The Slants win

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Supreme Court sides with The Slants, rules ban on offensive names is unconstitutional

The Supreme Court ruled Monday that a federal trademark law banning offensive names is unconstitutional, siding with a rock band whose name had been deemed racially disparaging by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

In an 8-0 ruling, the court determined the law’s so-called “disparagement clause” violates the free speech clause of the First Amendment.

The case centered on Oregon-based, Asian-American band The Slants, which was denied a trademark because its name was considered offensive. The band countered that the 70-year-old law at issue violates free-speech rights -- and Justice Samuel Alito, in the court’s opinion, agreed.

Supreme Court sides with The Slants, rules ban on offensive names is unconstitutional

Go Redskins.

• Banned
Cry me a river. You people are perpetually offended.

Really white boy? You don't mind being called a cracker ass honky bastard?

If I'm not one why would it bother me, and if i were one it would probably be taken as a complement so i think your argument lacks merit.

No, just don't all me late for supper. I love watermelon.

You know you are offended. It's why whites like you cy about how non whis are getting thinwhites aen't.

I don't know why you think you are saying something when you made the comment about watermelon. Whites are the main one who like Fried cken and watermeon in the first place. Colonel Sanders ain't black foo.

You know you are offended. It's why whites like you cy about how non whis are getting thinwhites aen't.

I don't know why you think you are saying something when you made the comment about watermelon. Whites are the main one who like Fried cken and watermeon in the first place. Colonel Sanders ain't black foo.

No, most people aren't offended when others call them names. The ones who are offended are infantile twerps who never grew up.

It was the right ruling. An 8-zip decision is pretty definitive.

I do like fried chicken and watermelon. Also I am not among the perpetually offended cry babies who piss and moan 24/7 about being offended over everything. It's an Asian band who are called the slants, and it's their business and no one elses. maybe you can start a band called the porch monkeys.

Go, MOAR incivility.

The band is made up of ASIAN members. It was just you fascists who are outraged. OUTRAGED I TELLS YA

You spend your days crying about how someone is a racist for talking about what whites have actually done and then comment about how wrong it is to not be able to speak racial slurs when it pertains to others.

Go, MOAR incivility.

The band is made up of ASIAN members. It was just you fascists who are outraged. OUTRAGED I TELLS YA

You spend your days crying about how someone is a racist for talking about what whites have actually done and then comment about how wrong it is to not be able to speak racial slurs when it pertains to others.
cry baby 5.jpg

I do like fried chicken and watermelon. Also I am not among the perpetually offended cry babies who piss and moan 24/7 about being offended over everything. It's an Asian band who are called the slants, and it's their business and no one elses. maybe you can start a band called the porch monkeys.

Because you are white and you do most of the offending.

Go, MOAR incivility.

I get that it's Sunday, but it's still sad that you are this drunk, this early.

New Topics

Forum List

Back