Illinois governor strikes blow for taxapyers...q

[
Working harder and harder?

You can't be serious.

The average work week isn't even 40 hours anymore in fact it's less than 35.

I haven't worked less than 50 hours a week for the past 5 years and for a few of the past 5 years I've worked 80 to 100 hours a week.

So stop whining that you don't have enough even though you "work hard". If you ain't putting in the hours you can't complain.

Hey, genius, a lot of people work two jobs. A lot of Americans put in a lot of unpaid overtime.

And, nope, I don't put in 60 hour weeks at this point. Stopped doing that after the last job when they let me go after I ran up too many medical bills.

Now I'm just of the attitude, fuck the rich... more regulations, more taxes, more contempt.

[

Oh bullshit. It is up to each of us to improvise overcome and adapt.
Yours is the mentality of the entitled.
As for your last sentence. This is an example of your lack of understanding of "wealth is created"...Creation of wealth is not printing of money...In fact that REDUCES wealth by devaluing the currency.
SNIP....You union knuckleheads don't have a scintilla of imagination.

Sorry, had to snip your silly example, because you missed my point about printing up more money.

What I specifically referred to was the QE's, where we did print up more money, and 93% of the wealth gained went to top 1%- as documented.

So for the record... the wealthy got a bailout. They got to keep their performance bonuses. They got 93% of the wealth regained in the recovery... um... yeah. And they are whining about Obama for some reason. Spent 2 billion to try to get him out of office, and it didn't work.

Nope, this system isn't broken at all.

[

You can't be serious.

I haven't worked less than 50 hours a week for the past 5 years and for a few of the past 5 years I've worked 80 to 100 hours a week.

So stop whining that you don't have enough even though you "work hard". If you ain't putting in the hours you can't complain.

Hey, genius, a lot of people work two jobs. A lot of Americans put in a lot of unpaid overtime.

And, nope, I don't put in 60 hour weeks at this point. Stopped doing that after the last job when they let me go after I ran up too many medical bills.

Now I'm just of the attitude, fuck the rich... more regulations, more taxes, more contempt.
Don't forget more envy on your part

NOt a matter of envy.

Matter of wanting to fix what's broke.

Oh, yeah, and 64 million American voters agreed with me...

You lose!

:rolleyes: since when did your kind worry about votes and voters?

I'm not sure what "my kind" is. I used to be a Republican until I figured out that not being rich, they LITERALLY didn't care if I lived or died.

and pigs have wings...:rolleyes:

my remark is clearly intended for you, ala the ideology you portray thru your posts, its funny how progressives rarely seem to understand just what they are ( or willfully hide it) and are trying to foist upon the rest of us.

I choose- mixed up. You are not very good at portraying the Marxist/Leninist ideology via code they practice to entrance the dupes, and don't have a clue as to how a free market capitalist society operates in Federal Republic either. Denial aint a river in Egypt.

[

my remark is clearly intended for you, ala the ideology you portray thru your posts, its funny how progressives rarely seem to understand just what they are ( or willfully hide it) and are trying to foist upon the rest of us.

I choose- mixed up. You are not very good at portraying the Marxist/Leninist ideology via code they practice to entrance the dupes, and don't have a clue as to how a free market capitalist society operates in Federal Republic either. Denial aint a river in Egypt.

RIght, in your moral universe, no one can change their minds.

Got it.

In mine, a conservative Republican can become a liberal when his boss tells him, hey. we are ltting you go because you ran up too many medical bills last year, and you didn't take a hint when we put you in a do-nothing position. Don't like it? Well, that's why I'm glad I don't have a union second-guessing my decisions.

Pretty much got me to rethink... well... everything.

It's not "marxist" or "leninist" to have some funny idea that managers, bosses and owners should do the right thing and not lie to their employees and not screw them over because they think they can get away with it.

Capitalism is Evil. Period. It has no redeeming virtues. Time for something better.

[

You can't be serious.

People on salary do that. Hourly people do not work unpaid OT..If you have evidence to the contrary, show it here.
Oh, salaried people do not count as they are "exempt"...Contractors are not subject to wage and hour laws as they are essentially self employed.
With the wage and hoiur law passed in the second Bush admin, non management personnel MUST be paid houly and are non exempt.
And the term in the real world is WORK. In the insulated world of unions it is "put in" time
You did not lose your job over too many medical bills. Had that occurred, you'd have fought the termination.
You were terminated for cause. Just man up and admit it.

I should probably report you for bringing family members into a conversation, as that's against the rules, but for the record, my parents taught me to work hard, which is what I've done my whole life. I got my first job at 16 and I'm 50 now.

I'm opposed to those rich who behave badly.

The kind that wreck the banking industry, demand goverment bailouts, and then insist they are still entitled to their bonuses.

You know... those kinds of assholes.

Fact is, I'm not the one who wrecked the economy in 2008, they did. I was simply doing my job like a lot of us were.

No, you are opposed to the rich entirely. Just admit it.

I thought I made my position pretty clear. Go ahead and have someone help you with the big words if you were having a hard time following along.

Then in a later post you said "fuck the rich"....
Big words? Please get a grip on yourself.

So when your house burns down, the fire department doesn't do anything when it comes by and saves it and your life? Because, hey, they're public sector, they aren't producing anything.

We have a public sector because there are some things the private sector won't do or can't be trusted to do.

Essential function of government.
And as proven in 25 states, labor collectives are not a prerequisite to performance of these essential functions.
In fact, in the vast majority, for example, firefighters are VOLUNTEERS..
Kind of blows your "unions are essential" out of the water.

I'm not sure what "vast majority" you are talking about.

You do see a difference between the firefighter who is a volunteer auxillery who only comes out in a large scale emergency and the professional who is on call all the time.. I mean, I'm hoping you aren't that dense, are you?

Yes. every town in my home county with the exception of three( out 55 municipalities) has volunteer firefighters and ambulance corps. The fire dept here where I live now is volunteer. Where I have friends in upstate NY the FD is volunteer.
Save for large communities and cities, most are volunteer.
In these smaller communities, there is no need for paid firefighters. It's not a full time job.

[

As for your last sentence. This is an example of your lack of understanding of "wealth is created"...Creation of wealth is not printing of money...In fact that REDUCES wealth by devaluing the currency.

Sorry, had to snip your silly example, because you missed my point about printing up more money.

What I specifically referred to was the QE's, where we did print up more money, and 93% of the wealth gained went to top 1%- as documented.

So for the record... the wealthy got a bailout. They got to keep their performance bonuses. They got 93% of the wealth regained in the recovery... um... yeah. And they are whining about Obama for some reason. Spent 2 billion to try to get him out of office, and it didn't work.

HA! Your side of the aisle pushed for each QE and those wasteful stimulus bills.
DO you really think you can separate the Obama admin from the QE's? Please return to reality.
Oh, you made no earlier mention of QE.
Nobody in their right mind wanted QE...The Obama regime pushed for it for political reasons. Obama needed the stock markets to look good for his campaign.
The federal reserve printed fake money to temporarily prop up the stock market.
Once the high wore off the DJIA returned to it's previous levels and the US Dollar took a beating in the currency markets.

[

You snipped the examples because they beat the shit out of your stupid rantings.
Don't ever edit my posts again.

[

RIght, in your moral universe, no one can change their minds.

Got it.

In mine, a conservative Republican can become a liberal when his boss tells him, hey. we are ltting you go because you ran up too many medical bills last year, and you didn't take a hint when we put you in a do-nothing position. Don't like it? Well, that's why I'm glad I don't have a union second-guessing my decisions.

Pretty much got me to rethink... well... everything.

It's not "marxist" or "leninist" to have some funny idea that managers, bosses and owners should do the right thing and not lie to their employees and not screw them over because they think they can get away with it.

Capitalism is Evil. Period. It has no redeeming virtues. Time for something better.
You are so full of shit. You libs, lefties, progressives never take responsibility for your actions. It's always either someone else's fault or some grand conspiracy.
You just admitted to taking money for a "do nothing " and presumably dead end job. Obviously you lacked the foresight to see you were on a long term termination path.
Who's fault is that?...If you knew it was a dead end job, you should have done your due diligence and got the hell out of there. No, you decided you were getting easy money and figured they would just forget about you and let you fly under the radar.
A promise? For what? To do what?
Unless an employee has a written contract term the only promise between the employer and the employee is that if the employee does his or her job to the satisfaction of the employer, they get a paycheck AND they let you in the door the next day. In the absence of a term contract, the employment agreement is "at will".
I do not see a promise there. Perhaps that was just your perception.
Either that or you are hiding skeletons in your closet.
Please stow the medical bill story. Not buying it.

After completely reading all 8 pages of this thread, I must award the title of best argument to thereisnospoon.

Sorry Joe, but your entitlement mentality really shines through your posts. I can understand you've had a rough work history, and you seem like a very hard worker; but our own fate is ultimately our own responsibility.

And while I don't agree with exploiting workers, I don't believe Unions are fixing the problem; let alone making things any better.

Henry Ford figured out that for a business to thrive, employees should be cared for and respected. I don't remember there being Unions around at that time.. We don't need Unions now, we need more Henry Fords.

NOt a matter of envy.

You lose!

:rolleyes: since when did your kind worry about votes and voters?

I'm not sure what "my kind" is. I used to be a Republican until I figured out that not being rich, they LITERALLY didn't care if I lived or died.
It may be a wake up call for you, but very few people care if you live or die,Republican or Democrat, rich or poor, liberal or conservative.

NOt a matter of envy.

You lose!

You're the loser sitting there consumed by envy and complaining that you have been mistreated your whole life but you never did anything about it did you?

Now you want to take what's not yours and justify it by saying the system is broken when all the while it's you who are defective.

Tell me if things were so bad where you worked and your employers were such pieces of shit why didn't you start your own business?

[
People on salary do that. Hourly people do not work unpaid OT..If you have evidence to the contrary, show it here.
Oh, salaried people do not count as they are "exempt"...Contractors are not subject to wage and hour laws as they are essentially self employed.
With the wage and hoiur law passed in the second Bush admin, non management personnel MUST be paid houly and are non exempt.
And the term in the real world is WORK. In the insulated world of unions it is "put in" time
You did not lose your job over too many medical bills. Had that occurred, you'd have fought the termination.
You were terminated for cause. Just man up and admit it.

Salaries are another way they get away with abusing their employees.

Andy, yeah, it really was over medical bills. They had to pay me a pretty hefty bribe to NOT sue them.

Six years, I got awesome reviews at this place, until the Geniuses managed to lose the account that was half our business. Then they found themselved holding their puds with a warehouse that was half empty.

Of course, they couldn't fire me without getting a lawsuit for medical discrimination. So they put me in a job that was so insulting to my abilities they hoped I would quit. (And honestly, I did try to find a better job.) Then when that work was complete, they literally paid me for three months to do nothing. Then they just started firing people, starting with the ones who had medical issues.

Like I said, completely cured me of any sympathy for business at that point. Fuck 'em.

If the GOP keeps wanting to be the Party of Business, they'll keep losing elections.

NOt a matter of envy.

You lose!

You're the loser sitting there consumed by envy and complaining that you have been mistreated your whole life but you never did anything about it did you?

Now you want to take what's not yours and justify it by saying the system is broken when all the while it's you who are defective.

Tell me if things were so bad where you worked and your employers were such pieces of shit why didn't you start your own business?

1) I do have my own side business.

2) You don't beat the douchebags by becoming a douchebag.

3) I am doing something about it. One of the things I'm doing is making sure I do all I can to beat people like Romney and Walsh and other Koch Brother Toadies.

Forum List

Back