Remember when “that used to be a lot cheaper” was considered old people speak?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
As in “you paid 143K for a house in that area? I can’t find one for under 750K"…....And it's only been 10 years since it was overpriced at 143K.....That is where we are at now.

I have not paid much attention to what a lot of things cost for a long time but over the last couple years it is getting my attention.

It's been a long time since I gave much of a shit about the cost of eating in an restaurant. Now even small comfort food places are like “what the fuck…how the hell was that 70 bucks? “ Then you notice that a good 1/6th of the bill is taxes of various flavors.

Don't even get me started on 4X4 PU prices, new or used.

LOL.....I guess the easiest way to go about it is to just think of prices before the election was stolen as opposed to after it was stolen. ;)

My house cost me 102K...Now it's valued at over 300K.

I've bought 2 brand new vehicles in my life. First was a bronco at 22K...2nd was an F150 FX4 at 40K (11 years ago)...now that same F150 would be 65-70K.

Almost double in just 11 years.

Then you notice that a good 1/6th of the bill is taxes of various flavors.

Democrat voters keep voting for the ones that say "tax the corporations"...they can't understand that they (and me) pay those taxes.

Tax those landlords...and your rent goes up!

Tax those oil companies...and you gasoline prices go up.

My house cost me 102K...Now it's valued at over 300K.

I've bought 2 brand new vehicles in my life. First was a bronco at 22K...2nd was an F150 FX4 at 40K (11 years ago)...now that same F150 would be 65-70K.

Almost double in just 11 years.
I have a 4X4 2010 F150 (fully loaded for it's time) 4-door, I ran across the window sticker the other day 33K new.

Figure in inflation and the same truck should be around 46K today....Nope, a new one would be roughly 65K.

Figure in inflation and the same truck should be around 46K today....Nope, a new one would be roughly 65K.

Ain't that nuts?

I was looking at a raptor but it was 60K at the time and I couldn't justify an extra $20,000 for "cool".

I wonder what raptors are going for now (and do they even come with the 6.2 liter engine)?

I have a 4X4 2010 F150 (fully loaded for it's time) 4-door, I ran across the window sticker the other day 33K new.

Dropped a reman engine in my '05 Subaru last year....Wasn't going to fork over in excess of 20K for a used car with 100K on it.

Ain't that nuts?

I was looking at a raptor but it was 60K at the time and I couldn't justify an extra $20,000 for "cool".

I wonder what raptors are going for now (and do they even come with the 6.2 liter engine)?
Pick your poison....80K+

Forum List

Back