I read the thread, I contributed to the thread, you waste post after post with insults squawking about nonesense and avoiding real discussion. It is what it is
Post number 24 you STUPID FUCK
OK, the time has come and gone. Case closed. Good discussion. Haha
The case is closed imo. Sadly leftist jackasses think the case is still open and as a result we have yet another generation of underachievers waiting on their turn at the handout trough
I think you should go do some work in the inner city school system or youth centers and gain some perspective about how the culture is for those in poverished areas. You might gain a little more insight about what struggles and and obstacles still exist in our great nation
I grew up in those areas idiot. I've also worked for HUD remodeling all those shitholes in KC.
I made it and my path was far worse than most of theirs so I ain't got time to listen to bullshit excuses.
The way to improve these issues is through education of our children and future generations. Go spend some time with them then present some useful ideas. Bitching and complaining only goes so far

Post number 24 you STUPID FUCK
The case is closed imo. Sadly leftist jackasses think the case is still open and as a result we have yet another generation of underachievers waiting on their turn at the handout trough
I think you should go do some work in the inner city school system or youth centers and gain some perspective about how the culture is for those in poverished areas. You might gain a little more insight about what struggles and and obstacles still exist in our great nation
I grew up in those areas idiot. I've also worked for HUD remodeling all those shitholes in KC.
I made it and my path was far worse than most of theirs so I ain't got time to listen to bullshit excuses.
The way to improve these issues is through education of our children and future generations. Go spend some time with them then present some useful ideas. Bitching and complaining only goes so far
I sparked a debate. I didn't bitch about the issue.

Go fuck yourself

I sparked a debate. I didn't bitch about the issue.

Go fuck yourself
Maybe not in the OP but ever since it's been pretty wah wah

Everyone is avoiding the actual point. Why?

You make a good point.

The concept of giving less qualified people a leg up (and penalizing people who are better qualified) has always mystified me.

And I have seen more than my fair share of these AA bozo's challenge their employers to fire them....because of discrimination. They have been openly insubordinate.

It's easy for people to say that hiring the most qualified is always best. But some are purposely ignoring the affirmative action laws that go against common sense.

For years, we strived to be 'colorblind' and now they call you racist if you don't openly acknowledge your 'privilege' if you are white and the fact that minorities are automatically victims.

To do that, you have to first believe the left's narrative that being white is inherently better and being black means you are innately disadvantaged. From there, the left believes that blacks must be given extra help to be equal with whites, hence programs like affirmative action. Many minorities are both insulted and outraged by the notion that they cannot compete with whites on a level playing field.

If someone is racist, they won't care who is more qualified, regardless of the color of the applicant. Any good business person knows the value of an employee with good training and experience. It's a shame that quotas must be met and the best candidates are often rejected.

It's those seeking good paying jobs that hold the responsibility of meeting whatever criteria is required to qualify for the job. If some get a shortcut, where is the incentive to try harder? Fair competition tends to inspire people to reach their full potential. This is especially important in critical fields, such as medical and engineering. We can't afford to lower standards just because some on the left believe that is necessary in order to have their idea of diversity in the workforce.
Quotas have been illegal for years. No standards are being lowered. An employer can be sued for hiring a less qualified minority than the white guy. I have never heard minorities, including women, outraged or insulted about affirmative action.

Not when the unemployment rate for blacks is still twice that for whites, including blacks with commensurate college educations. Don't think the time has come quite yet. It's definitely better, tho.

That's cuz blacks be lazy.
Yeah.

Well... They be something.
From 17 to 22 I went to school, raised a kid, played a dangerous game of keep away from psychopathic first husband and worked in a sweatshop of an industrial laundry. It was the worst job I ever had. 12cents a day, breathing chemicals and dust bunnies, health and safety hazards, 120 degree days... Awful.
Except for Bea who was a wonderful friend to me, I never saw a black work there. They tried... they just wouldn't work. Most lasted a day or two. Many lasted til lunch or less. Many left without word. They were hard jobs yeah. Shitty work, but it was work and it was reliable, steady work.
They would not work.
Same thing in another housekeeping/laundry position I was snookered into being supervisor for. This job paid fairly well for unskilled labor and wasn't that hard at all. I was told to get a cultural mix in there and tried. I could not keep a black there.
I hired two meskins that were the most honest, hard working and least complaining people I had on that team.
Blacks won't even learn English.
I hear ya, but it's not so much a black thing as it is employment ignorance. We have the same problem around here with some folks (no blacks around here) who grew up in a household where no one was working for an employer and you put them in a situation where they gotta show up to work on time every day and do the job, it's like sending them to Neptune or something. I've been doing some work around those "soft" employment skills. We take it for granted people know that shit--no, they don't. Some people know it and still won't work--but it's not a black thing. When I visited the south, I was struck by the fact that EVERY maid and bellhop and most fast food workers were black.

Idk, but I was seriously thunderstruck by me and the 1 black guy with skills having to repair an entire floor of a county courthouse because of an AA white guy hire that totally splooged it.

I got paid for the hours, but it still sucked balls, mmmk?
Why was a white guy an AA hire? Is he a minority where you live?

If you don't want to hire a fucking jiggaboo, don't fucking hire one!

if race is considered in admissions then it is racist by definition. You can't really get around that. You may argue it is justified, that's fine, but don't say it isn't racist.
I agree with you that making decisions or even tracking groups by race on achievement, employment and income, is looking at the population through a racial lens. It's to overcome inequality, though, not make it worse. Once the playing field is level, and there is no distinguishing between black and white socioeconomically, that should stop being asked about or tracked in any way. Racism means that you feel one race is superior to another's. That is not what Affirmative Action is about. It is to give minorities an equal opportunity in areas they were once denied. We aren't done yet.
Equal opportunity does not mean equal results. Should we apply affirmative action to "level the playing field" for Asians to play in the NBA?
Here joemama
Yao Ming
raujq3gwllwcgdm9yebn.jpg

Nationality: Chinese
Team(s): Rockets
Years active: 2002-2011
Career stats: 486 G, 19 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 1.6 APG, 1.9 BPG

For Asian athletes the world over, it doesn't get bigger than Yao—literally. The guy was 7'6", making him the NBA's third-tallest player, and the fourth tallest Chinese man on record.

He kinda sucked. Way way overrated. Just like Jeremy Lin. Both got way over-hyped. It was kinda an Affirmative Action-deal with them.
19ppg sucks?....9.2rpg? What did you want Oscar Robertson?

He sucked, and so does Lin. Ridiculously over-hyped. There was a bit of an Affirmative Action vibe goin on with them.

I agree with you that making decisions or even tracking groups by race on achievement, employment and income, is looking at the population through a racial lens. It's to overcome inequality, though, not make it worse. Once the playing field is level, and there is no distinguishing between black and white socioeconomically, that should stop being asked about or tracked in any way. Racism means that you feel one race is superior to another's. That is not what Affirmative Action is about. It is to give minorities an equal opportunity in areas they were once denied. We aren't done yet.
Equal opportunity does not mean equal results. Should we apply affirmative action to "level the playing field" for Asians to play in the NBA?
Here joemama
Yao Ming
raujq3gwllwcgdm9yebn.jpg

Nationality: Chinese
Team(s): Rockets
Years active: 2002-2011
Career stats: 486 G, 19 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 1.6 APG, 1.9 BPG

For Asian athletes the world over, it doesn't get bigger than Yao—literally. The guy was 7'6", making him the NBA's third-tallest player, and the fourth tallest Chinese man on record.

He kinda sucked. Way way overrated. Just like Jeremy Lin. Both got way over-hyped. It was kinda an Affirmative Action-deal with them.
19ppg sucks?....9.2rpg? What did you want Oscar Robertson?

He sucked, and so does Lin. Ridiculously over-hyped. There was a bit of an Affirmative Action vibe goin on with them.
19 a game ?? I'd take it Lin ...other story

You make a good point.

The concept of giving less qualified people a leg up (and penalizing people who are better qualified) has always mystified me.

And I have seen more than my fair share of these AA bozo's challenge their employers to fire them....because of discrimination. They have been openly insubordinate.
Which part of these programs directs employers to hire less qualified individuals over more qualified?

Forum List

Back