I'm a Mormom...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
20111005__07rhfmor_500.jpg

^Been seeing these all over... Don't know if the Church is Preppin' for Mitt or what...

I've Known some Mormons in my Day...

Here's the thing that sticks out about these Billboards.

Other than White People on them.

More than one Mormon has said that the Blacks and Hispanics and other "Dark" people were Punished by God and given the Darker Skin...

And that there are different Levels of Heaven.

Is this True about the Mormon Faith?

:)

peace...

It used to be a tenet of the mormon religion that dark skinned people, namely Africans, were stained with the "Mark of Cain." However, this tenet has been officially renounced by the LDS for some time.

There are black and hispanic mormons.

Mormonism may be "kooky," but in the end analysis, it is realy no more kooky than most mainstream religions. Just the idea that someone died on the cross, was buried for three days, and rose from the dead, requires considerable suspension of objective reasoning. Indeed, if you can believe that story, then all else follows.

It used to be a tenet of the mormon religion that dark skinned people, namely Africans, were stained with the "Mark of Cain." However, this tenet has been officially renounced by the LDS for some time.

Mormonism may be "kooky," but in the end analysis, it is realy no more kooky than most mainstream religions. Just the idea that someone died on the cross, was buried for three days, and rose from the dead, requires considerable suspension of objective reasoning. Indeed, if you can believe that story, then all else follows.

Mormons are the only White People I Know Personally who are Outwardly Racist, and it's about this Cain thing...

Whether or not it's been Officially Renounced, the Followers I Know Tend towards it still.

I don't like that.

And Colorado is not Mormon Fundamentalist Stronghold. :thup:

peace...

I think that's correct, wasn't the mormon religion the last religion to come around in terms of letting blacks in the churches?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that's correct, wasn't the mormon religion the last religion to come around in terms of letting blacks in the churches?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have no idea...

I just know that Mormons tend to Feel Comfortable talking about the Lower Level that the Darkies will Occupy if they are lucky enough to be let into their Heaven... If it's an Exclusively White Venue that they are in.

It's not as Creepy as Tom Cruise's Cult, but it's Odd all the same.

peace...

Very entertaining to see non Mormons telling us what Mormons believe. You'll forgive me if I give the opinions of actual Mormons more weight than a bunch of morons.

Looks like I was mistaken, blacks could become mormon, just sadly they were forbidden to become priests all the way up until 1978.

I haven't seen any personal instances of mormons being racist (haven't had much personal interaction with mormons to be honest, dated a former mormon) but Brigham Young certainly had a very low opinion of black people.

Black people and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This link also provides the great efforts of mormons in humanitarian aid in Africa, shouldn't go without mention.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

blacks have been part of the Church since it was founded.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have no idea...

I just know that Mormons tend to Feel Comfortable talking about the Lower Level that the Darkies will Occupy if they are lucky enough to be let into their Heaven... If it's an Exclusively White Venue that they are in.

peace...

If you want to know about mormons, you could read the Book of Mormon for yourself. You can get one free here:

The Book of Mormon | Mormon.org

Very entertaining to see non Mormons telling us what Mormons believe. You'll forgive me if I give the opinions of actual Mormons more weight than a bunch of morons.

I have only Illustrated what I have heard from Mormons here in Colorado.

I don't Know what the Church Policy is, Official or Unofficial, regarding Blacks...

It's History or anything else.

More than one Mormon has told me that Dark Skinned People will be on a differently Level in Heaven.

And these Mormons were not Related to each other.

It's just Odd, that's all.

peace...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have no idea...

peace...

If you want to know about mormons, you could read the Book of Mormon for yourself. You can get one free here:

The Book of Mormon | Mormon.org

I am probably not going to get to that before I finish "Baddasses". :lol:

peace...

More revenue.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35--Jro6LOY]Jew Tries to Join KKK - YouTube[/ame]

Mormons are the only White People I Know Personally who are Outwardly Racist, and it's about this Cain thing...

You obviously do not know many mormons, nor many white people.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Cain. He is just a lightning rod. He has no real chance of being on the ticket. He has never even held public office.

You obviously do not know many mormons, nor many white people.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Cain. He is just a lightning rod. He has no real chance of being on the ticket. He has never even held public office.

Yeah, I certainly don't know a lot of White People... :lol:

peace...

“But let them apostatize, and they will become gray-haired, wrinkled, and black, just like the Devil" (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p. 332

I have never Researched this... The first time I heard the Different Levels of Heaven thing was about 15 years ago from one of the First Mormons I dealt with Closely... Worked with him.

As a matter of Fact I have Worked with 2.

My kids play with Mormon kids... It's True. That Particular Mormon family has never mentioned Race in any Context and we havent' even Discussed Religion.

Known them since my Wife became Teammates with the Mormon Wife at the School they Work at 3 years ago.

So I am not saying that ALL Mormons are anything... Or that all Mormons I have known are anything.

But I have NEVER Known another Religious Person who has Placed Negativity on a People over the Color of their Skin... Until I met some Mormons.

I started this Thread because I wanted to Know the Roots of this.

peace...

“But let them apostatize, and they will become gray-haired, wrinkled, and black, just like the Devil" (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p. 332

I have never Researched this... The first time I heard the Different Levels of Heaven thing was about 15 years ago from one of the First Mormons I dealt with Closely... Worked with him.

My kids play with Mormon kids... It's True. That Particular Mormon family has never mentioned Race in any Context and we havent' even Discussed Religion.

Known them since my Wife became Teammates with the Mormon Wife at the School they Work at 3 years ago.

So I am not saying that ALL Mormons are anything... Or that all Mormons I have known are anything.

But I have NEVER Known another Religious Person who has Placed Negativity on a People over the Color of their Skin... Until I met some Mormons.

peace...

Let's face it, you obviously have already studied this issue to some degree. Indeed, you have even cited an excerpt from Brigham Young Discources. Your real motivation for starting this thread is to smear Romney (whom you know to be a mormon) with the label of "racist" because you fear that he might beat Obama in the next election.

Nevertheless, if you want more information goto Wikipedia and enter: "Black people and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"

Last edited:

peace...

Let's face it, you obviously have already studied this issue to some degree. Indeed, you have even cited an excerpt from Brigham Young Discources. Your real motivation for starting this thread is to smear Romney (whom you know to be a mormon) with the label of "racist" because you fear that he might beat Obama in the next election.

Nevertheless, if you want more information goto Wikipedia and enter: "Black people and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"
mal hates Obama. He is a bigot though, you got that part right.

Forum List

Back