Illinois village bans assault weapons, to fine violators $1,000 per day

Shall we bow before our Public Masters?

• Yes Mi'lord

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay!

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters
Goddamn! How am I supposed to defend myself wit just a shotgun, a Glock and Ruger 308?

Gun bans only work on the law abiding. Somehow the gun grabbers fail to comprehend that simple fact of reality.

Gun bans only work on the law abiding. Somehow the gun grabbers fail to comprehend that simple fact of reality.
No. They reduce the number of weapons in circulation which reduces the criminal use of them. The other developed nations demonstrate this simple fact, which admittedly is either ignored or can't be grasped.

No. They reduce the number of weapons in circulation which reduces the criminal use of them. The other developed nations demonstrate this simple fact, which admittedly is either ignored or can't be grasped.
They don't, but you know that.

Oh, the laughable 'bans' you have in the US may not work, where a locality 'bans' guns while surrounded by an ocean of them. Yeah, that's ludicrous. It has to be done nationally.

It is not demonstrated at all.
It is demonstrated by the rates of firearm crimes in other developed nations, which are fractions of that of the US. But you'll ignore that, your position depends on ignoring it, while wittering about 'freedom'.

It is not demonstrated at all.
It is demonstrated by the rates of firearm crimes in other developed nations, which are fractions of that of the US. But you'll ignore that, your position depends on ignoring it, while wittering about 'freedom'.
Yeah all of Chicago's gun laws kept their murder rate in 2016 at over 200 times than national average

How has that worked out?

Last edited:
False. Criminals don't obey laws which is why there are no killings in gun free zones.

It takes a really stupid person to believe that criminals will turn in their guns or render them inoperable. Deerfield is being run by idiots.

I predict that the population of Deerfield (and the tax base) will go downward as a result of this asinine ruling by the village board. I am also betting that the village board, their family members, and their close friends will be exempted from the ruling. It works that way in all political oligarchies.

Let's hope that weapons bans and strict regulation makes life as safe for the residents of Deerfield as it has for the rest of Chicago, or DC for that matter.

I do believe that state and local governments have the duty to make local ordinances, the local populace have the duty to determine if the results are effective and vote accordingly. 2A was intended to restrict Congress from infringement - much of what Congress was not compelled to do or restrained from doing, was delegated to the states, intentionally left undefined.

Last edited:
This is what the people of Deerfield get for electing Democrats.

Democrats are always assholes, dumbshits and do the wrong thing.

Thank goodness Florida has a state firearms primacy law. In fact a public official can get fined for trying to circumvent the state's firearm's laws.

Shall we comply with laws passed by our elected officials?

Yes.

Don't like the law?

Vote against those officials, next time, who passed the law.

Vote for those candidates, next time, who will repeal the law.

Hell, challenge the law in a lawsuit within the court system, if you like...

But, in the meantime...

You will obey the law.

Q.E.D.

I know you think a gun can kill all be itself, but it can't. A gun is not a living thinking thing. It is an inanimate object incapable of doing anything by itself.

I also suspect you think gun owners are inherently dangerous, merely because they own guns. If this is true, consider the number of guns in private hands in America. Using that logic, we would all be killing each other. (maybe you THINK we are)

I also suspect you FEAR guns because you think if you owned one, you might shoot yourself or someone else. This is merely because you are damaged mentally...and really shouldn't own a gun.

Shall we comply with laws passed by our elected officials?

Yes.

Don't like the law?

Vote against those officials, next time, who passed the law.

Vote for those candidates, next time, who will repeal the law.

Hell, challenge the law in a lawsuit within the court system, if you like...

But, in the meantime...

You will obey the law.

Q.E.D.
....or just move to another community. What makes anyone think that criminals from all over the Chicago area will avoid going into Deerfield? They may be more inclined to go there knowing that the return fire will be limited.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Forum List

Back