I'm hiring

This brings to mind Sotomayor when she was about to be confirmed to the Supreme Court. One of the cases she had was from a federal court about all black persons failed to pass a test to become a fireman. She called the test racist and demanded that all of the black people be hired without determination from the test. Ir was overturned, plus seven other cases she had before the Supreme Court. She was selected and confirmed for the spot. The rest is history.

As an aside when it comes to hiring firemen, I don't think women should be in that position unless they can pass the physical test. I just think if I was in a fire, I would want a man with girth to carry me out. Not some petite doll that is dragging me through the fire.
Are you agreeing with Sotomayor on the fireman test or not ?

Agreed on physical standards being upheld, but also intelligence and education standards.

and us "Over 40" folks all remember that All In The Family episode when Micheal was up against a black man for a job and didnt get it,,,so he slammed the door and shattered the glass

Consider the social engineering/programming ramifications from that episode.

That's not cool. Yes they did that on purpose.

PS: Fuck that libtard meathead.
I don't recall the episode, but obviously recall the show. It was groundbreaking in many ways. Good to see it presented that aspect of Affirmative Action.

It's an old comment that young people should be liberal, but they become more conservative as they mature. Mike and Gloria were obviously the liberals contrasted with Archie's über-conservatism and Edith's loving dinginess. How did Mike's liberalness cope with the unfairness of Affirmative Action? How did it affect his idealism to know that innocent people were being harmed by Federal "feel good" laws?

Reiner Jr. was a meathead good-for-nothing.

He didn't have a real job.
Apparently "Mike" had a job in the show. As for Hollywood liberals, they're all flakes IMO.

This brings to mind Sotomayor when she was about to be confirmed to the Supreme Court. One of the cases she had was from a federal court about all black persons failed to pass a test to become a fireman. She called the test racist and demanded that all of the black people be hired without determination from the test. Ir was overturned, plus seven other cases she had before the Supreme Court. She was selected and confirmed for the spot. The rest is history.

As an aside when it comes to hiring firemen, I don't think women should be in that position unless they can pass the physical test. I just think if I was in a fire, I would want a man with girth to carry me out. Not some petite doll that is dragging me through the fire.
Are you agreeing with Sotomayor on the fireman test or not ?

Agreed on physical standards being upheld, but also intelligence and education standards.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I disagree vehemently with her,. If they don't pass the first time, they can study more and take it again. These are first responders with our lives in their hands! Sotomayor was a flunkee justice at best.

and us "Over 40" folks all remember that All In The Family episode when Micheal was up against a black man for a job and didnt get it,,,so he slammed the door and shattered the glass

Consider the social engineering/programming ramifications from that episode.

That's not cool. Yes they did that on purpose.

PS: Fuck that libtard meathead.
I don't recall the episode, but obviously recall the show. It was groundbreaking in many ways. Good to see it presented that aspect of Affirmative Action.

It's an old comment that young people should be liberal, but they become more conservative as they mature. Mike and Gloria were obviously the liberals contrasted with Archie's über-conservatism and Edith's loving dinginess. How did Mike's liberalness cope with the unfairness of Affirmative Action? How did it affect his idealism to know that innocent people were being harmed by Federal "feel good" laws?

Reiner Jr. was a meathead good-for-nothing.

He didn't have a real job.
Apparently "Mike" had a job in the show. As for Hollywood liberals, they're all flakes IMO.

Oh? Did he earn enough not to have to live under his father in law's roof? No? Hah!

Would you call it racist? And if so why does the program, Affirmative Action get a pass?

Because there's no massive pattern of employers unfairly passing over white people for jobs, due to skin color or not even getting to the interview stage because of white-sounding names.

And affirmative action means for all other things being equal, hire from the group that doesn't get the jobs. It doesn't mean hire the incompetent minority.

Some the less qualified person is hired, but at a lower wage than the more qualified. There is more to consider than who is the most qualified.

What would you call me if I hired the white guy over the black who is more qualified?
You ARE hiring a less qualified person on racial grounds? I would call that self defeating. I have to ask, are you just posing a theoretical topic, or are you serious?
If you read just one more post beyond the first it should be obvious.

This thread was created as a hypothetical to spark debate on Affirmative action. Sadly there are a bunch of MORONS that were too stupid to figure that out even after reading the thread.

What would you call me if I hired the white guy over the black who is more qualified?
You ARE hiring a less qualified person on racial grounds? I would call that self defeating. I have to ask, are you just posing a theoretical topic, or are you serious?
Good question.
You stupid bitch. You've been participating in this thread ALL DAY. Read the first two pages & figure it out.

And STFU for Christs sake

Let me see here, your exact post :"What would you call me if I hired the white guy over the black who is more qualified? "
It's not that hard to figure out, did I miss something? You don't care how incompetent someone is, as long as they are white? Good business strategy. Good luck with THAT.

Good question.
You stupid bitch. You've been participating in this thread ALL DAY. Read the first two pages & figure it out.

Whoa dude. Take a pill

Good question.

Whoa dude. Take a pill
Stupid people irritate.me

Let me see here, your exact post :"What would you call me if I hired the white guy over the black who is more qualified? "
It's not that hard to figure out, did I miss something? You don't care how incompetent someone is, as long as they are white? Good business strategy. Good luck with THAT.
Another moron that got triggered and failed to read more than a few posts

Good question.

Whoa dude. Take a pill
We have something in common.

Good question.

Whoa dude. Take a pill
You and her definitely do

Good question.

Whoa dude. Take a pill
Just for the sake of argument.I don't know what subtle little point I missed. Please, shit or get off the pot. Tell me, what WAS you point? I know I am a moron. Etc Etc. some of us are challenged, we want consistency, morality and facts or just some kind of rationalization, Your magic dream reality stuff isn't working. But please, do rant on, gramps.

Whoa dude. Take a pill
Just for the sake of argument.I don't know what subtle little point I missed. Please, shit or get off the pot. Tell me, what WAS you point? I know I am a moron. Etc Etc. some of us are challenged, we want consistency, morality and facts or just some kind of rationalization, Your magic dream reality stuff isn't working. But please, do rant on, gramps.
He is trying to reenforce his point that affirmative action and programs that favor minorities are "reverse racism" or oppression against whites.

I brought up the point that he needs to consider historical US policy that discriminated against blacks for generations but he hasn't responded to that yet.

Forum List

Back