I'm Getting A Dog!!! ๐Ÿ•

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
That's right guys and gals, I just found out that my dream to own my very own dog is coming true!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Now, it won't happen right away. Things are quite complicated. I'm currently waiting to move in with my fiancee and the people that I'm living with right now has a cat and they don't want a dog around.

However, my fiancee's family said that I'm more than welcome to keep the dog here and as soon as my fiancee (and his family can help him out) can buy a house then I can move-in and my dog will already be here.

They'll take care of it in my absence and it is mine to walk and take care of and to name when I'm here. I'm getting a Beagle and it'll happen after their current dog passes away. So I am super excited that at both of my houses for now I'll either have a cat or a dog to help take care of. ๐Ÿ˜ (And then of course I'll post updates and pictures and share his or her name with you. ๐Ÿ˜Š)

That's right guys and gals, I just found out that my dream to own my very own dog is coming true!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Now, it won't happen right away. Things are quite complicated. I'm currently waiting to move in with my fiancee and the people that I'm living with right now has a cat and they don't want a dog around.

However, my fiancee's family said that I'm more than welcome to keep the dog here and as soon as my fiancee (and his family can help him out) can buy a house then I can move-in and my dog will already be here.

They'll take care of it in my absence and it is mine to walk and take care of and to name when I'm here. I'm getting a Beagle and it'll happen after their current dog passes away. So I am super excited that at both of my houses for now I'll either have a cat or a dog to help take care of. ๐Ÿ˜ (And then of course I'll post updates and pictures and share his or her name with you. ๐Ÿ˜Š)
" it'll happen after their current dog passes away"

Not to be a killjoy but, what does this mean exactly?

• Banned
" it'll happen after their current dog passes away"

It means that they have a really old and sick dog right now (poor girl) and once she dies They're getting me a dog that temporarily will be a part-time dog until I move-in with them and then I'll be living with him or her permanently. ๐Ÿ˜

I love dogs when they belong to other people. I love them a lot less when there's vomit or shit on my kitchen floor.

It means that they have a really old and sick dog right now (poor girl) and once she dies They're getting me a dog that temporarily will be a part-time dog until I move-in with them and then I'll be living with him or her permanently. ๐Ÿ˜
Oh. So it's death watch for the old gal then the Beagle will be chosen - by who? and these people with the dead dog will take care of and get the Beagle all trained for you then when you move in you will take over caring for the dog.

What if the dog bonds with the people who took care of him before you move in?

Congratulations. I love dogs, loved having a dog, but. . .

I don't know where you live, but if you live around here, though, you better have a whole big barrel full of money. Licensing fees here are expensive, just a routine check up at the vet will cost you around $300 if nothing wrong is found, the mandatory shots/vaccines are expensive, and good dog food isn't cheap. And if the dog needs serious medical treatment or even minor surgery, you can easily lay out $1000 or more. And that doesn't count all the neat toys, dog beds, thunder shirts, harnesses, winter coats, travel kennels etc. you'll probably can't resist getting. :)

All this is to say, if you can afford it by all means get one. Hombre and I live very comfortably but not at all lavishly. And as much as we would love to have one, a dog just doesn't fit into our budget these days. We get our doggie fix though by dog sitting for friends and relatives. :)

• Banned
Oh. So it's death watch for the old gal then the Beagle will be chosen - by who? and these people with the dead dog will take care of and get the Beagle all trained for you then when you move in you will take over caring for the dog.

What if the dog bonds with the people who took care of him before you move in?

I'm going to be training it and caring for it when I'm here which is an awful lot so... Oh and I'm picking the doggie out. :)

Beagles can be a lot of fun, especially when they are pups but be warned... they LIKE to bark... It's kind of what they DO :) Our first Beagle - Minnie - could bark so loud that if you were holding a can of soda and it was say, half full, it would vibrate in your hand.

You may want to consider how that dog will get along with your cat.

I love dogs when they belong to other people. I love them a lot less when there's vomit or shit on my kitchen floor.
That sums it up better than I could.

Add to that when they pee on the carpet and you don't notice it until you step in it wearing only socks or in your bare feet.

If you let someone else raise your dog, its attachment will be with them, not with you. That isnt to say that it wont like you, but it will never look at you as its mother or father. The emotional connection will not be the same, and when its time for you to take the dog, the dog is going to be sad that its being taken away from its real "parents".

Im frankly annoyed that anyone would think "I'll let some other people raise and train a dog for me, then i will step in and take it away from them and everything is going to be awesome".

Last edited:
Beagles can be a lot of fun, especially when they are pups but be warned... they LIKE to bark... It's kind of what they DO :) Our first Beagle - Minnie - could bark so loud that if you were holding a can of soda and it was say, half full, it would vibrate in your hand.

I actually love how Beagles bark and howl. It's music to my ears. ๐Ÿ˜€

You may want to consider how that dog will get along with your cat.

Did you read my OP, the dog isn't going to be living with my cat and technically speaking it's only my cat because I live with the family that owns her.

Good luck

Thanks!

It's occurred to me, Road Runner, that your current name here is based on the epic battles that you have had here with a canine creature, and your prowess at exposing and humiliating that creature.

One has to wonder how that will affect your relationship with an entirely different canine creature.

Lol that's different.

If you let someone else raise your dog, its attachment will be with them, not with you. That isnt to say that it wont like you, but it will never look at you as its mother or father. The emotional connection will not be the same, and when its time for you to take the dog, the dog is going to be sad that its being taken away from its real "parents".

Im frankly annoyed that anyone would think "I'll let some other people raise and train a dog for me, then i will step in and take it away from them and everything is going to be awesome".

First of all the dog was offered to me, second of all I'm over here all the time, and third of all I'm helping out with the bills.

Forum List

Back