I'm a Good Person

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
My report from Southern California Edison

SCE Report May 2023.jpg

[Just kidding! That was for fun. I'm a good person for much better reasons than this.
How about you? What is the best thing you have done this year
as a good person? Let's get this thread rolling, shall we?
Share good ideas.]

My report from Southern California Edison

View attachment 786912

[Just kidding! That was for fun. I'm a good person for much better reasons than this.
How about you? What is the best thing you have done this year
as a good person? Let's get this thread rolling, shall we?
Share good ideas.]

I make rosaries every day and I give them to the Catholic church near me, to distribute to the poor and to patients in hospitals.

Lets see.

The family went out for dinner on Mother's Day. We had shrimp cocktail as an appetizer. My nine year old granddaughter really loves shrimp so I gave her my portion of the appetizer.

Does that count?

I think you need to up your game, "Flash." Your closing question submits the act in jest, justly.

If it’s true that “it’s the thought that counts.” Then count me in as a good guy.

I saw an elderly man stumble. I went to grab him to prevent him from crashing to the ground. I didn’t get there in time. I missed. He broke his neck and died on the spot.

So, I’m going with “it’s the thought that counts.”

By the way. That part about me missing is true. The part about him falling and breaking his neck and dying on the spot was absolute nonsensical never happened spur of the moment fantasy.

George Santos and President Potato approve that part of the story, though.

Took a drive a few weeks ago just to get out and enjoy the warm weather. Was driving on a secondary road where there is almost NO traffic, and came across a dude and his wife that had the hood up on their car. Stopped to ask what the problem was, and found out that their battery had died, so, having a good working car and jumper cables, I got them started and on the road again, making sure that their car was going to make it home by checking what I could on the electrical system and alternator. Turned out he had a bad battery. Apparently, his dad had just passed away, and he'd inherited the car and was working on making it a good daily driver. Did a good thing, and it made my day to be able to help.

I fed a squirrel
I live in a Florida subdivision that use to be an oak forest. Many of the trees were left and homeowners planted more. Because of all the oak trees the area has a squirrel infestation. They are a real pain in the ass. I had to pay a company $900 to get them out of my attic. They do a lot of damage running over the screened in swimming pools.

My good deed for the last week was to not to take my pellet gun and kill a couple dozen of the little shits.

I live in a Florida subdivision that use to be an oak forest. Many of the trees were left and homeowners planted more. Because of all the oak trees the area has a squirrel infestation. They are a real pain in the ass. I had to pay a company $900 to get them out of my attic. They do a lot of damage running over the screened in swimming pools.

My good deed for the last week was to not to take my pellet gun and kill a couple dozen of the little shits.

We had a renter in Seattle who could not be made to quit feeding the squirrels and the feed that he left out attracted rats. When we sold the house, the expense of getting rid of the rats and cleaning up the damage they had done was MASSIVE!

My sympathy is with you.

That's why I have a crazy irrational prejudice against squirrels.

Forum List

Back