I'm bored....

Fainting goats

[youtube]we9_CdNPuJg[/youtube]

Damn this made me laugh when I first saw it.

That's freaky. I'd be interested in an evolutionist opinion about what advantage these animals gain from such a trait.

Fainting goats

That's freaky. I'd be interested in an evolutionist opinion about what advantage these animals gain from such a trait.

No doubt something to do with years having to adapt to an environment of physical and psychological abuse at the hands of the white man.

Damn..I was channeling 52nd for a moment there.

Fainting goats

No doubt something to do with years having to adapt to an environment of physical and psychological abuse at the hands of the white man.

Damn, that's... awkward. :lol:

Damn, that's... awkward. :lol:

Yeah...I wondered why I was trying to get my hair into a 'fro.

Fainting goats

Actually, I will answer that, because right now I'm bored.

Some predators would only like their food if they kill it, most likely their natural predators are just those, so they developed it as a way to "play dead", many species have the same defense. So bored I'm talking science that I don't really care about and posting Kittehs!

funny-pictures-the-diversity-committee.jpg

Fainting goats

Some predators would only like their food if they kill it, most likely their natural predators are just those, so they developed it as a way to "play dead", many species have the same defense. So bored I'm talking science that I don't really care about and posting Kittehs!

I'm a little sorry I brought up LOLCATZ in front of you. Do you have any other OCD's? :tongue:

I'm a little sorry I brought up LOLCATZ in front of you. Do you have any other OCD's? :tongue:

... hmmm .... not, pretty much it, anything about catz.

Fainting goats

They don't gain anything from this trait. But the trait does not disappear because they also don't lose anything with regards to survival or reproductive fitness.

In fact, not knowing anything specifically about the disorder, I wouldn't be surprised if this condition developed over the recent centuries of domesticated breeding, rather than originating in the wild.

I could see that it would have disadvantages in the wild, which is why this disorder probably does not exist in gazelles or zebras.

funny-pictures-your-cat-definitely-has-ocd1.jpg

Forum List

Back